wrx?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  wrx?

does anyone else in here own a WRX? :clap:

posted by  WRXCHIK

not yet. hopefully ill have the WRX STi in a few years.

posted by  importluva

You mean Evo, not STi.

posted by  DSMer

:read: I meant what i said.

posted by  importluva

P1 all the way!

posted by  cinqyg

You meant evo subie boy! :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

I strongly suggest you see my response in the "STi wannabe" thread.

posted by  importluva

uhhh....nope

posted by  SuperJew

....stop arguing, this STi vs Evo thing has gone on for too long. They are both great cars. The STi is slightly faster then the Evo we have here. But the Evo can put out better times, due to its suspension and its lightweigh. They are equally great cars. Anf FYI the Evo came out before the STi, so it cannot be a wannabe. If you ask any educated car enthusiast, they would answer this is a hopeless battle, it is all personal preference. But the MR is another story, i am sorry STi lovers, the MR just spanks the STi. lol :smoke:

posted by  aerith

Hehe.. Well.. u said it.

posted by  DSMer

Anf FYI the Evo came out before the STi, so it cannot be a wannabe.

WTF? :ticking:

If you ask any educated car enthusiast, they would answer this is a hopeless battle, it is all personal preference.

Finally, something we can agree on.

posted by  importluva

i personally like the STI better than the evo, but like someone mentioned, its personal preference STi is prettier :wink2:

posted by  WRXCHIK

Haha pretty can't get you everywhere, but the STi is a nicer looking car. The new Evo front ends look like something that could be compared to that of a bird beak.

posted by  DSMer

how old are you? do you have any like-minded sisters, preferable 16-18 years of age? are you/they single? :hi: :orglaugh: :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

well maybe prettier cant get you anywhere but the STI surely can. I am 21, no sisters like me. Sorry not single. My boyfriend has a blue WRX, planning on getting an STI in a few months :wink2:

posted by  WRXCHIK

16-18. Importluva you're that young? Talking like you do I would have expected you to be somwhere like 21 ish...

posted by  DSMer

its all in good fun. The STi is an excellent choice. You are now one of my fav members here and you get a two thumbs up :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

I agree that the Evo's have been getting uglier. I prefer the old Evo V and VI much more. But that is an impossible dream for me, since the stupid laws here in Canada are so strict. THe current Evo's are the only ones i am ever going to own or see.

posted by  aerith

Surprise surprise? Yea, ill be 18 this july 11 (college freshie this august)

posted by  importluva

wow, so young. Get your first car yet?

posted by  aerith

yea, i wish. No, im saving my pennies to pay for insanely high college tuition. Using my dad's car in the meantime.

posted by  importluva

i actually think the opposite. i love the design of the MR in your sig, save for the altezzas. i think it looks better than the STi, but i much prefer the other characteristics of the STi over those of the Evo.

posted by  importluva

Damn I'll be 17 in July.... Yeah thats good school is always a good thing. What are you going to major in? (Using your parents car is great you never have to pay for gas)

I've still got 2 more years until college.. I plan on Buying an RX-7 before I do get off to college...

posted by  DSMer

Doin Electrical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology (possibly even a double major in mechanical engineering, im not sure yet).

And yes, borrowing their car is free and useful :wink2:

posted by  importluva

Whats up with the electrical engineering. Cmon man we need more Automotive Engineers, you see that commercial with the new WRX. That could be you instead of those guys in the commercial. That could be YOU, making the next new Imprezza. What the hell is electrical engineering btw?

posted by  DSMer

engineering/designing electronics. the field itself is simply too broad, i will eventually choose a subdivision of EE for my career. i chose the mechanical engineering for the cars, hopefully there is a division in ME that deals with cars. Then i can join Shiv at Vishnu Tuning and make a name for my self :mrgreen:

posted by  importluva

awww, i had expected u lot to study mechanical engineering like meh. im 19 but im starting my first year of college in late august (i failed 9th grade for being rebellious wooohoo!). im gonna miss high school, it was so fun throwing pepsi cans at the ceiling fans and bugging all the teachers and spending afternoons with the school staff :D

posted by  Inygknok

Thats cool Vishnu tuning? Sounds kinda Indian... I'm busting my ass in HS to get good scholarships so I can become a Automotive Engineer possibly work for a major car company or even something like STi or RalliArt... Its a passion...and I MUST do it for a living...

posted by  DSMer

ah yes, the good ol days of being carefree and rash. time to move on i guess :ohcrap:

posted by  importluva

Yea, the CEO is Shiv Pathak, im assuming he's an indian. Im pretty sure his company tunes Evos and STis, among others. He is a subject of constant debate over at nasioc.

And i understand your compassion for cars. Ive had it my whole life. Thats why im so eager to do ME in school.

posted by  importluva

Yeah they tune Evo's/STi's/911's/and Miatas. All wich would be in my perfect garage. Miatat would be all black with chrome everywhere to protect my masculinity.. :smoke:

posted by  DSMer

I want a STI... does that count as having one?

No.

O.... ok... :oops:

posted by  StiMan

This thread has become more like "let's learn more about Importluva and DSMer" than "wrx?" hah. I have to say WRX is a nice car but I have to support the Evo. Why? I'm not sure, the Evo is ugly and blocky but I've always respected its power and performance. For the WRX, STi dominates the WRC. But only second to the Kia Soreno or whatever thats ripping on WRX with it's rice ball kit.

posted by  zipper

Hey, Zipper man, no offense, but get your facts straight first. The WRX has never won the WRC championship title before. The car owning the Evo is the Peugeot 206, i think. Its owning everything. And Mitsubishi did not even participate one of the last years. But, Rally racing is half the driver, so you cant jus blame the cars. If only Mitsubishi brought back the Evo VI, they would have a bigger chance at taking the title again. And take back Tommi Makinen!!!

posted by  aerith

Srry my bad, I'm not that familiar with WRC. People are so hyped about how good the WRX is for dirt racing.

posted by  zipper

well im sorry about going OT, BUT, you also didnt answer the original question by WRXCHIK :wink2:

posted by  importluva

Man.... dude... The WRX has won WRC Championships.... you are a... mods no need to censor... but you are MISINFORMED!

Subaru WRC Wins: (wrc.com)
Currently: 50 pts (3rd place) team, 38 pts (2nd place) Petter
2003: Petter gets driver title
2002: 2 Wins in Britain and Monte Carlo
2001: Burns gets the drivers title
2000: 3rd place on manufacturer's title
1999: 3 Wins, Burns gets 2nd on drivers title
1998: 2 Wins for McRae
1997: Takes 3rd Manufacturer's title
1996: Takes 2nd Manufacturer's title; McRae gets 2nd place on drivers title
1995: McRae gets drivers title; team gets 1st manufacturers title
1994: 1 Win on a Rally by MacRae
1993: McRae gets one win; Burns wins British Campionship

posted by  StiMan

I think you misunderstood me. I didnt mean they havent won a title, im sure they have won an assortment of titles. But rally stats are all depended on the driver. So, i do no think you can judge a car by the championships won. Colin McRae and Tommi Makinen, both great drivers, both of them were the winners for the Mitusbishi and Subaru titles. Depends on who can afford the better drivers. Allister McRae is decent as well :D

posted by  aerith

Haha I think thats what you meant point and clear. You should'nt really judge a car better by using WRC wins, even if the same person drove both cars on different occasions or the same day.

Besides, WRX's are not bad at all. The WRX is a great car, its just that if you like Mitsubishis you're gonna go with the Evo.

haha sorry Zipper, I was just interested because hes going to Georgia Tech, wich is the school I want to go to in 2 years.

posted by  DSMer

Well, i do not think it is as simple as choosing between Mitsu and Subaru. The Evo has a more advanced AWD system. The AYC, Front helical and Rear Mechanical LSD makes the Evo the better handler of the two. But the STi has more power, but if you put the MR against the STi. Both of them have 300hp, i would think that the MR would be the overall winner in all categories.

posted by  aerith

Again you can mull on and on about the advancments in the EvoMR or STi. Does'nt matter. There are people know the MR is better than the STi and still pick the STi. Like imporluva. Its a matter of choice man, especially when these two cars are so closley related..

posted by  DSMer

No, i think you are misunderstanding me. I am not trying to convince people to choose the MR. I am just saying that the MR is the better performer based on facts. I do not care what car anyone picks, it is just the facts im talking about.

posted by  aerith

No I'm not. I as well as everyone knows the MR would kick the STi's ass, theres no argument there. I think we've long established that fact. But again no matter wich way you put it, its user preference.

posted by  DSMer

...Ok, think of it this way then. Pretend there are no consumers, pretend there are no users or public. Just computers doing tests and checks to test the performance. That is all i am saying, nothing more, i am just saying based on fact the MR performs better. I am not saying which would sell better, or which make a better choice. Surely, you cant say that is user preference.

posted by  aerith

I've allready agreed with you that the MR is mechanicly better than the STi, theres no doubt about that. But it still is user preference.

posted by  DSMer

??? The AYC and LSDs simply distribute power between wheels and account for some handling, but the majority of the handling prowess comes from the steering...

posted by  importluva

OOO... jeez... anyone else see a trend?

I didnt misunderstand you... I proved you were wrong with exactly wat you said and meant. Learn the facts, and go from there!

In memory of the Hobo:
THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT!
:banghead:
:2cents:

posted by  StiMan

thats the only thing i understand when i read the last few replies :D

posted by  Inygknok

Haha we're so off topic I don't even know what the orginal question is. Maybe peoples should make topics that actually deal with waht the first question not just "wrx?" that could be anything!

posted by  DSMer

STi is slightly better in the times they both ran but you know i perferbably like the Sti way better i would have to agree with importluva :thumbs:

posted by  87TurboII

Stiman, you see that. We're gettin new recruits into the STi fanclub :orglaugh: :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

We should make a club!

I am president! You are VP... we must start gathering supporters!

posted by  StiMan

i could be a member! :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

sure, how bout treasurer?

posted by  importluva

Actually the AYC and the LSD does make a difference in Handling. If you look up how they work it describes how the Evo corners so sharply. They give the outside wheels more torque during turns, therefore giving the outside wheels more power and making one part of the car accelerate faster which in turn gives sharper cornering ability. At least to my knowledge, i might be wrong, i did not get this information from a certified mechanic just a driver on a course that owns an Evo, and makes a living off of it.

posted by  aerith

Fine by me!

posted by  StiMan

Your Message