The 2005 Lexus RX 400h...the "h" stands for "Hybrid!"

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  The 2005 Lexus RX 400h...the "h" stands for "Hybrid!"

Lexus is planning on introducing a new member of the family by this fall! :orglaugh: The world's first luxury gas-electric hybrid...the 2005 Lexus RX 400h! It's considered a SUV, but it's referred to a crossover in Japan, where it's going to be built! The RX 400h is a hybrid version of the RX 330 (The RX 300 is long-dead)! :orglaugh: The numbers "400" in the RX 400h name refers to nothing! The RX 400h will use the same 3.3 V6, which is what it was first referred to (hence the "330" in the RX 330 name)! The letter "h" refers to "Hybrid!" Toyota will also be introducing a Toyota Highlander Hybrid, which will use the exact same engine that will be used in the RX 400h! I've seen photos of both the Toyota and the Lexus, but I want to know how others think of the two as well! Actually, I'm only interested in what others think of the Lexus!!! Sorry Toyota!!! :mrgreen:

What do you like/love about the coming attraction, Lexus RX 400h?!
What do you not like/hate about it?!

Both :thumbs: positive as well as :cussing: negative comments are all very welcome! Be HONEST! 'cause I really need to know before I actually get one! :mrgreen:

If you happen to know anything else about the RX 400h, please do so and share with the world as much as you can! :thumbs: Good luck!

posted by  Cancer

Here's a good site to go to if you haven't seen one yet! Just click below and you'll be directed to edmunds.com for photos, details, specs, info, and more!

Sorry, read the rules :thumbs:

posted by  Cancer

I like that they've changed the angle of the rear glass and [the car] it's not so square anymore.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I read about that in Auto Express, I think it's supposed to be branded as a perormance off roader too :thumbs: ....an extreamly fast one :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Also, sorry for deleting that link, feel free to offer the pics in [img] tabs though, I forgot to retrieve them before deleting the link...sozzy again :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

yes, pleease... i want to see one of these new hybrid suv's

posted by  Ki2AY

i like how Cancer points out the obvious with the whole "h" thing at the end of 400h :P

posted by  Inygknok

and for that, we give him a

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/obvious.jpg

posted by  SuperJew

touche on that :mrgreen:

posted by  Inygknok

lol super jew.....your always displaying these kind of pics that suit the moment :laughing: keep them coming :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

I personally like the new Hybrid Highlander... I am going to get my mom to get one... think of it like this:
She wants a Highlander
I want a Semi-beast
The hybrid has the regular V6 (I believe) + the Electric engine... most beastly Highlander that I know of that is stock.

posted by  StiMan

post us some pics when you do, please! :thumbs:

i aint to keen on the looks though

posted by  WeaponR

Well... the hybrid doesnt come out till next year... so I can drive it when she gets it. :thumbs: (Or... it will be a while till i get pics.. :oops: )
I like the styling on it.. but that is just me I guess. :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

thats why i said 'when you do'

i've seen the pics on the net but i was thinking maybe you might add a few things to it like wheels/rims woteva lol and a cool I.C.E system

is there a chance you might?

posted by  WeaponR

Very doubtful... I mean... itll be my mom's car... so No... sorry...

posted by  StiMan

ok

no need to be sorry for nothin'....i understand :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

yes, yes...

posted by  StiMan

no, no... :laughing:

i thought most americans would have and go for a GMC or a chevy truck (SUV)....gues not..

posted by  WeaponR

...good idea. But personally i do not like Toyota's much, i much prefer honda's over toyota's. I am interested in Honda's response to his concept. Since they were he original japanese automaker to use hybrid technology, and they are the lead pioneers in that field. But i am a bit dissapointed at the 4wd system used on the Highlander, i heard the system in the MDX and the Pilot is better. Well, it is all personal preference, but the idea of a hybrid SUV is interesting. Good job toyota on being the first one to incorporate this idea into a production model. :clap:

posted by  aerith

hybrids are gonna just flood the market. There are already the prius, civic, soon to be Ford Explorer, several GM cars, Toyota's next gen supra?, highlander/rx330, and many many more.

Im not a big fan of SUVs, so i dont like the RX. (it also looks ugly and needs to be lowered imo)

posted by  importluva

My mom has sworn to never buy american again... I cant blame her... American cars just arent wat they used to be...
From my dad's old Nova, and my mom's old Malibu... to the Taurus whose accelorator (sp?) stuck to the mat with out any pressure applied... to the 2001 Town and Country that has soooo many things wrong with it I couldnt name... that I cant blame her for her choice.

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

that's a pretty cool desicion! :thumbs: i saw some pics of the Taurus which DSMer kindly posted for me.....got 1 word 4 it.....no infact this > :puke:

posted by  WeaponR

Dam i like that smilie...

posted by  StiMan

which one? the thumbs up or the puke?

posted by  WeaponR

Perhaps you should look at reviews and ratings before buying. Also, never buy a car in it's first year of production.

posted by  importluva

very wise.

i don't think most people do that though. they just want to be the first do drive it out the showroom :banghead:

posted by  WeaponR

Well, there were many who pre-ordered the Z when it first came out w/o test drives or anything. Soon enough, they had tire feathering problems, which nissan has since fixed. The 2004 Zs dont seem to have this problem. This is but just one example, im sure there are many more. Just goes to show what people will do to be the first to own a new car.

posted by  importluva

Da puke one...

posted by  StiMan

I am doing all the car work for her... I have been looking for years....
As to the first year of production: we did that with the Town and Country... we learnt from that! The Highlander has been around for a while, and the company is very trusted in my family. (I have a Camry lest we forget) Also the Lexus version comes out this year (the same model) so any sort of screw up will be on that one first. The HighlanderH has been worked on for a while, and when we buy it next year it will have been out for sometime... but thanks for your consideration!

posted by  StiMan

yeah, i know. :banghead:

posted by  WeaponR

i thought so. that tuarus is :puke: and this ugly :asshake: :laughing: and you know it too! :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

Ya ya..!

posted by  StiMan

you like the WRX on my sig STiMan?

told you i still like the Impreza. its just that right at this moment the Evo VIII MR is better!

posted by  WeaponR

Yes I do! I have been looking at it for a while, and still like it! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

it makes 384 hp with only 22 psi on street gas (no NOS) but was later on upgraded to the sickest of the packages, the ESX 740 which will get the car to run low 9's on the quarter! the ESX 740 package can also handle up to 42 psi of boost which some would say is 'out of this world'!

wot a WRX hey! :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

Most certainly!

posted by  StiMan

Your Message