300ZX 2+2 Modification

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  300ZX 2+2 Modification

I have a 1991 300ZX 2+2 and i want to put an electric fan in place of the hp robbing clutch fan. I don't like the lag time it has when starting out because of the fan. Is there an easy way to do this or will it require a hammer and duck tape...hahaha. I am also having problems with the BOSE speakers. I get a buzzing sound from the speakers but not at the same time. I am replacing the head unit with a new Alpine. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some speaker upgrades. I realy like to keep it "looking stock" but replace some little things to make it nicer to drive.

posted by  decap66

i always thought putting the electrical fans was just a plug and play situation, besides the electrical wiring procedure but that cant be too complicated. as for the crank fan, just remove it, i believe thats how u get rid of it. it goes bolted on to the crank pulley, so just... unbolt it :P

posted by  Inygknok

Well only if you want the fan runing all the time, you need to install a thermostatic switch in one of the rad hoses so that it turns its self on and off.

posted by  cinqyg

It looks like it will be easy to take the old fan out but i still can't find any kits. On another forum i was told that a 350Z runs an electric fan so that might fit. thanks for you help if you have any good idea on speakers leme know. Thinking of going alpine or infinity havn't decided yet and making a custom sub box. I need to learn about fiberglass first.

posted by  decap66

Are you aiming for sound quality, or volume?

posted by  abless

I have had my fill of BOOM...BOOM...RATTLE...RATTLE. I am going for theatre sound quality. Just havn't been in the stereo bussiness for a long time. I don't know what's out there is all.

posted by  decap66

Your Message