What Do You Guys Think

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What Do You Guys Think

Hi to all the ricers :laughing: (american terminology hey)
i have just come across this subaru.....i couldn't believe my eyes what i was seeing.....or is it just me who hasn't seen much subaru's lol...

what i would like to know is if a subaru impreza wagon wrx has these mods done to it, what would be the power output....im not looking for bang on answers, estimates would do. please could you estimate in hp for those people that might say something in MPH :laughing:

here are the mods:
Arrow Rods,
Cosworth Pistons,
Ion Performance Garret/HKS Hybrid Turbo,
Ion Spec 4 to 1 headers and Up-pipe,
Roger Clark Motorsport 3" Ceramic Coated Down-pipe,
Scoobymania 3" Exhaust,
Bosch fuel pump,
SX fuel pressure regulator,
740cc injectors
BPM inlet tract,
K + N Air Filter,
custom airbox (by Tristan Pye),
APS FMIC,
5.2kg RCMS flywheel,
Lightened Pulleys,
Link ECU. Approx C.R 8.3:1
AP 6 Pot Brakes : 4.11 diffs (in place of standard 4.44`s),
Front and Rear LSD with up-rated centre viscuous coupling,
Standard STi ver 6 gearbox. 5 speed.
A.P Organic up-rated clutch.

there you have them.....could some one also work out the total cost.....i would say bout 15 stacks atleast (american terminology again :laughing: )

posted by  WeaponR

i don't believe this.....12 views and not even one answer! do guys even know your stuff or do you just sign on here for joke?! :cussing: obviously i don't know much but when i view a thread i try and answer the question and if i can't i alteast put my view or opinion down.

posted by  WeaponR

well, for one, try and be patient. second, that list is simply too long and unspecific to give an accurate answer. the only way to know for sure is to do a dyno.
When you modify a car, it is impossible to tell the power of the car until you do a dyno. You cant just say, this mod will give me 10hp and the other one will give me 20hp, so i now have 30hp more than what i previously had. It just doesnt work that way.
Whoever owns this car is definitely rich and serious about modifications, why dont you just ask that person for a dyno graph, unless ofcourse, that person is you. I would guess 300+whp, but i could be way off. Do a damn dyno and find out for yourself.

posted by  importluva

no, that guy isn't me....besides im only 17 and not that rich lol....i've asked the guy but all i get is find out for yourself.....his very uptight about his car.....one thing i do know is that he is running in the late 11 seconds for the quarter mile

i should try and be a little patient.....how stupid of me :ohcrap:

posted by  WeaponR

damn, high 11s is prety fast. to give a comparison, a stock STi puts about 250whp to the wheels, and very low 13s stock. so its def at 300+whp, if not more.

posted by  importluva

yep sure must be....the car just whips around the corners over here....its a wagon too so it looks real amazing on the move.....il try get sum pictures up if i can......we (I - me) just got to wait and see what the others can come up with....im sure its more than 400hp myself

posted by  WeaponR

just wait till his scooby breaks down and he tries to get his warranty from the dealer ;)

posted by  Inygknok

i could do couldn't i :wink2:

posted by  WeaponR

You call Subies scooby's? How odd. But damn high 11's is good, but you also have to take into consideration that its a wagon (wich is an icredible feat for a wagon) and that if the same thing were applied to a Prezzie 4 door would be a 10 second car. But eww.. who wants to race wagons..? Those are better for SPL and Audio Staging.

posted by  DSMer

ye, your right....who wants a wagon for racing.....well thats some of the wierd brits for yaa :laughing:
i see you changed the blue in to a blue colour now.....aint you even going to thank me for the idea? :evil:

posted by  WeaponR

Why thank you WeaponR :) , but you should check you signature becuase looks are bad. Damn 300WHP? I thought that the WRX had 300 stock, or is that the STi. Even still with all those mods and especially interals changed that Subie has gotta be pushing at least or close to 400 Ponys to propel a WRX wagon through a 1/4 mile at High 11's. I would'nt be surprised if it had even more. But yeah that thing would have to be Dynoed becuase even if a certain mod can give you an additional 30hp, without the proper tuning those extra 30 ponys could never see the light of day.

posted by  DSMer

i think you are getting the numbers confused... yea its the STi that has 300 hp stock, but thats the estimated number at the CRANK, not at the wheels (WHP = Wheel HP). sorry, kept reading ur reply and it kept looking as if u didnt understand the whole WHP concept. but that scooby should have around its 340whp..... thats my guess atleast.... should be around 400hp at the crank... just need to figure out the drivetrain power loss :P

posted by  Inygknok

the garrett hybrid turbo can add a lot of power....can it not? im also sure the cars got atleast 400 horses under the hood!

posted by  WeaponR

No I understand the idea if WHP and HP at the crank. Its not rocket science man :wink2: . Yeah the Garret Hybrid turbo could add a significant ammout of "WHP" to any vehilcle. But without the proper supporting mods to allow that turbo to be used, you would see little or no gain. In this case he has the higher flowing downpipes, fuel pump, and injectors so that should be feeding that turbo sufficiently.

posted by  DSMer

it depends on how much air it can flow into the engine..... kinda forgot the mathematical formula i was once taught to check out how much actual hp u could get out of a turbo..... still, scoobys werent made to be power machines, just pretty much beasts at acceleration and handling (rally handling to be exact). also, wat tires is the guy using? conditions of the track?

n another thing im sure of, all of those parts must have cost more than just $15k, dont forget machine work and labor.

used restored and upgraded cars > new modded cars :P

posted by  Inygknok

i dont know how you came to that conclusion. the weight difference between the wagon and the sedan is negligible, check the facts (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/features.jsp?destURL=features.jsp&year=200 4&makeid=45&modelid=408&myid=4878&superTrim=&acode=USB40SUC042B0&logtype=7& aff=national), not to mention the same drag coefficient.
Also, you'd be surprised about how many people modify their wrx wagons for racing. All subjective ofcourse.

posted by  importluva

Damn you're everywhere.. Umm drag coeficients pfft.. I could care less about that. The Van weights more thus making it push 11's quite amusing to me. N racing wagons? I would'nt be surprised by the ammount of people rather them actually drag racing a wagon. Like what do you have to pick up groceries after the race :laughing: ? I came to the simple conclusion of power to weight ratio. I figure a wagon wich weighs a considerable ammount more than a sedan has to be pretty damn powerful to do 11seconds on a quarter mile. So the same engine in a smaller car has to be going faster by just logically thinking..

posted by  DSMer

yeah....i see your point

why isn't any one coming out with an answer as to how much hp the damn thing has...we've touched the 400 mark but then again i don't believe its 400hp.....must have more than that surely

i think i'll try asking the guy once more and see if i can get a proper answer out of him and get a few pictures of the 'wagon' for you guys......wish me luck guys! :smoke:

posted by  WeaponR

haha, yea, ive got nothing to do this summer so you get to put up with me :mrgreen:
if you check my previous post, the word facts is underlineded b/c it is a link. click it and see for yourself. the weight difference is less than 50lbs. the wagon actually weighs less.
you may be right about the sedan being faster than the wagon, but its not b/c of weight.

posted by  importluva

How the F*** could that be possible? The wagon weighs less? Thats completly out of my mind, would YOU care to explain :)

posted by  DSMer

this is like the Acura guys give themselves credit for their NSX.....

"It's like a Ferrari, but engineered by people who went to college"

posted by  Inygknok

i wish i could, but i am equally clueless. :oops:

posted by  importluva

GOT IT GUYS!

have a look!

585 BHP @ 6933 RPM and 464 ft/lbs

amazing or what?

here's the wagon.....
http://www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000/Sideview.jpg

posted by  WeaponR

Yuc, I hate those versions...and I cant imagine they weigh alot more than the Saloon/Coupe versions either :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

i always spell yuc with a 'K' :ohcrap:

well for high 11's in the quarter mile, that car surely can't weight alot

posted by  WeaponR

I always spell 'weigh' without the 't' lol

And yes, it's one heck of an estate car....some argue that it is a hatchback though (although it's actually called a wagon)...I'll stick with estate though :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

looks like your teachers need a slap each lol imagine you havin' that question in who wants to be a millionare......u gonna av 2 fone a frend lol (me) :wink2: but then agen mayb not :laughing:

estate? errrmm not so sure about that lol its a WAGON! :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

Dunno about you all but i think that car looks like sex on wheels. Shes a beauty. And with those numbers, she's screamin sleeper.

posted by  importluva

C'mon, don't give us a piece of your dirty mind :laughing: :joking:

it is a nice car. looks like my sig has the perfect caption for it :thumbs:
the clean look is adorable, wouldn't you think so?

atleast we know what the numbers are on it now hey, a whoppin' 585 BHP!

posted by  WeaponR

No, Wagon=Estate, just like Sedan=Saloon...ya gettin' me? lol..btw, nice sig mate! :thumbs: :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah i do! what i was tryin' to say was that the word 'wagon' sounds cooler....don't you fink?

'yo wa u sayin bout ma wagon man?!'
'ur wagon?! :puke: '

imagine that :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

odd..... so much power transferred to the wheels n the car only pulls high 11's..... theres another guy in Puerto Rico with my same Supra, n he puts out around 620 rwhp (gotta ask him again), and he manages high 10's with almost no traction (the wheels would squeel even in 4th gear).

i honestly thought the scooby would pull lower due to its AWD. even if AWD is pretty much only good for acceleration, its still enough power to drag its ass a bit faster, unless the go-go becomes a no-no halfway through the track.......

posted by  Inygknok

check this out guys! i just found this out

'New Engine and Development Project started with 2.2 CDB sleeved to 2 litres.
Projected output - Reliable 600bhp intended for everyday use.'

a think this guy should buy another motor like the supra or a skyline and start work on one of those!

i'll update with more pictures and information as i get it :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

There ya go...I've now officially helped you out too...(I deleted the double post for all who think I'm mad lol)

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message