"car owner to be", needs suggestions.

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  "car owner to be", needs suggestions.

"Ok, im sorry for posting another one of these threads…"

I am looking forward into buying a used car of my own, I want to spend between 7-11 g's alone on the car and build on it then (ie. Body kits, exhaust, just for looks "RICER" lol). Im not planning to race or anything like that so please don’t tell me to buy a engine, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind having a lil power. I want an automatic sports car with plenty of room to fit 5, I don’t want a cramp car where I could barely fit 4. I want something stylish but simple, and again, must have a sporty touch to it. Please feel free to leave any suggestions.

posted by  Ki2AY

you want a 5 seater, get an accord v6.

posted by  importluva

is that around my price range? what year and what class? 4 door or 2?

posted by  Ki2AY

the big unknown is how are you willing to go, is your heart set on a asain import or are you open to european cars aswell?

posted by  cinqyg

im open to any cars under japan

open to euro cars except volvo's, beemer's, volkswagon, and any Expensive cars such as porshe etc....

american cars... closest thing i would go for is a dodge neon.. i dont want any muscle cars.

posted by  Ki2AY

In that case, I'll move this to the 'General chat' board, It's better suited there! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

cliffy i would highly appreciate it if you left this thread under import forums... reason why is because... i prefer having more suggestion under japan made cars rather than european and american.. thx!

posted by  Ki2AY

LOL....Ok, if you say so, I just assumed that you wanted equal opinions on anything...*moves....again*

posted by  Cliffy

THX! your the man!

posted by  Ki2AY

look here (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/features.jsp?destURL=features.jsp&year=200 0&makeid=18&modelid=212&myid=1201&superTrim=&acode=USB00HOC011D0&logtype=7& aff=national)
for a camry look here (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/features.jsp?destURL=features.jsp&year=200 0&makeid=47&modelid=424&myid=1331&superTrim=&acode=USB00TOC021C0&logtype=7& aff=national)

I believe these to be the best 5 seaters in your price range in 2000-2004MY

On a side note, i must mention that my dad and i managed to get a '99 camry (i-4) for 7.5k USD, so put your negotiating skills to the test and try for the best deal.

EDIT: Also check out the following:-

Mazda Millenia here (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&makeid= 30&year=1999&modelid=280)
Nissan Maxima here (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&makeid= 36&year=2000&modelid=333) this has to be the sportiest of the ones i mentioned with a nice engine.

Hope that helps :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

You're welcome....and yes, I am theee man lol...As for your initial question, I think an Accord suits your needs perfectly, and it has a bit of grunt too! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

ok, i found a 92 4 door accord. for 2000$. what do u guys think? exterior and interior is very very clean. my sisters best friend owned it for a long time and shes around her 40's. she only used it for work for the past 10 years, basicly highway miles and the engine runs like its in its early 100k miles. therse nothing broken or anything missing. what do you guys think?

ill post up pics soon.

posted by  Ki2AY

The accord is pretty sweet! That’s if I had a wife and 3 kids lol! Im looking for a more sportier car. Keep in mind, it dosnt have to be a 4 door, jus aslong it has plenty of room in the back. The camry, uhhhh…. id rather go for the accord. So the camry is off the list. The mazda, I don’t know what to say.. That car would be great for me if I was 50 years old. It looks like a car for the "OLD". The maxima is my pick, but its at the peak of my price range, I would still prefer the accord.

All these cars need to be a lil more sportier…

~btw, thx for your suggestions!

posted by  Ki2AY

ok, for those who dont know what a 92 accord looks like, here is a pic.. this isnt the actual picture of the car, but its exsactly the same model and color! ill try to find more and post it asap.

here (http://www.smittysautomart.com/univ43.jpg)

posted by  Ki2AY

Whats wrong with volvo's and VW's??
umm the accord looks abit nasty

posted by  cinqyg

i jus dont like the looks. the accord is jus average looking. and also anyone here driving a vw jetta is either white or gay.. sorry no offense but thats how it is around here.

another thing is.. the VW or volvo's have no sporty touch or what so ever...

btw are you talkin about the 92 accord or the accord that importluva posted?

posted by  Ki2AY

well i mentioned those b/c you stated you want a 5 seater... :ticking:

next of all, you need to define what you consider "sporty" (coupe or sedan, v6 or i-4, etc)

finally, the accord also comes in a coupe version with the v6, if that is sporty enough for you. the maxima is the sportiest sedan that can seat 5, pack a punch with a v6, and come in a recent model within your price range.

if you are willing to get smaller cars, then say so.

posted by  importluva

i didnt realize you were willing to get a 12 year old car, but certainly get it if that is what you want. it should last to 200k miles before it starts giving touble.

posted by  importluva

well i wasn't at first.. but since im a first time driver and owner i would think thats the best decision.. it should last me 2 years... the engine is really good. and another thing is, i wouldnt have to worry about bills.. ill have financial freedom and my insurance would be much lower.. now if i get a car around 10g's i would be paying around 300 per month plus a higher insurance since im a new driver. but anyways.. what do u guys think of the 92 accord? good deal? yes? no?

posted by  Ki2AY

Well what happend to the 850 T5 thats seriosly quick, and you can fit 7 people in an estate and 5 in a saloon.

posted by  cinqyg

ok, so you are a first time driver...it makes sense now. the accord would be good to start out with. best thing to do is check with kbb.com (kelley blue book) to see if the price matches up with the stats of the car (mileage, features, condition, etc.)

posted by  importluva

850 t5? whats that a pick up truck or a talon?

posted by  Ki2AY

I think the accord is an good deal. My parents owned exactly the same model, just different color. Responsive acceleration, nice braking. But i am not sure if you can do anything "ricer" to it, since it looks so mature and family like. The accord is nice, best you can do to it, is repaint it, get rims, and that is about it. I would rather have engine modifications instead, since i prefer power over looks, but since you are first time driver, you do not need such a powerful car. PLEASE DO NOT PUT A BODY KIT ON THIS ACCORD!!!! Because that is plain ugly, jus leave it stock, and get a nice exhaust system as well, get that nice sound :)

posted by  aerith

Its an estate or saloon, like i said!

posted by  cinqyg

Okay, kid. One moment while I fetch my soapbox. My brother's former car was a 1993 Honda Accord LX. Same body style as that one, same color.
Point 1- The color doesn't bother you now, but you just wait. It becomes more teal by the day.
Point 2- His car had 171,000 miles on it. Of course, highway miles, blah blah. Luckily, it never broke down. Kudos to it in that respect- it handled the high mileage... decently.
Point 3- The wheels get ugly, too. Much akin to the color degeneration, the wheels will soon drive you insane. I reasoned this to be b/c there is almost no inner wheel with rotors/calipers visible!!!! Annoyance.
Point 4- Spare your faith in the power windows. The driver's window ceased to work. Rather, ithe car could pull it down like a champ, but had some trouble pushing the window back up without driving it off the track... Ten points to that. We had it repaired- in a makeshift sort of way. The mechanic placed the window back in the track, but said that you couldn't roll it down ever, or it would go off the track again. If we wanted it to be functional again, we'd have to replace the whole power window for the driver's seat.
Point 5- I've never been a fan of cars that shake violently once you hit 55. For some reason, the car's not a fan of going above 50, so it incites its protest by shaking you like hell. Chalk one up to the '93 Honda teal of steel.
Point 6- A delightful idea, the retracting antennae. Delightful when it works. Of course, like most things on the car, one day in a fit of rage, the antennae decided to cease to function. Oh joy, oh rapture.
Point 7- As far as I knew, squeejies (spelling?) (You know, the things that they have at the gas station for cleaning the windshield- a combination of sponge and rubber... thing?) were meant for use on the outside of the car. Of course, one unfortunate night- and it was rather cold out.... the windshield fogged beyond belief. Despite the fact that the defroster was turned up all of the way, in addition to us applying fresh air (as you always should...), the windshield almost rendered us blind. While my brother drove, I had to sit in the passenger's seat and continue to wipe the windshield to keep us from driving off of the road. Not fun.
Okay. Now that that is out of my system... you said that your price range is $11-12k? Don't mind my asking- why in the hell would you consider a $2000 '92 Honda Accord when you have that much money? I understand the whole idea of saving money, but the car is truly an exercise in masochism. Don't torture yourself. :banghead: :banghead: :screwy:

posted by  Patrick

first of all, stop burning the car if you never drove it yourself. For your information my parents owned this car until two years ago, we bought it brand new. We sold it not because it had any problems, we sold it because we needed a bigger car. The power windows thing is easy to fix, you go to a car salvage yard buy a motor for twentybucks (one off a newer model will still work) and do it yourself, it takes like 30 min to do. And why would you want see any rotors you moron? It is a family car, not a sports car. And the attenae never even broke for us, what did you do to it? go through car wash with it up? And the wheels and color is all personal preference, if you do not like it it doesnt mean that someone else doesnt like it. And for your information; i live in Canada and the weather here is much harsher then Kentucky, and not once did that fogged window problem ever happen.

Ki2ay, do not listen to him, buy it if you like it. My parents had this car for nine years, and not one time did we have to take our car into the shop for any problems. Only times we ever did take it into the shops were accidents. It is a super reliable car, and it is steal at 2k. If you really like it, just go ahead, it is a great car to start off with. But there is one thing you might not like about it, the turning radius isnt so good. But that is not a big problem.

posted by  aerith

Volvo T5R http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/225729, The R is a 300bhp, 0-62mph 5.9 secs 155mph beasty.

but if you want something a bit tamer with 7 seats http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/581042

There is a cross bread but they are a limited edition and a little slower 0-62mph 6.2 secs. Up until a few years ago they were used by the traffic cops over here they are very very quick as i think most brits will agree, you can also fit a few washing machines in the back of the estates.

posted by  cinqyg

Yeah, i have a Passat and its a lovely car but it just looks like it is my dads and that may well be an issuse with this car.. Think about it.. Also the Mk3 Golfs used to handle well and the VR6/GTi 16V (NOT the 8V!!! (115bhp)) engine will give you more than enough power for a first time driver, they come in a good reliable auto version and will have enough space for 5 people, they look good and can be found for very little money..! :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Point taken.... And no, we did not leave the antennae up during a car wash. I suppose this situation is like any other with any car model- some people have great experiences, and others have horrible ones. Just because your car worked doesn't mean that mine didn't.

posted by  Patrick

aerith, your sig sucks balls :fu: thought id let you know :laughing:

seriously tho, you might have to scale it down. they made me scale mine down :ohcrap:

posted by  importluva

You don't deserve a car, why don't you wait untill your more knowlegable and respective. I have a feeling you can't drive, with the way you post.

posted by  cwzilly

well i was just planning to get intake / exhaust systems and tires / rims thats it. if i was to go any further, i would just save that money and buy a new car.

posted by  Ki2AY

thats why i have this thread up to get suggestions if its a good deal or not.

posted by  Ki2AY

Actually I know for a fact that this car is in top condition… I've droove it every now and then.. Its been owned by 2 ladies in their early 40's. everything functions well, I don’t mind the color, just aslong its not pink or magenta. And I don’t mind the rims heck* I wouldn’t mind if it didn’t have any rims. The automatic doors works fine, and the car does not wiggle when you go past 55. the car has never been into any accidents and my sister and her best friend never had any serious problems with it.. Only time they ever brought it to a shop was when they needed alignment and new brake pads. My brother has the same car except, it’s a 93 model 2 door. And he never had any problems with it either.. Also, he has about 170k miles on it. Oh yeh, I don’t mind the turning radius

You know honda dosnt have such a great reputation for nothing patrick.
And everything you have listed there, I think they all relate to every man made vehicles out there.

posted by  Ki2AY

go to hell. :fu: :screwy:

u need to get pimp slapped. :laughing:

posted by  Ki2AY

Your Message