2004 Eclipse Concpet-E

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2004 Eclipse Concpet-E

What do you guys think about this new Eclipse. Sorta of a comback for the 3rd Generation Eclipse gimme some insight..Is it gonna be loaded or just a load of crap?. Kinda looks like something that would compete with the 350Z.

Picture 1 (http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/concepte.jpg)
Picture 2 (http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/concepte9.jpg)
Picture 3 (http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/concepte20.jpg)

~*~*~*~*MORE PICTURES HERE*~*~*~*~ (http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/mitsubishiconcepte.html)

posted by  DSMer

this is ONLY a concept right? cuz i really hope it wont be the new eclipse...
WHATS WRONG WITH CAR DISIGNERS NOWADAYS!!!???

posted by  mazda6man

Dear 'o dear, what a sorry state of affairs lol :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't think it looks that bad. People thought the 350Z concept was way out of its time and now look at it. Its a beautiful looking car..kinda gotta let it grow on you like the new 5.

It has something I've never seen on any car before and thats the ability to be RWD/FWD/and AWD. Well maybe not so much the Rear-Wheel. But, it has two motors the V6 that powers the front axle and the electric E-boost motor that poweres the rear axel. When all the motors are running its an AWD car, but when the electric motot stops its all front, prettycool eh?

posted by  DSMer

isnt the point of the whole electric thing is to keep the electric motor running all the time instead of the V6?

else..... geez.... u wouldnt really be economizing any fuel, just boosting the rear wheels some more with an electric engine, kinda like those new electric SC's. im sure its vice versa, like the Prius, the electric motor moves the car all the way up to a cetain speed, then the normal engine kicks in for a bit more go-go.

posted by  Inygknok

No the electric motor operates all of the time, I think... That would kinda defeat the purpose of the car being AWD. With both motors pushing 470HP combined..with the 3.8L V6 in the from pusing 270 and the E-Boost giving an additional 200 to the Rear wheels..

posted by  DSMer

i really think all the designers are on the white stuff onestly!

looks like a frog! what do you think cliffy? lol

thanks DSMer, i got to bookmark fast-autos.net :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

That's what I think :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

:laughing: ok :smoke:

posted by  WeaponR

that is damn ugly

posted by  soljahx

don't think you're the only one who thinks that!

posted by  WeaponR

Meh. The car looks prety bad, but the concept of two engines working that way is new to me.
Also, i wonder if mitsubishi has the financial resources to make this a production car (after a few modifications, ofcourse). Either way, its an interesting topic.
PS. That interior looks interesting. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

i had to give it another look! lol

have to admit, its beginin' to grow on me

just take a look at this. the way the hoods open, WOW!.....wonder who will be copyin' that hey :oops: :laughing:

Picture 1 (http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/concepte13.html)

470 BHP is pretty sweet too!

posted by  WeaponR

im used to the car since i saw it some months ago in an issue of 2NR....... so i kinda got used to it after looking at it for 3 weeks.

im not all up for this new tech stuff. i always preferred old school stuff, like 89 and back. but well, helping mother nature is a great idea, even if it means us having to adapt and somehow integrate this new crazy ideas into our stubborn heads, but its worth it in the long run i guess.

yet, i honestly doubt that mitsubishi will pull this project off..... i somehow get the feeling that the car will not be in a too comfortable price range..... and the reliability factor is something to be questioned strongly.

posted by  Inygknok

Yeah man I completly agree the new engine for two different axles is very interesting and the interior has alot to offer. But again as I said, thats what everyone thought about the 350Z concept. Look at the Z33 now, the cars are going to have a more rounded approach to them.. Its a beatuy cmon guys let it grow on yah..

Can't say I don't agree here, if the price range is over 40,000..then this Eclipse would'nt even be an Eclipse. But then again this is a 1,000,000 prototype just to hype of the "4rth Generation of Eclipse's" I'd assume the 4G eclipse will live up to the dual engine technology if not a later model of mitsubishi. Even if the car is ugly, you gotta hand it to mitsu for the dual engine on individual axel technology.

posted by  DSMer

Whatsup with the all-glass top? Is there some safety issues with that?

posted by  Fedorov91

Oh you mean like flying out the roof of your car at 100MPH... Dats what they have seat belts for man.. I have no idea what you'll do if the car rolls over. I guess if you are that bad to where you can roll over an AWD car you don't need to be in one.

posted by  DSMer

Under the picture didnt it say concept meaning it will not be release to the public. and it only show only. haha

posted by  unknown TRD

I think that there is something imperative that we must keep in mind- concept cars often look quite different than what comes to production. Though Mitsubishi stated that this concept is about 80% of what the new Eclipse will be, one must question what that 20% consists of- that could be the sheetmetal on the outside for all we know. So I wouldn't bet the children on this design- Mitsubishi in these days of financial strife can't afford for the Eclipse to be a bomb, and so I'd hope that they play it safe.

posted by  Patrick

Seriously, I ask me the same over an over again. On the other hand a concept car is generally made to test a concept, that also means reactions in the public. (Paris Motor Show is coming soon)
It's hard for designers to create somethign new and beautiful at the same time, especially to target a broader range of potential clients. At least the management of a major carmaker doesn't always have a clue about a good styling (IMO), so they decide to prove such designs for public release. But finally the customers have the last word, if not - the marketing department/PR can "shape" the customers opinion a little bit...

posted by  lutz

pretty weird looking and advanced looking for me im in to cars 69 and back.. lol but hell its 2004 now and were living in the future and the cars are only going to keep getting more weird looking.. but hell i would drive it..lol

posted by  351ci-mustang

:fu: HEY THERE DSMER, I DONT THINK THAT YOUR BLK ECLIPSE BASED ON THE PICS SHOWN RUNS AN 8.76 OR EVEN A 9 SEC 1/4 MI. 1ST OFF YOU DONT EVEN HAVE AN EQUAL LENGTH TURBO MANIFOLD, IT LOOKS TO BE A MORE SOPHISTICATED VERSION OF A LOG MANIFOLD. YOUR INTRCLR IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO COOL ENOUGH AIR TO SUPPORT THE KIND OF POWER OR BOOST YOU WOULD HAVE TO MAKE TO RUN HIGH 8'S! :screwy: THER MAY BE NOS BUT I DIDNT STUDY THE ENGINE BAY ENOUGH TO FIND THE SOLENOIDS. IT TOOK STEPHEN PAPADAKIS A HELL OF ALOT MORE THAN YOU GOT TO RUN 8.12 WIHT BACKING FROM SPONSER LIKE AEM AND DRIVERFX. HE WAS RUNNING METHANOL WITH 8 1600CC INJECTORS AND A CUSTOM TRIM GREDDY T88-HD. YOUR TURBO CANNOT SUPPORT THAT TYPE OF BOOST AND IM SURE YOUR FUEL SYSTEM WOULD NOT BE UP TO THAT TASK. FURTHER MORE YOU NEED A BAD ASS IGNTION AND ENGINE MANAGEMENT, WHAT ARE YOU RUNNIN, AN MSD 6AL(NOT GONNA BE ENOUGH). YOUD NEED MOTEC/ELECTROMOTIVE. ILL BUY THAT YOU CAN RUN 10'S MAYBE OR 11'S. THAT IS NOT UNHEARD OF FOR STREET LEGAL CARS. I HAVE A B13 SENTRA THAT RUNS MID-HIGH ELEVENS ON VERY STICKY STREET TIRES AND HIGH 10'S ON SLICKS. THIS CLAIM OF 8.76 IS RIDICULOUS. THE TITAN MOTORSPORTS SUPRA WITH 900++HP RUNS HIGH8'S-LOW9'S IN DOT SLICKS. MY E-MAIL IS jjfroio@aol.com. plz reply on this forum, or e-mail with a return addrs if necessary.

posted by  b13se-rt

Wow you just earned the CAPTARD Dumb-ass award of the week. The DSM pictured isn't his Talon you tard (and it's not even black). It's John Shepherd's Talon in which his fastest time in it IS 8.769. He competes regularly in the import drags, and runs around 1000hp in his streetable Talon (read an article in which he said he does drive it around town on occasion). Still don't believe it? www.shepracing.com

Man some people can be REALLY asinine. :tard:

posted by  thunderbird1100

Refer to HERE (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=6333) for my response.

Its not black? Damn I must be going color blind. Woah 1000HP? I think hes running somwhere in the numbers of 820-900 AWHP. He may have hit the 1000AWHP mark though... ?

posted by  DSMer

The article I read (which was many many months back) just said 'around 1000hp' - I guess referring to crank. And yes, it's not 'black'. Has a purple tint to it.

posted by  thunderbird1100

He was at 667Hp when he ran 9's. There is no ways hes even near 1000. The cars not black, its just to lighting. I don't know how any article could justify 1000 at the crank. He has'nt had it dynoed since he ran 9's.

posted by  DSMer

Your Message