Evo or IS300?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Evo or IS300?

Ok, i am getting either one of these cars in the next two years. Of course not new, used :D I cannot afford either new :P Anways, since these cars are similiar in price, which one would you get? We are talking about the leather interior version of the Evo by the way. And i am in North America as you see, so its the US spec Evo, w/o the ACD and the titanium turbo. Anyways, which one?

posted by  aerith

apples and oranges imo.
lexus def has a very nice interior and features, but a weakened version of the 2jz motor. bolt-ons wont get you crap, but f/i will get you somewhere. you can even do swaps from supras and really make this car a beast, but it'll take plenty of moolah.

the evo is a pure track car with loads of cheap potential. the IS has potential too, but much more expensive. Hell, simple boltons in the evo wil get you into 12s in the 1/4, no such luck with the IS. but its a tradeoff, the evo is a track car only, very little to offer in terms of comfort and everday drivability.

either way, they are both good cars.

EDIT: hehe, forgot to pick one :doh:

Id say go with the IS if there is any warranty left. Take advantage of lexus' reputation for great service, then when you have the money, mod the hell of out it. you can make this baby as badass as a supra. 600+rwhp easy, but it'll cost $15kUSD+.
The reason i say no to the evo is b/c, well, mitsu is not my fav of companies. Poor management, comparatively worse customer service, the STi is better :mrgreen: , and questions about reliability. Lexus is unrivaled in reliability, so i say go with the IS.

posted by  importluva

hmmm...I am kind of leaning toward the Evo, because i do not only get AWD, i also get the rarity of the Evo. And the leather Recaro seats are pretty comfortable from what i heard. But cant beat a lexus interior huh? I am not that serious man, i do not need 600whp. hahah :D But with the IS, ou get the ability to drift easier, but its not like im going to anyways, such an expensive car with such expensive tires. Well, i guess i just have to wait and see which is cheaper. :D

posted by  aerith

yea, and get dominated by sti owners :laughing: well, atleast until the evo remains stock. i say the lexus will last longer than the evo, build quality and bullet proof 2jz motor own the evo, not to mention the daily drivability factor that goes to the lexus. anywho, ill let you make your own decision.

posted by  importluva

can we plz not start on evo vs sti? cuz both of dem are gd cars. i like da evo cuz dey handle better and better ergonomics and more rare, but dats personal preference. But the STi has the power :D 300 big ones.

posted by  aerith

Only in America.. In the UK we have just received a new 400bhp version and there is rumor of a 500bhp version on it's way where as the Scooby is "struggling" along with just 315bhp.. :orglaugh:
Anyway.. ask yourself these questions:-

(I’m thinking of the UK spec Evo's so I may get 1 or 2 things wrong!!!) :hi: :orglaugh:

- Do you want economy? 15mpg..
- Do you mind a VERY hard ride in the Evo?
- Do you like straight-line speed or good handling? (Evo best compromise of both)
- Last of all, which model do you prefer with the Evo?

You need look no further than my sig to see my preferance!!

Over here an Evo VII Extreme (339bhp and 350 lbf torque) was tested and it was described as "possibly the fastest road car ever".. Now obviously that is not exactly true but it will keep up with cars costing 3 times it's price... :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Importluva's right when he says it's like comparing apples to oranges, they are very different cars, but if I had to recomend one it would be the Lexus, bear in mind I'm speaking from your point of view here, aerith. If you wont be racing it I really cant see the advantage of getting the Evo, I would select the Evo if it was me though, but that's probably because my needs are very different to yours lol. The advantage in my opinion, of the Luxus for you is the RWD....If you really need to drift lol

posted by  Cliffy

i think mitsu will release the evo MR here real soon, so mitsu can claim the "upper hand" in america too. no biggie tho, i would never buy a mitsu anyway.

i think the STi is the perfect blend of performance, handling on any surface, daily drivability, practicality of a sedan, and at a good price. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

hahah, yea i could drift...except if i break or dent something, it would cost ALOT to fix. I could always take my friend's old 240 and drift if i wanted to. The Evo is more comfortable then the STi here. The Recaros are more supportive and the momo wheel in the evo is nicer as well. If you can find the leather interior version of the evo here, it just completely owns the sti in the interior anyways. Black and grey color scheme with leather side panel trim as well. VERY NICE!! I live in Canada people, the Evo has not been officially released yet, but we can import it from the states. But the STi is EVERYWHERE! I see one everyday, not that it is not a pleasant sight, it is just that i would rather have something more rare. And with the IS300 i cannot drive in the snow...when we do have any which is hardly (that might be hard to believe to the stereotypical views of Canada). But it is better to be ready. :D

So the bottom line is, i will see which is cheaper :D
If i am lucky ill find a cheap Evo with an salvage title and import it and fix it myself. That way, it is all the more sweeter :D

posted by  aerith

Really? all the reviews i have read have said that the STi had a better interior.. But it wasn't the leather interior in the EVO.. Oh well, i guess it's your personal preferance.. All the Evo's I've been in/driven have has the cloth interior because they were the really high performance versions and the leather doensn't hold you in the seat quite so well... :2cents: :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

The US spec Evolution is more comfortable because we get the wider Recaro Bucket seats made for the american that live on a diet of KFC, lol. Yeah, but if you are paying over 30k USD you would want to get something that looks nice and performs nice. I would rather have the leather version even though it doesnt grip as well, because it just looks so damn nice. Well the seats are not all leather the middle is actually a seude material so it is more racy and grippy.

posted by  aerith

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!! You mean the leather trim around the edges? Yeah, the ones i've been in have had that but i thought you meant a complete leather seat.. Thought you had an option we didn't there!! However i have seen complete leather seats in an Evo and thought you meant those... :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Well, it is a luxury for us now, at least for Americans so far. I am still stuck up here in Canada "evolution-less." But i think that the Evolution line is going to be launched here this fall. Does anyone know if that is true? I know for sure that the Lancer Evolution, RS, and MR is going to be launched in the states this fall. But i am not sure about in Canada.

posted by  aerith

if you ask me, i'd go for the EVO

posted by  Ki2AY

Do you have a "local" Mitsu dealship? Best thing to do it to drive over to them and ask them in person and also pick up some brochures on the car and get a quote and ask any other questions you may have.. :mrgreen: Don't just ring them, you will get much better service if you go to them in person.. :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Get to know them real good cuz you'll be visiting often with your evo. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

LOL Many laughs there. Yeah- y'all think Mitsu reliability is bad now? Wait until DaimlerChrysler isn't paying for 35% of the company anymore... then they'll really suck. This could be the end of Mitsubishi as we know it... Sorry- non-sequeter.

posted by  Patrick

Any of you actually own a Mitsubishi or know someone that does? I think the reliability of Mitsubishis are actually pretty good. And it is the other way around, Diamler Chrysler did not pay Mitsubishi, they were desparate. Chrysler could not design a good car if their lives depended on it back then. The reason that some of the Chrysler's cars were made by Mitsubishi, because Mitsu did not have a factory here yet. Their cars are fine, do you hear any horror stories on reliability? I mean without touching the engine, Mitsubishi's reliability is just as good as most Import and Domestic cars.

posted by  aerith

im afraid thats not the case if you visit evo forums. many complain of clutch problems, among others.
If you want to go to history, then i suppose you are aware of the fact that mitsubishi used to prevent informing the public about flaws in their cars. Rather than risk their reputation, they let the flawed cars run on the roads. They payed dearly for that mistake, and i believe they are still paying for that.
Nevertheless, i dont want to instigate a flamefest, just want to make sure you will not regret your choice. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

well, i don't know all that much about reliability in the evos, but i have had my talon (eclipse in disguise) for nearly 3 years. I bought it with slightly over 100k miles and it has been flawless mechanically, save for a faulty power steering pump. all the mitsubishis i have ever owned have been very reliable mechanically. I would not be afraid of the reliability of the evo, especially if you aren't going to mod it at all or minimally. In your case I would probably go with the lexus, however you are certainly looking at two very different cars. If you're simply looking at price, then that's cool, but i wouldn't discredit the evo on reliability. You won't get the same level as with the lexus, obviously, but the evo is certainly not a junker that is gonna breakdown once a week. :2cents:

posted by  JeffGodOfBiskut

from my point of view, i think the only thing a subaru has is power, total brute power....nothing else. the evo is way beter at handling and the latest models such as the VIII and MR have the potential of being really quick road eating beats!

to answer the question, i would go for an evo

Evo VIII mate :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

"i think the only thing a subaru has is power"

omg, your so freakin right! :thumbs:

posted by  Ki2AY

looks like we got an anti-subaru alliance here :laughing: subaru's are good cars and they are really fast but if you was to live in a built up area...what is the point in having one when you wont even be able to use its full power....or is there?

posted by  WeaponR

i say go for the Lexus...yeah its less powerful but its better in day-by-day driveability. and Lexi last forever. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I dont really understand you on that one....both cars are almost identical (with the Evo just topping the Scoopy in the accelaration stakes.....at the moment) :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

sorry :ohcrap: i wasn't comparing them...i was just talking generaly on the subraus power...there wouldn't be a point in having any kind of fast car if you live in a built up area any way for the same reasons...and since we both are from the UK, we know how tiny our roads can be. over in the states it doesn't matter as much....they have roads 'like' :mrgreen: the size of a football pitch oops that should be soccer pitch :laughing:

no offense to the americans there, i love you all :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

It's ok, I know what your point was lol....and remember all you lot in the UK.....driving above 30mph in a built up area aint big...and certainly aint clever...oh, and it's illegal lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

i respect your views and your opinion, but i must stick to mine.

the evo w/o a doubt will perform better at a track or auto-x. Evos have excellent handling, but they are more track cars than for daily driving. the ride is simply too harsh, and the handling gets annoying for long drives. these are areas in which the STi shines. the STi can pass as an only car/daily driver, but not the evo imo.
Also, the evo is not nearly as good in inclement weather as the STi is (read, snow and dirt)
Furthermore, stock for stock, the STi should put the hurting on the Evo at the drag strip.

posted by  importluva

a think you forget to mention the tip, if you see a lampost what does it mean? you can see the street? no it means you have to drive at 30mph :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

Had you of said that a couple of years ago it would have been true, but now, you'll find that lamp posts are popping up in 40mph or even 50mph zones, it's more the spacing of them that counts, rather than the amount there is. A better guidline, is if you see a school, it's deffinatelly a 30mph or less speed limit! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

well i don't drive so i don't know the rules upto date.....lol.....but your right....kill your speed...not a child :clap:

posted by  WeaponR

I thought this thread was between the Evo and the IS300...not the STi. :banghead:

A while back ago, before I got my IS300, I wanted an Evo. Even though I don't know manual, I still wanted it for its superior performance and cool styling. However, I eventually came to grips with practicality and decided that the IS300 is more for me.

In the end, all the Evo really has is performance and styling. Mitsubishi is a struggling company, and like what many people here have said, it's service and reliability is poor. I also read that Mitsubishi is voiding warranties on Evos that have registered and participated in competitions or something. Obviously, Mitsubishi doesn't have a lot of faith in its most famous vehicle either.

On the other hand, Lexus is known for reliability, durability, and reputation. And it's not like an IS300 is worthless on the track either with its Supra engine. Also, the IS300 has an awesome interior and all kinds of luxury features.

I'd say the Lexus is definitely the way to go.

posted by  MaChao

sorry about the whole sti thing. i was just trying to show how one sided people here think. they only look for performance and forget about necessities for daily driving, in which the IS destroys all cars mentioned in this thread.

I see you have an IS, you gonna mod it or what? :mrgreen:

posted by  importluva

[QUOTE=MaChao]I thought this thread was between the Evo and the IS300...not the STi. :banghead: QUOTE]

yeh sorry.....over here we seem to get a little carried away with things and can't stick to the subject....its gets boring if we don't go off the subject after a while though....a think we do it so that we get people coming back to the thread to read more :laughing: and by lord they do! :laughing:

what do guys think about the lexus IS200 a.k.a. toyota altezza? 'i think its a pretty amazing machine' any one know what film that comes from :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

Daily necessitites? Pfft, those are just unecisary thing that people think they need. Besides if the cars starts can drive and reverse it has all the necessities a car needs. The rest of those things you consider a necesity are realy unecisary. Lets talk about those "performance" options like the Evos AWD. Wich comes in handy any more than some leather interior ever will. On the subject of Evo Vs STi, this has been covered by man of magazines Evo wins because it has better handling hands down. If the car does'nt handle well(wich is one of the "necessities") no ammount of HP can can sway the opinion of wich is better. Anyways go with the Evo, you'll wish you did in the event you loose traction in a RWD IS300.*knock on wood* :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

yeah! DSMer............the evo III! much better than the sti and the is300.....im taking your word for it there....i think i will try and do some reading about this.....find out what the real deal is.... :thumbs:

read about the evo III and the is300 that is.....i already know that the evo III is better than the sti now......better handling and acceleration.....any one read about the Evo III MR yet? what a machine!

posted by  WeaponR

Don't patronize me :evil: I was actually referring to the Evo8 :doh: vs the STi. I had no idea we were talking about the EvoIII. I'm a little hazy on the specs of the EvoIII but I'd assume it is similar to that of the Evo8 and thust still a better choice than the IS300...

posted by  DSMer

sorry.....i forgot to put the 'v' :oops: ok evo VIII.....is that better? like i said before....humans do make silly mistakes :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

Well that makes a big difference. Yeah the Evo8(EvoVIII) is the better choice. Both have great room for expansion but the IS300 has more of a classier appeal than the Evo8. So the question is, does this guy want Class and Performace(IS300) or Performance and Driveablity(Evo8). Where the Evo lacks material superiority it makes up for in its ability to stay gripping to a slippery road. So if this guy is more of a "I like leather" type of guy go with the IS300. If you're more of a "My car needs more attention than my girlfriend" type of guy go with the EvoVIII.

posted by  DSMer

:laughing: Your comments make me laugh. You are a mag racer and dont know crap about any of these cars.
Perhaps it would do you good to read all of my comments in this thread before making your silly comments. I have clearly pointed out the pros and cons of the STi, Evo8, and the IS300.
Happy reading :read:

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, if you dont need the features you listed above, then consider changing your sig. An M3 is far from what you look for in a car :screwy:
I hope you dont pussy out, im looking for some entertainment

posted by  importluva

ok before this becomes a war zone again, im just gonna state my very brief opinion.....

this guy wanted a daily driver vehicle that could perform well n that its reliable. its a no brainer, its clearly the IS. both cars r too different to be compared. i live in the tropics, so i dont care about AWD since it never snows here, n if ur a good driver, then rain wont be a problem with ur RWD. i have driven my supra harshly during the rain n ive gotten the hang of it (with no traffic ofc, it would be very irresponsible otherwise). u just gotta be a bit more careful, but anyone with a bit of maturity can control themselves when the road is slippery. even AWD cars can slip, its WAY harder for them to slip, but its possible. it all just depends on the person's self control. once i had the misfortune of sliding my car sideways on a wet road by accident. i was taking a long turn (of which i have a video off in my pc) and i shifted into second a bit hard n the car decided to play with me by power sliding, the scary thing was that there was a car headed straight for me n the car had managed to slide into the opposing lane, still i just counter steered n the damn car straighten up calmly (which led me to scream at it for 10 minutes, n yea, i talk to the car, BLOW ME :P).

ok so that wasnt so brief... BUT I DONT CARE :P :mrgreen: :fu:

posted by  Inygknok

you make valid points and i agree with you.

i only wish to address DSMer on a couple of points that he/she makes. apparently he/she is unaware that EVO's come with leather, and this person believes that mag racing is all that is necessary to establish one car's superiority over another.

"Lets talk about those "performance" options like the Evos AWD."
This statement is most amusing.

Anyways, ill give him/her a chance to clarify/rectify.

posted by  importluva

I don't know yet. I'm 18 and my parents are footing the bill for the car. If I do, I'd do it 1) after I get a real paying job and most likely when the car is or almost paid off. Also, I need to learn more info about mods and stuff. I know next to nothing.

Anyways, let's see the advantages to an IS300:
- reliability
- more comfort
- brand recognition

Advantages to the Evo:
- more performance
- arguably cooler looking car

I think as far as practicality goes, an IS300 is a better choice. It's a car that both car types and non-car types can respect. Whereas if non-car types see an Evo, they might say "cool looking car" but at the same time, they might think its design is that of a punk ass kid thinking he owns the streets and thinking he's a bad ass.

While you might get props from the racing-type community, that's really as far as it will go.

Remember, Mitsubishi has a bad history on reliability. A friend of mine uses the example that you don't see any old Mitsubishis around. Around my area, I've seen only a couple of '91 Eclipses, but that's as old as they come. So you never know, the higher performance vehicle may have a big impact on your wallet after a while.

posted by  MaChao

:clap: I applaud you for your *arghem* "balls" so to speak... First and formost, its not the M3.. its a "BLUE" thing as clearly stated(Can YOU read?). Mag racer eh? Whos to even say I race? I think that was a thing you call an assumption. Kinda how you "assumed" that I did'nt know there was that material that comes off an animals body called leather inside of an Evo. I'm fully of aware of both the IS300 and Evo8's features and "necessities" as you like to speak of...Now again lets look at these 3 cars... not exactly the most luxurious things you'll find and you wanna know why that is? Because they are a thing people like to call sport compact cars.(Catch that sport? :wink2: ) So in order to establish the superiority in a SPORT compact car class we must do exactly that. Challenge their ability to be sporty, sure its nice to have leather and a nice roomy cabin with enough gadgets to make Bill Gates blush, but we're not talking Diamante's and LS's. We're talking IS's and Evo's(just in case you did'nt know). The reason you buy a sport compact luxury is to set you aside from the rest of the luxurios highly priced cars. Its kinda of a mix of both worlds. But they are not luxury sports cars its sports luxury. As you can see the sport, or the performance, aspect comes first. Therefore, if both cars posess leather(if thats what the hell you wanna call that "material" inside of the evo EWW..) what are talking about daily driving options? What would you like some frilly cloth to go along with your seatwarmers..or a panty rack in the truck to match your trim? :laughing: . Anywhos I'd dare not compare a Mitsubishi interior to that of a Lexus hands down Lexus would rule ass over in the interior desing. But then again Sport Compacts... the Evo would kick ass on the IS300 overall in performance. Anyhow, since you beleive that I'm such a "mag racer" I'll even rectify for you more. Since when have you ever been to a street race and seen somone back down to a car with a "superior" interior. So tell my why when you see car commercials they always have some guy driving on the road showing off the cars performance, then they "cut" to the interior and back out to the car handling the curves. Tell me why is the engine type and how much horspower the car has almost always the first thing listed in the brochure of a car. Then they lable the optional interiors, hell they might not even tell you that car has leather. Because the performance aspect of a car makes the car a car. Features decide who its being sold to. Now if this guy is buying this sport compact for the "luxurious" features he should probably save his hard earned pretty penny. No matter what aspect you put it in, driveability and performance of a car outweigh it interior. Shoot even if you saw the SC430 commerical and thought it was cool that the car can detect rain and went and bought it solely on that purpose. You still get performance. And since when has performance not been a use of daily driveability? How many people speed and cut in and out of traffic. How many times do you have to pass a slow ass "luxury" car on the road because. Eitherway both cars have style, so we must look at performance. Point and simple a car can fuction for for "daily drivability" without an interior period. May not be the most comfortable thing but hey it drives. So the next time I pull up to the stoplight and skeet off on some guy in a luxery car trying to race me;hes not going so say "Oh well my interior is better" hes gonna wanna know what I have under my hood. Performance and Drivability rule over interior anyday. Sorry tike but big boys like fast cars. Damn this is long but I rest my case....

Oh yeah stick with the EVO(just to stay on topic)

posted by  DSMer

:clap: I applaud you for your *arghem* "balls" so to speak...
??? whatever that means

First and formost, its not the M3.. its a "BLUE" thing as clearly stated(Can YOU read?).
My apologies, the front headlights caused me to assume its an M3, but no matter, it is a BMW and since all you need is to go back and forth, BMWs are not worthy of you

Mag racer eh? Whos to even say I race? I think that was a thing you call an assumption.
Mag racer in the sense you claim the Evo has better handling skills, that too from a mag. You also seem to think the STi has absolutely no handling capability at all. And even in handling, the evo is outdone in anything other than paved roads by the STi.

Kinda how you "assumed" that I did'nt know there was that material that comes off an animals body called leather inside of an Evo.
But you're all about performance, who needs those leather seats!!! I believe this is similar to what you said a few posts ago

I'm fully of aware of both the IS300 and Evo8's features and "necessities" as you like to speak of...
Im not so sure...I never explicitly stated what i think are necessities. I suppose you are good at mindreading through the internet? No matter, this is not that big a deal.

Now again lets look at these 3 cars... not exactly the most luxurious things you'll find and you wanna know why that is?
Im not concerned about the level of luxury, as we are both in agreement that the IS300 will wax the other two cars in this dept.

Because they are a thing people like to call sport compact cars.(Catch that sport? :wink2: ) So in order to establish the superiority in a SPORT compact car class we must do exactly that. Challenge their ability to be sporty, sure its nice to have leather and a nice roomy cabin with enough gadgets to make Bill Gates blush, but we're not talking Diamante's and LS's. We're talking IS's and Evo's(just in case you did'nt know). The reason you buy a sport compact luxury is to set you aside from the rest of the luxurios highly priced cars. Its kinda of a mix of both worlds. But they are not luxury sports cars its sports luxury. As you can see the sport, or the performance, aspect comes first. Therefore, if both cars posess leather(if thats what the hell you wanna call that "material" inside of the evo EWW..) what are talking about daily driving options?
I cant be bothered about the classifications of the cars. You can mull over this point all you want.
When i say daily drivability, im talking about ride quality, unwanted sound from the outside when driving (not the engine sound mind you), no lag, proper handling for long drives, etc. In this case, IS300>STi>Evo. I have driven the STi and Evo, so i speak with a little experience. the STi is more forgiving in the ride, the steering is proper for occaisonal track and daily driving (the Evo is too touchy for long drives, its great for the track im sure but not for city roads), the STi has little to no lag at all but such is not the case with the Evo. THIS is what i mean when i say daily drivibility. As i mentioned in my first response to this thread, the Evo is a great track car, but almost impractical for daily use.

What would you like some frilly cloth to go along with your seatwarmers..or a panty rack in the truck to match your trim? :laughing: . Anywhos I'd dare not compare a Mitsubishi interior to that of a Lexus hands down Lexus would rule ass over in the interior desing.
No brainer here, i agree

But then again Sport Compacts... the Evo would kick ass on the IS300 overall in performance.
Call it what you want, but stock for stock, yes. Once you bring mods into the scene, i think the IS might have an edge. Especially when money is not a factor, the IS has a much better engine and once you bring supra internals to the IS, its all over baby!

Anyhow, since you beleive that I'm such a "mag racer" I'll even rectify for you more. Since when have you ever been to a street race and seen somone back down to a car with a "superior" interior. So tell my why when you see car commercials they always have some guy driving on the road showing off the cars performance, then they "cut" to the interior and back out to the car handling the curves. Tell me why is the engine type and how much horspower the car has almost always the first thing listed in the brochure of a car. Then they lable the optional interiors, hell they might not even tell you that car has leather. Because the performance aspect of a car makes the car a car. Features decide who its being sold to. Now if this guy is buying this sport compact for the "luxurious" features he should probably save his hard earned pretty penny.
I think that the interior is equally important when purchasing a car. Very few people are hardcore racers, and most like to buy these cars and use them as daily drivers, thus making the interior all the more important.

No matter what aspect you put it in, driveability and performance of a car outweigh it interior.
They are all equal imo

Shoot even if you saw the SC430 commerical and thought it was cool that the car can detect rain and went and bought it solely on that purpose. You still get performance.
Your claim is subjective. To those who sport cobras and vipers, the SC has little performance. But to a person like me, driving a "lowly" camry, the SC offers a great powerplant.

And since when has performance not been a use of daily driveability? How many people speed and cut in and out of traffic.
Thats very unsafe and i condemn such actions. You are using performance too generally, if you are talking about short acceleration to switch lanes, any car is capable of doing that.

How many times do you have to pass a slow ass "luxury" car on the road because.
Heh. Frankly, i dont speed much. At max i do 5mph over the speed limit. After my father got into an accident, i tend to be extra careful.

Eitherway both cars have style, so we must look at performance.
Depends on which car you are driving and which car you are comparing to. Hell, drive your evo8 next to a maybach (nah, that wont work. the maybach will kick your ass).

Point and simple a car can fuction for for "daily drivability" without an interior period.
Im not so sure about that. W/o an interior, you cant drive a car! Seriously, i have said enough on this topic, it is prety subjective anyway as there are many more who follow your thoughts.

May not be the most comfortable thing but hey it drives.
This proves my point. You are only concerned about the performance, but not everyone thinks like you!!! There are people like me who believe there is more to a car than just performance. Since there seem to be a majority of people who think like you posting in this thread, i emphasize my thoughts for the benefit of the thread starter.

So the next time I pull up to the stoplight and skeet off on some guy in a luxery car trying to race me;hes not going so say "Oh well my interior is better" hes gonna wanna know what I have under my hood.
Who says luxury cars cant have nasty stuff under the hood. Off the top of my head, i can think of several BMWs, Mercedes-Benzs, Audis, Maybachs, Bugatti Veyron, hell, even the Lexus GS series can be modified into a beast
But it can also be that the luxury guy doesnt want his car to flex its muscles, but would rather relax and head home to wife and kids. Im sure as you get older you will change your mind on this topic

Performance and Drivability rule over interior anyday. Sorry tike but big boys like fast cars. Damn this is long but I rest my case....
The point i was most interested (read WAS b/c this post has gotten long) in is that the STi is the most balanced. It has the best of performance, driveability, and some comfort for a very very low price.

Oh yeah stick with the EVO(just to stay on topic)
Boy, after that, i think we both need to catch our breaths. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

I understand your point completely, but when you say a necessity(wich is a must have) you mean must have. You can't manipulate necessity in a category of your own it stands as a must have. I'm not saying I don't need a nice interior and good cabin enviorement. I'm simply saying its not a need. But you say you ignore the classification of cars, wich CAN NOT be ignored. You can't put a Cavalier in the same category as a GS300 and compare them. So when you look at Sport Compacts you expect their "driveablilty" to be diminished from that of a Luxery Sedan. Thats is why everyone here you claim to have "mag raced" opinions,because these are sports cars...not luxury sedans. If you wan't driveability go buy a LS Lexus. This guy has a money issues so when you say mods brought into the picture No DICE.. The 4G63 is probably one of the most powerful 4 bangaz. And AWD, wich no matter how you put it makes the Evo better than the RWD IS anyday, will give the Evo the upperhand no matter what. Fully modded out the Evo will beat the IS300 on da drag and track(While the rearwheels spin on the IS the Evo would have been taken off). Shoot the only thing the IS300 can do that the Evo can't do is Drift and I take that back you can make an AWD Evo into a RWD. So anything the IS can do the Evo can do just as good if not better. Except produce less cabin noise :( . But when you think of the cost of a Evo to an IS when money is an issue(wich it is) the Evo comes out on top. In upgrades, in insurance(yes it cost more to insure a Lexus, its a Lexus man! :laughing:), and in ability to be fixed. Haha, you called the Evo impracticle for street driving because the steering is too touchy? That same reason makes the STi(wich handles great) lesser in steering quality than the Evo. Touchy steering is a must. Rule of thumb when buying a car, if you have more than 1-2 inches of play in the steeringwheel where the wheels don't turn thats not driveability thats loose steering. thats why we drive with both hands and keep the steeringwheel movement to a minimum but I suppose on your long drives your knees will prove more efficient(we've all been there man). Then again who goes on long drives with manual cars? I don't know about you but if I gotta shift and clutch a damn near 100+ mile drive I won't be happy camper :evil: . And if you don't buy the IS in manual you're defeating the purpose of having a sport compact just save your money and buy a GS300 or something similar. The STi is a rally car and its very good at that but not better than the Evo becuase its handling is slightly loose. When I drove my buddies STi I instantly went into a parking lot to spin the hell outta that beast, I sucessfully did it but I was unable to complelty pull out of the spin because of the handling. In the evo I sneezed and the car turned I was able to manuever the Evo slightly better than the STi. The STi has comparable performance to the Evo and the interior of the Subie just slams the Evo(what the hell was mitsubishi thinking). But for a money issue go with the Evo if you have deep pockets go with the IS300, but be warned if you buy an IS300 just barley paying for it, you won't have the money for upgrades. Mitsubishi is cheap and fast... Haha bring in big brother internals from the Supra not fair. How about we go get our friend Mr. 3000GT VR-4 TwinTurbo AWD to step in the Supras ass.. Even you have to admit when money is an issue the Evo is the way to go....

posted by  DSMer

well he can buy the Evo8 and upgrade the interior a bit....add leather seats and a nice dash trim etc.....wonder how good an Evo8 will look with leather seats straight out of a mercedes or something :wink2: his girlfriend would love them though i suppose :mrgreen:

posted by  WeaponR

I understand your point completely, but when you say a necessity(wich is a must have) you mean must have. You can't manipulate necessity in a category of your own it stands as a must have. I'm not saying I don't need a nice interior and good cabin enviorement. I'm simply saying its not a need.
And i disagree. Obviously, your priorities are different from mine. You may choose to have no interior at all, thats fine with me, but for more practical minded people, a good interior is a must. Imo, a good interior is composed of the following: Good quality cloth or leather seats, easily accesible stereo system, climate control, easily accesible rear seats, plenty of headroom, shoulder room, leg room. These are all the qualities necessary in a daily driver car. I think the 3 cars at hand provide these very well, with the lexus offering even more features. The difference appears when driving the cars, simple bumps jerk the driver and passengers in the STi and even more so in the Evo. These cars are geared for high performance, but it is nice to have a touch of civility in a car for many buyers who wont track as much, and here the STi reigns supreme.

But you say you ignore the classification of cars, wich CAN NOT be ignored. You can't put a Cavalier in the same category as a GS300 and compare them. So when you look at Sport Compacts you expect their "driveablilty" to be diminished from that of a Luxery Sedan.
Very true, but that doesnt mean Sport Compacts need to have rock-like driveability. Sport compacts include cars like the RSX, Focus, Celica, Integra, etc. are based off of economical compact cars, and thus very useful for people who like a little punch but the RSX offers leather and many other amenities. This is more than enough "luxury" offered by this car. Also, im not so sure the Evo and STi fall into this category. They are more of sport/performance sedans.

Thats is why everyone here you claim to have "mag raced" opinions
Mag race b/c most have never driven either of the cars and simply rely on magazines for an opinion. Also, some people forget that handling is unnecessary when drag racing.

,because these are sports cars
Sport sedans, not that that makes much of a difference

...not luxury sedans. If you wan't driveability go buy a LS Lexus.
That is well beyond most people's price range. I see you conveniently forgot about the low prices offered up by the 3 cars in comparison.

This guy has a money issues so when you say mods brought into the picture No DICE.. The 4G63 is probably one of the most powerful 4 bangaz.
Obviously if money is a factor, than the 4g has more to offer. But think about it, if you had the opportunity to have a 2jz, you would take it. Money isnt that hard to come by, especially when you are young and have a stable job. Also, i would never buy a used Evo anyway. The way most Evo buyers absolutely thrash their cars is sickening. I wouldnt want a highly abused car whose clutch was replaced 10 times, with a crappy tranny from all those launches when draging.

And AWD, wich no matter how you put it makes the Evo better than the RWD IS anyday,
This is debatable

will give the Evo the upperhand no matter what. Fully modded out the Evo will beat the IS300 on da drag and track(While the rearwheels spin on the IS the Evo would have been taken off)
Fully modded IS will absolutely destroy a fully modded Evo in a drag (not the 1/4 ofcourse), the evo will lose once speeds are 100+. In this case RWD>AWD

. Shoot the only thing the IS300 can do that the Evo can't do is Drift and I take that back you can make an AWD Evo into a RWD. So anything the IS can do the Evo can do just as good if not better.
See my explanation above

Except produce less cabin noise :( . But when you think of the cost of a Evo to an IS when money is an issue(wich it is) the Evo comes out on top. In upgrades, in insurance(yes it cost more to insure a Lexus, its a Lexus man! :laughing:), and in ability to be fixed.
The cars cost about the same to buy new, but nothing can make up for lexus' customer service, residual value, and build quality, all or most of which the Evo is very poor. all of my allegations are supported by firms that analyze these facts. the information is obtainable at http://cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=&srv=parser&act=display&tf=/advice/be stworst/bestworst_index.tmpl

Haha, you called the Evo impracticle for street driving because the steering is too touchy? That same reason makes the STi(wich handles great) lesser in steering quality than the Evo.
I have said that before in my posts. There is no doubt about that that.

Touchy steering is a must.
Not on the highway or city streets, it just gets ****ing annoying very very quickly
Rule of thumb when buying a car, if you have more than 1-2 inches of play in the steeringwheel where the wheels don't turn thats not driveability thats loose steering. thats why we drive with both hands and keep the steeringwheel movement to a minimum but I suppose on your long drives your knees will prove more efficient(we've all been there man). Then again who goes on long drives with manual cars? I don't know about you but if I gotta shift and clutch a damn near 100+ mile drive I won't be happy camper :evil: . And if you don't buy the IS in manual you're defeating the purpose of having a sport compact just save your money and buy a GS300 or something similar.
I frequently visit is300.net, and many people buy e-shift ISs.

The STi is a rally car and its very good at that but not better than the Evo becuase its handling is slightly loose. When I drove my buddies STi I instantly went into a parking lot to spin the hell outta that beast, I sucessfully did it but I was unable to complelty pull out of the spin because of the handling. In the evo I sneezed and the car turned I was able to manuever the Evo slightly better than the STi.
Exactly why the Evo is too touchy for me. But to each his own

The STi has comparable performance to the Evo and the interior of the Subie just slams the Evo(what the hell was mitsubishi thinking).
Once again, debatable. People vouch for either side, but its hard to go wrong with recros. Performance wise, the STi owns at the drag strip. Stock for stock ofcourse. Twisties go to Evo no doubt.

But for a money issue go with the Evo if you have deep pockets go with the IS300, but be warned if you buy an IS300 just barley paying for it, you won't have the money for upgrades. Mitsubishi is cheap and fast... Haha bring in big brother internals from the Supra not fair. How about we go get our friend Mr. 3000GT VR-4 TwinTurbo AWD to step in the Supras ass.. Even you have to admit when money is an issue the Evo is the way to go...
Thats why id rather save and go the in-between route. Im not against the Evo, it looks better than the STi and it has an enviable after-market. I just dont want such a pure performance car, a more diluted STi fits my liking. But i agree, Evo is extremely good for cheap performance upgrades.

posted by  importluva

Again there you go, you are manipulating the definition of a "MUST HAVE". I'm not talking opinions or what you think you need. I mean the flat out definition. I don't care how much you argue this one, the flat out defenition is a dire need for the car to run. No handling when you drag race :screwy: ?!? Handling the car is a very important thing in a drag race, because of the speeds you are moving at one wrong jutter of the steeringwheel could send you into the next lane(trust me I know). Very dangerous. Haha Evo and IS on a 1/8th? Lets not even bother 1/4rth is all that counts. I'm sorry no matter how you put it a loose steeringwheel is just that..loose, loose is'nt good. Your car should be very tight, Long drives or short(again the two hands theory :) ). Expecially in racing, wich is exactly why I think the Evo handles a tiny bit better than a Subaru. Because the subarus have about a tiny bit of play in the steering...Sure its nice to let the steeringwheel just roll on its own while you drive straight, but thats not what the hell these cars are for. Its an Imprezza and Evo man. You try sittin in the back of these for a long ass trip, I garauntee you and you pants buddies won't be happy campers...They are rally/race cars lets stick to their natural enviorment please. We can't expect whales to walk on land now can we? :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

Again there you go, you are manipulating the definition of a "MUST HAVE". I'm not talking opinions or what you think you need. I mean the flat out definition. I don't care how much you argue this one, the flat out defenition is a dire need for the car to run.
I have no clue where you are trying to go with this one???

No handling when you drag race :screwy: ?!? Handling the car is a very important thing in a drag race, because of the speeds you are moving at one wrong jutter of the steeringwheel could send you into the next lane(trust me I know). Very dangerous.
If one cant hold the steering wheel steady, then one can't drive for shit. Drag racing requires no handling skills, just the ability to step on clutch and accelerator at the right times.

Haha Evo and IS on a 1/8th? Lets not even bother 1/4rth is all that counts.
Again, im lost here. ???

I'm sorry no matter how you put it a loose steeringwheel is just that..loose, loose is'nt good. Your car should be very tight, Long drives or short(again the two hands theory :) ).
I have argued enough on this topic. If you can live with it, good for you.

Expecially in racing, wich is exactly why I think the Evo handles a tiny bit better than a Subaru.
Im sure it handles significantly better than the subaru, no doubt.

Because the subarus have about a tiny bit of play in the steering...Sure its nice to let the steeringwheel just roll on its own while you drive straight, but thats not what the hell these cars are for. Its an Imprezza and Evo man. You try sittin in the back of these for a long ass trip, I garauntee you and you pants buddies won't be happy campers...
Yes, but some of us are not rich enough to own multiple cars. One car must have the ability to do it all, and in the case of Evo vs STi, STi wins in this category.

They are rally/race cars lets stick to their natural enviorment please. We can't expect whales to walk on land now can we?
Their natural environment is offroad, but how many people would actually want to take these cars to rally races? They are much too precious for that i think, and most will remain on paved roads for the majority of their lives.

posted by  importluva

You must never have drag raced before? Because holding the steeringwheel straight is not all that there is. Sometimes you car has a tendancy to veer to the left or right(god knows why) you must compensate and it kinda feels like fighting the car..Wich we all know is a hard thing to do. Not to mention shifitng and clutching at the right RPMS. Blah blah you can go on and on about people not being rich in wich case you should'nt be buying a STi or an Evo for that matter...If you're going to buy a race car to drive on da streets save your money and time go buy a Camry, and I don't care about that "extra punch" you may need. You don't buy basketball shoes to cross train in. A majority of the people the buy Evos and STi's will probably race them or street race them be it young teens or younger men. That why they have the Lancer base model and the WRX base model. For those people who don't need the car for "racing" Wich is exactly why the Lancer is a hearty race car, Cause thats what it is. The Imprezza has enough damn models and should'nt be trying to make the STi best of both worlds. The STi and Evo are race cars the WRX and Lancer are daily drivers. If you're gonna buy an STi or and Evo don't expect to drive like an BMW745iL or something. It is what it is, and I don't care about people having one car to do it all. Go on and on all you want, the STi is a Race/Rally car same with he Evo, if you wan't driveablilty thats why they have Lancers and WRX's simple enough said and if you're looking for driveability in a race car well.. you're just stupid. Yeah I said it! I don't see people in convertible Corvettes Z06's complaining about the "noisy" air.. :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

damn u people..... still bitching about the whole STi, Evo, and IS thing, when the guy never even mentioned the STi to begin with :P

u guys steered off WAYYYYYYYYYY too much from the topic this time around in this war. the guy wants a daily driver that can have its mods.

daily driver = reliable and comfortable car

the obvious choice is the IS, theres just no arguing about it at all. if he ever feels like cutting through traffic, HEY, he can just simply mod the damn car. its like having a luxury edition of the Supra, thats it.

posted by  Inygknok

Haha everything with you has to do witha a Supra does'nt it? I'l tell that guy straight out, he won't be able to afford the mods to an IS if he has to buy a used one in the first place. The IS may be the better option, but when money is involved (wich it is) the Evo is the way to go. Subie boy over there just likes to bring up STi(wich is the same car he called a pos in some thread a while back)

posted by  DSMer

im obsessed with Supras ffs :P :mrgreen:

if u dont like it
BLOW ME! :fu:

PS: hehehehehe! :mrgreen: :smoke:

posted by  Inygknok

Right, I don't think its good to have an obsession over such a car...not even worht it. If you're going to obsess let it be something good like a F50 Enzo, or a Maybach. Straight 6 with a dual turbo, been done and perfected by Nissan. Cause we all know Nissan is where the real potential is at :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

im obsessed with a car that i can actually afford....... who says 2jz's aint dream engines? they r to me. im not all into yeeeeeeehaw cars n such.... its fine just borrowing them from my old boss :P

posted by  Inygknok

Fair enough..

posted by  DSMer

Yes, its amazing how one can have a change in tastes, although i dont recall having ever called it a POS. But anyways, this argument is useless and ive had enough fun. Time to move on.

posted by  importluva

You fickle mortal you :laughing: . Haha, yeah I don't think you called the Subie a pos you called the DSM a pos wich caught my attention, then you called the Subie ugly and weak or something along those lines. And if you think DSM's are pos's you've got another thing coming! :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

yea, i initially didnt like the looks of the STi or the Evo, but its amazing how they grow on you. About DSMs, i realize there are many that do their job very well, but in my area, such is not the case.

posted by  importluva

Yeah thats pretty bad but, look where you live. I don't think there are many people holding any cars down. Over here I got a friend of mine with a Talon TSI hes pusing about 500WHP and has a 10.28 @ 147MPH Quarter Mile, or something along those lines(thats all motor no nitrous). But then again I've seen some Prezzies and Evos with like 11-12 second quarter mile times.. All of these cars have great room for potential you just gotta know what you're doing.. I mean look at EvoBoy(fastest drag evo) withlike 800WHP and a 8 second quarter mile. I've never even seen an IS300 with that kinda beef... However i did get to see the IGS300 or something like that was a IS300 with a GS300 I-6 engine inside of the body of a I-4 cylinder IS300. I think I have a picture I'll go find it...

posted by  DSMer

I thought all ISs have the 2jz I-6 in em.

posted by  importluva

Its the prototype IS430 It has the V8 from the GS430. Here are some specs n pics.
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Type: V8
Displacement: 4300 cc
Horsepower: 340 bhp @ ---- rpm
Torque: 300 lb-ft @ ---- rpm

Picture 1 (http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/is430.jpg)
Picture 2 (http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/is4304.jpg)
Picture 3 (http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/is43016.jpg)

posted by  DSMer

i may be mistaken, but i believe the GS series also uses the 2jz motor. they are all modified versions of the one that originally came in the supra.

EDIT: nice pics, finally the IS has enough power to compete with the M3.

EDIT2: Nvm, i guess the GS430 is different. its funny how the same motor in the prototype has more bhp than the one in the 2k4 GS430

posted by  importluva

I have no clue, umm yeah just check my post I had to edit. Man I want one of those bad boys IS430 with a V-8 in it... Woah Nelly!

posted by  DSMer

nice pics DSMer but could you try and cut the resolution down....i got told off for posting pics that huge too :laughing:

has that guy decided what car he wants now? show us some pics of your new ride buddy, love to see what you got :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

It's ok...I helped him out a little lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

thats nice of ya....help me out some time too :thumbs:

is it fun being a mod? bet is hey :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

Yeah Cliffy is my little forum guardian angel. Thanx Cliffy :thumbs: . Hmm looks like WeaponR is copying of MY evo eh?

posted by  DSMer

well for starters you copied my idea in the 1st place and you've done it again! i had 1 pic and so did you, now i have a few and so do you!

still my evo is way better! so beat it kid! :laughing:

atleast you could say thanks for the idea again :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

I keep telling you it was my idea, the pictures just did'nt load up what are you talking about. N for your information Looks ARE good. Looks is good is not good. Get it? :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

i think i started the 'its a ..... thing'! :fu: but this new sig, i just did it, onestly i never knew you had it like this! any way lets not argue over it shall we? we'll be making fools out of ourselves :wink2:

errr NO, i don't

care to explain?

posted by  WeaponR

You sig is gramaticly incorrect. Speed is the key, Looks ARE just a bonus. Looks can never be is, because "is" is for singular words. So it should read Speed is the key, Looks are just a bonus. :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

:banghead: Thank you very much DSMer :thumbs:

hope your enjoyin' my new sig :laughing: the video tape would have to be on the top shelf indeed :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

Right this thread is dead. Evo8 thats my final word.

posted by  DSMer

Evo VIII, my final word! :wink2:

could the person who started of the thread please tell us what he reckons now?

posted by  WeaponR

btw DSMer, its GRAMMATICALLY, not gramaticly :P

posted by  Inygknok

well spotted :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

I'm fully aware of that. I don't need your correction. Mr. "its"(it is it's BTW).

posted by  DSMer

i know its "it's", but i typo on purpose

notice how i type "n" instead of "and", i only bother typing with full correct spelling when im in class

n yea, its "I'm", not "im"

posted by  Inygknok

WILL YOU 2 BOYS CARM IT!

you might end up snappin' each others heads off :laughing: this is a car forum, not a english classroom! so it dnt r'ly matta ow u typ so lng sum 1 can undrstnd it :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

Well he started it...

posted by  DSMer

does it really matter? i don't think it does so why don't you, since you do sound grown up, just leave it out. both of you, go have a :smoke: even if it is bad for you :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

sorry guys, i couldnt answer soon enough. Exams :wink2: Gotta CRAM!!! haha Anyways, ive decided on the Evo, hoping for the MR version. (The one in my signature) IS300 is nice, but it lacks the performance, i know, i know it has the 2jz motor. I rather have the 4g63 motor, responds better to mods as well. The MR version is the j-spec evo, with 300hp, E-ACD, front helical LSD, and rear LSD. Also equipped with aluminum roof panel and forged alloy BBS rims. Too bad it retails at 33,000 USD :(

posted by  aerith

NICE CHOICE!! :thumbs:

could you get hold of the MR FQ-340? thats the best Evo yet!!

take a look...

Engine: In-line 4-cyl, 1997cc, 16v, turbo
Max power: 345bhp @ 6800rpm
Max torque: 320lb ft @ 5000rpm
0-60mph: 4.4sec (claimed)
Top speed: 157mph (limited)

this is the introduction paragrapnh of the magazine....btw, its on about the MR FQ-340

i'll answer the very obvious question first. Yes, the most potent Evo MR is chuffing fast. It piles on speed so relentlessly that by the time you've got to fifth on your first rush up the 'box, you're wondering if it would just keep on charging forward if it had seven or eight speeds. It's not spiky power, either -from around 3500 to 7500rpm the push is strong, clean and consistent, and the ramp up to full boost is rapid yet progressive.

posted by  WeaponR

save your pennies. MR is a beast. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

More than a beast, the Evo VIII FQ-340 eats STi's for breakfast and fights GT-R's at the playground in the afternoon.. For $51,000 I'd buy it. The MR is a nice choice, but I kinda just see it as a modded Evo8. They say it has features off it intended for the Galant GTO(The have a Galant GTO? wtf? :laughing: ) Yeah now all you need are some big chrome letters that say EVOLUTION to put on the trunk. :rock:

posted by  DSMer

i know the FQ-340 is out over here but is it out in the states yet?

btw, im sure you're all with my choice right? the FQ-340 is a MONSTER (in DSMer terms, a BEAST) in the eyes of a Subaru :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

Nah, i doubt the 340 is coming here, we are lucky that even the MR is going to be released here. I am not asking for anymore. aahah

posted by  aerith

No and yes, in that order lol, just kiddin'....um, help you out with what?....GRAMMER :laughing:

Not a problem!

posted by  Cliffy

I'd say neither. Go with the STi!! :thumbs:

posted by  allroundcarguy2

Ya i'd have to agree STi is the way to go, but if your firm on the 2 it depends what you want, I personally could care less about whats faster out of the two (the evo is), so if speed is not a factor then id go with the IS because I think they're fu k c in g sick as hell, Id mod the s h it outta the IS3(toyota altezza and IS300 are basically the same car, thats were they got the idea for altezza lights for EVERY FRICKIN HONDA!). The IS3 doesnt have to much power. i think the IS3 looks better, but if your a speed junky and want a turbo charged ~280hp car that isnt bad at all then go with the evo, I just think soop'n up a luxury car is too pimp.

posted by  jzxTT

Naww, im not a big fan of the STi. The MR beats the STi in all categories to me. Performance is better, and i personally like the styling better in the Evo. The IS300 is nice, but i am not so sure about the Evo anymore. Insurance is going to be more and the IS300 is more gas efficent. Even though i prefer the AWD to RWD. Welli, we'll just have to see, if i can get my hands on a used manual IS300. Most of the used ones you find out there is Auto, and i hate Auto. AHAH

posted by  aerith

LoL i gotta stop post'n b 4 i read.. lol well anyways. THE IS300 has a 2jz???

<<<<=---------------- Didn't know that

posted by  jzxTT

Yeah, the IS3 has a 2jz, not the same one as the one used in the Supra. But i think they are similiar. Cant do the things you can do on a Supra to a IS300.

posted by  aerith

Kinda like the engine found in the 350Z and in the Maxima. Same engine differntly tuned specs and or ECU. The IS300 could probably get a swap thought. Not that anyone would want to do such a thing.

posted by  DSMer

Naw, it is not possible to swap a Supra 2jz engine into a IS3, nothing fits. You have to custom build alot of parts to put one in.

posted by  aerith

Your Message