2005 CRX?,Shes back!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2005 CRX?,Shes back!

While Honda thinks about reintroducing one of its most glorious models, we can't help but blurt out our full support, - this is a no-brainer, guys.

The CRX was brilliant when Honda developed it almost 20 years ago, and the tearaway combination of light and potent hasn't lost its appeal. Honda is believed to be seriously considering developing a two-seat sports car with those qualities, using its new Global Small Platform. The car, which Honda insiders are already calling the CRX, could appear in late 2004 or early 2005.

For the Japanese market, the CRX will exist in two forms: an entry-level model with a 1.0-litre DOHC VTEC triple producing appoximately 74 kW (the engine derived from the block used in Honda's Insight hybrid coupé), and a hardcore 1.6-litre DOHC four cylinder engine (also with VTEC) generating 110-115 kW. Not incredible, until you realise that the target weight for the four-cylinder coupé is said to cut under 800 kg. Put it this way - that's 200 kg less than the Mini and 175 kg lighter than an MR2.

This gives the 1.6-litre variant a tidy 7.27 kg/kW ratio in the worst case. By comparison, a 225 kW VXII SS Commodore has a kilogram-to-kilowatt ratio of 7.52. So, if Honda builds it, the little CRX will stand-out quick. Transmissions proposed are a five-speed manual for the 1.0-litre three cylinder, and a six-speed manual for the 1.6-litre. Use of Honda's CVT is said to be under study, but is not yet an official part of the programme.

The new two-seater is small, and information from Honda indicates a wheelbase in the 2250 to 2350 mm range, overall length of less than 3650 mm, width of 1690 mm and height below 1270 mm. This makes it a strictly a two-pew affair.

Honda would be FOOLISH not to make this car...

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/logo.php?picturename=albums/userp ics/10001/normal_crx_kit.jpg
http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/logo.php?picturename=albums/userp ics/10001/normal_crxart3%7E0.jpg
http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/logo.php?picturename=albums/userp ics/10001/normal_crxart2.jpg

posted by  DSMer

wow! thats so nice.. you have any information about the price in USD? well, i have nothing else to say but... :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

posted by  Ki2AY

meh. not a big fan of this car. i suppose it'll challenge the mr2.

posted by  importluva

It would whup the MR2, the CRX had a greater potential than what it allready did over 20 years ago. If it did'nt have such a piss weak honda platform to work off of and something like a 4G63 that car would be a beast.The CRX,imo, should have been a Mitsu creation.

posted by  DSMer

I would say that honda has to be one of the best engine manufaturers around, and i dont just limit that to cars. I think that you have to realise that becuase honda are so good they dont genrally have a more that you can get out of them.

posted by  cinqyg

Nah I just wanna see what potential a CRX could have with the 4G63 in it.. I think it would have been better than the greatness its allready acheived and now thats its coming back, everyone will have one.

posted by  DSMer

well, looks like the new CRX could have some potential...

i'd put in the 3.5 litre V6 if I were Honda...240hp in eh, say 2000 pounds is insane. :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

Thank god the CRX wasn't a Mitsu creation of the day. Not after we know what Mitsu did to cover up all it's problems over the last 30 years.

Sorry, even though the DSMs had some potential to be fast, and the Evo is a cool car in concept, Mitsu as a company is messed up.

Honda has a better history, and a better [i[motorsports[/i] history. the previous CRX's were great cars, and the new one could be a much more agile version of the ITR...

Now they just have to make it.

posted by  ChrisV

How you guys think that crx's were great cars will forever remain a mystery to me. :screwy: They weren't fast and they sure as hell didn't provide a comfortable ride. IMO, the crx was the ultimate piece of crap to exist on the roads during it's production run. Not to mention that they fold up like card-board boxes if your unlucky enough to get into an accident with them. Power to weight ratio is a worthless number if the car is still a slug. But hey, that's just my point of view...I'll be more than happy to spank your crx's on the streets and tracks on a regular basis. The way I look at it, the more of them are on the streets, the more punk kids I can put to shame. :thumbs:

posted by  Sick88Tbird

so in your opion whats better for the money!

posted by  cinqyg

You should probably do a lil more reading on the Rex(CRX)... The pocket rocket was probably one of hondas greatest creations for an affordable price. I'm a lil hazy on the years but in 85-90 I think it was popular to do engine swaps and you could throw in your bigger Honda Prelude or Integra engine... wich gave that lil "slug" some umph. As far as a V-6 inside of a CRX, I think it would proove far better with a DOHC Type-R engine of its own.. ITs a great car..fun, cheap, and easily modded. What more do you want? Well if you're looking for safety inside of a compact sedan, you are probably in the wrong place. Although I have see people get CRX's totaled and live to tell about it..
N this "spanking" you speak of? Some guys I know with CRX's are pulling 11,12, and low 13's. So unless your car is pushing 9-10's(wich I highly doubt) I don't think you'll be doing any spanking today, tommorow, or anytime soon for that matter. Damn all this talking makes me want one...but a JDM right hand drive... :drool:

posted by  DSMer

ok time for the Supra obsessed guy to give HIS almighty dark overlord opinion...... (PS: :screwy:)

ill start by saying, i am not the biggest Honda fan in the world AT ALL.... they r great cars and all, but they get overpraised too much, and thats a fact. sure, they got potential, but too many people think that equipping their civics with Pep Boys "performance" muffler tips (which r the equivalent of just hooking up lots of Coca Cola cans), Pep Boys "bling" rims, and boost guages connected to their asses to see how much their farts can make the boost needle jump out, is cool.

but as far as the old CRX goes.... sure, it has potential and its VERY economical, but its real power comes from engine swaps (not a big fan of those either, cuz then it would be a completely different car). i like the idea of working with the original engine of the car, its more of a challenge and u can have the honor of saying something like, "take THAT bitch, i modded my piece of shit D15 engine and i can still kick your ass (that last part only works if u do kick ass, but still)". anyone could get a Geo and throw a B18 engine in it n probaby do better (not sure if the Geo is lighter). so thats why i dont give too much credit to engine swappers. ill take the supra for an example... sure, its a heavy car n u need to make it produce alot more power so it can go down the track faster, but hey, its a challenge that pays off (DSMer, this side note is just for u, before u flame that specific line, read the word EXAMPLE, i could have used the Evo as an example but that would have just pissed u off more).

still, atleast the old CRX is decent and it moves with an engine swap, but just remember, swapping in a nicer engine makes it stop being a real CRX, its just a modded CRX then.

yet, the new one looks really damn nice, kudos to Honda on that. maybe we will see something else besides civics on teh streets for a change.

and dont be dissing rice rockets. afaik, they r the most tuneable cars atm. americans make torque-full stock cars, europeans make unaffordable supercars that can beat anyone in any sort of competition, specially luxury german cars, and asians make the most easily tuned vehicles out there. oh and the aussies....... well.... they got the crocodile hunter... i think that counts... right?

posted by  Inygknok

Dude, that was like the most biased opinion ever... Good JOB :thumbs: You went from CRX to GEO to Supra(I have no idea how that happened)... You try sitting under an oily ass car swapping an engine for 7 hours and then you tell me if you still give them credit or not...

posted by  DSMer

Very good point. I wonder what the crash ratings were for that car. Whenever a 18-wheeler passes the CRX, it would give more than a jolt im sure. Doesnt seem safe at all. It (http://edmunds.com/used/1991/honda/civiccrx/3861/safety.html?tid=edmunds.u .prices.leftsidenav..8.Honda*) had no safety features. I hope the new version improves on this, especially the side impact airbags.

posted by  importluva

My god there you go again, how could you possibly expect saftey in a compact car? If the car smashes you smash with it. Side impact airbags and a Rollcage won't save you in that kinda situation... Not a good thing to be in.

posted by  DSMer

:roll: There are many compact cars with good safety ratings, like this (http://edmunds.com/new/2004/honda/civic/100344075/safety.html?tid=edmunds. n.researchlanding.leftsidenav..11.Honda*) and this (http://edmunds.com/new/2004/toyota/echo/100344883/safety.html?tid=edmunds. n.researchlanding.leftsidenav..11.Toyota*) one.

posted by  importluva

if i got paid a quarter for every time DSMer got angry over someone's OPINION, id be richer than bill gates and donald trump combined.

anyhow, i know the hassles involved in an engine swap, but i cant give the person any credits for saying

CRX boy: hey, i got a bone stock CRX and i just beat ur stang!

Stanger: wat engine u got in there?

CRX boy: oh nuthin, just a B18C5

Stanger: oh right, "nuthin", just running a "bone stock" CRX eh?

catch my drift DSMer? or r u gonna start another riot just so u cant be wrong?

PS: wonder how mad u will get if i say "STi 0wnz Evo as bad as Mr. T bitch slapping geeks"

posted by  Inygknok

If we can't learn to discuss with a little more respect, I'll be forced to start closing these threads that are leading to arguments instead of civilized differences of opinions.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Oh when I said compact I meant err um.. something like a Cavalier, or a Mini. I mean CRX's are very tiny. I'm talking Beretta, cars that are 4 seats and still have no leg room.

posted by  DSMer

Meh whatever, its your choice... Do as you wish.. I could really care less

posted by  DSMer

It is not fair comparing a supra with a CRX. The Supra is Toyota's flagship performance vehicle. Let's see the Supra take on S2000's and NSX's. If you can show me stock supra take on a stock NSX, then i will believe you. And the supra's engine isnt so almighty and godly, it is turbo charged afer all. Take off the turbo what do you get? A 205hp piece of junk. Honda doesnt even resort to turbos. Put a turbo in a 240hp stock S2000, own your HUGE and HEAVY supra. So, do not compare cars like this, they are not even in the same league.

posted by  aerith

Let's see the Supra take on S2000's and NSX's. If you can show me stock supra take on a stock NSX, then i will believe you.
Be more specific. Are you talking about drags or Auto-x or what? If you look at the supra vs 3000gt thread, we have already explained the S2000s case. The NSX is a tough call. Exceptional handling will win it the Auto-x, but im not sure about the drag. The supra does have more hp tho.

We can argue that the NSX is a different class, its an exotic, a seriously underpowered exotic.

And the supra's engine isnt so almighty and godly, it is turbo charged afer all. Take off the turbo what do you get?
This is such a ricer/fanboi statement, its not even funny. Get over it kid, the manufacturer installed it for a reason. The supra engine, along with nearly all of its internals is one of the best.

A 205hp piece of junk. Honda doesnt even resort to turbos. Put a turbo in a 240hp stock S2000, own your HUGE and HEAVY supra. So, do not compare cars like this, they are not even in the same league.

More fanboism :roll: If you mod the S2000, then its only fair to mod the supra, and moding the supra takes it to an unreal level. So once again, get over it. The S2k will get owned in drags, and may stand a chance in auto-x. read that thread i was referring to earlier.

You are a fanboi by the book!! It cant get any worse than this, i hope.

posted by  importluva

the 2nd link links to a toyota echo, a super small sedan. it dont get much smaller than that.

posted by  importluva

Haha hes not lying.. got to a NIRA drag race. Where you will see real 10second Supras. Not that 12.2 bullcrap from "The Fast and the Furious". But you may see some extremly modded out S2K's that can take on a modded Supra. In a modded world, no car is safe from embarassment.

No they get smaller than a Toyota Echo.. Thats tiny, but its still got some beef to it... Not to mention the Toyota Echo is a fairly newer car and the CRX was made back in the mid 80's so you'll have to gimme some leeway here in technology advancments?

posted by  DSMer

Exactly. If honda can get the new CRX good crash test ratings, then it'll be a far more desirable car.

posted by  importluva

Oh the car will be desired by sport compact enthuisaist even if its a deathtrap. But I suppose the average Honda driver would find it to be cool if it had good crash test ratings and its natural Honda low MPG.

posted by  DSMer

...fanboi, haahah. First time been called that. I am talking about Auto X. And on the Drag track, a supra beat out a NSX? Are you mad. Looks like you are the fanboy. Look at the facts, superior power to weight ratio, and the NSX is a mid engine vehicle, which puts more weight in the back. And therefore giving the rear tires more grip, and better launch times. I am not talking about the performance itself, but the inginenuity. The S2000's engine is the most powerful 4 cylinder engine on this planet without going to turbo. The 4G63 comes close, but it resorts to the turbo. All i am saying is that do not compare a CRX with the Supra. The other words are just thrown in there to make a point. The S2k is a great car, such a small vehicle with so much power. I heard rumors of the S2200, with a upgraded 2.2L 4cylinder engine, and it is a hardtop finally! And one more thing the NSX is a exotic sports car, but it is the most reliable one out there. I wonder when Honda is finally going to realize that their V6 is not enough and start to research a V8. Imagine the possibilities :hi:

posted by  aerith

...fanboi, haahah. First time been called that. I am talking about Auto X. And on the Drag track, a supra beat out a NSX? Are you mad. Looks like you are the fanboy. Look at the facts, superior power to weight ratio, and the NSX is a mid engine vehicle, which puts more weight in the back. And therefore giving the rear tires more grip, and better launch times. I am not talking about the performance itself, but the inginenuity.

I agree. Many dont appreciate the NSX, simply b/c hp numbers dont add up :screwy:. But if you read my post again, i said i wasnt sure. Im not super familiar with these cars so i didnt comment on the drag situation. Im well aware of its prowess in balance, handling, tall gears, high top speed, and price. Its price is simply too high to be compared to cars less than half its price. That is my main point.

The S2000's engine is the most powerful 4 cylinder engine on this planet without going to turbo.

By revving the daylights out of its small engine,mind you.

The 4G63 comes close, but it resorts to the turbo. All i am saying is that do not compare a CRX with the Supra.

This doesn't apply to me

And one more thing the NSX is a exotic sports car, but it is the most reliable one out there. I wonder when Honda is finally going to realize that their V6 is not enough and start to research a V8. Imagine the possibilities

Agree completely. The NSX is a great car, but definitely needs some more power. A V8 wouldnt be a bad idea, or just turbo that V6.

posted by  importluva

A Honda V8? Meh theres a first time for everything, honestly I believe that the Asian imports should stay under 6 cylinders. Honda should make an I-6 and engineer a way to keep it cooler and performing at top peak so it could be comparible to that of a Nissan I-6.

posted by  DSMer

oi.... people really ENJOY just reading over the big words and not the full statement.

at NO point did i ever compare the supra to the CRX, i was just stating an example, i could have even been comparing my supra (88 model) to make it fairer, but the thing is, i was doing wat? MAKING AN EXAMPLE

ill repeat, an EXAMPLE

btw, the NSX runs fairly good 1/4's, but it doesnt match up to the faster cars such as the evo, sti, supra, rx-7, and skyline, all of which are in its own class.

its a fact that all hondas manouver well due to their lightweight bodies, but they all need to have the daylights revved out of thim as importluva says in order for them to get a move on, SPECIALLY the s2k. read the Supra vs 3000gt thread, this whole discussion is talked about over there. so i wont say anything else about that (i even wrote a small explanation on some of the cars in that category, sorry for not writing up the sti and evo, but they r in teh same class).

as for the whole supra and crx thing, AGAIN, just so nobody complains that they didnt see it, it was an EXAMPLE. in fact, the thing i was comparing was the engine swap, not the overall performance of both cars. in no moment did i ever say "oh the supra is faster blah blah blah", i was talking about the engine swap, AND ONLY THE ENGINE SWAP. clear enough? better be.

btw, i agree on the whole fanboi comment thing, the way the NSX was defended was trully a fanboi way.

posted by  Inygknok

well, im not sure about as far as Fanboy. Personally, im not even that big of a honda fan, you can obviously tell by my sig and my profile pic, that i am a evo freak. It is just that i admire the NSX, the only japanese import true exotic sports car. Well, the NSX is pretty pricy, if i lived in the states and had that much money it would go into a Skyline instead, lol. Not because its a better car(dont want to start arguments), just because it is more rare and saying "i drive a skyline" sounds much cooler. ahha

posted by  aerith

Yeah I drive a Sykline.. damn that even feels cool typing it. But umm yeah this is about the new CRX, not Skylines and Nsx's. So keep on topic buddy :) .

posted by  DSMer

Meh. Id just wait till Nissan releases a TT 350z OR puts the ATTESA-ETS into the G35c/350z. It would be cheaper and badass.

posted by  importluva

Ya I know a guy that had a CRX in high school that he fixed up. He was running the fast time on the strip for a front wheel drive car.

If its safety you are looking for....either get a volvo or drive a tank like I do :laughing:

posted by  Voda48

bet my tanks bigger than your tank :p

posted by  cinqyg

So what you driving?? And can I count my parents car?

posted by  Voda48

You can count your parents car, I drive a challenger 2 at work, we serivce the armour packs for the british army.

posted by  cinqyg

What kinds of traditional sports cars have you owned/raced/autocrossed? Where does your opinion come from? Are you thinking from a V8, drag race perspective or what? How old are you?

I'm sure, though, that just like your lack of knowledge of what race cars did with aerodynamics, your lack of knowledge about why the CRX was considered a great car is based on complete ignorance of any genre outside a very small range of interests.

I'd bet you didn't know why the original Mini Cooper was considered such a great car. And how it influenced small car design ever since. Of course, th eperformance aspects of it were not drag race oriented, btu that didnt' stop it from being one of the most influential sporting sedans of all time, even though it was originally just a simple economy car.

Well, the CRX was very nearly the ultimate development of that theme: small, lightweight, well packaged, transverse front drive 2 door sport coupe/sedan. Didn't need much power because it didn't weigh much. It was as quick as most traditional sports cars from around the world had ever been, but much more useable, in more conditions (like the Mini, but without the typical british foibles, and not based on a 1950s design). Unlike most small front drivers, it was rather agile, as was evidenced by numerous SCCA championships, both in autocross and road race. It was economical to live with, both in terms of running costs and in terms of not needing much in the way of repairs in general.

In short, it managed to combine everything traditional sports cars and sports sedans did well with everything that Japanese economy cars became known for. It was a brilliant bit of design and engineering.

http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/images/rp-blackhawk00.jpg

http://www.roadracegear.com/images/jinx4.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah the mini was one of the fisrt if not the first mass produced transverse mounted front engined designs.

Well there are still alot of origional minis over here one of the most popular upgrades seems to be adding the 1.6 VTEC engines, ironey hey! There is quite a trade in subframes for them.

posted by  cinqyg

Nah that won't happen anytime soon I think GReddy makes an aftermarket TT kit for the 350Z Engine, so Nissan should'nt proove any reason to release a Z33 witha TT unless its a Nismo X-Tune or something?

Chris prettymuch summed it up right there, so the new 2005 CRX shall have alot of wheels to fill living up to is older version. Provided that Honda creates it, wich I'm sure they will.

posted by  DSMer

I don't know... it looks an AWFUL lot like the Insight.

posted by  RX8factor

Agreed- on more than one level... Yes, importluva, you are absolutely right. Before, you stated that the car had absolutely no safety amenities... which is true... My best friend's brother had a '91 CRX... he crushed it in a wreck and rolled it. He was fortunate enough not to be crushed by the left-side pillar of the car from when it rolled.... like you said- side-curtain airbags (which may help in one such situation, but I'm not sure...). He had modded the car to an insane extent, and the only part of the car that he was able to salvage was his Momo steering wheel. And DSMer... I'm sorry- like importluva said, there are plenty of dirt-cheap sub-compacts (as you are refering to...) that are quite safe. So please- when you say unsafe compacts, you best be alluding to a stripped Kia Rio, or something of the like. Kudos to you on that one... :drool:

posted by  Patrick

I noticed that as well- the headlights and long tail look more like a cross between the Insight and an old Mazda MX-3 than they do a revamped CRX. On seeing it, I was rather dissapointed. Come on, Honda! You know how to make attractive cars! (i.e. Pilot, Prelude, S2000, RSX, TL :clap: ) What's with the ugly streak? (i.e. Insight, Element, the butt end of the new Accord :puke: ) My heart is breaking for Honda- my most beloved.... if they aren't careful, I may just have to declare Nissan my favorite company!!! :ohcrap:

posted by  Patrick

Meh, I was referring to compact cars of the CRX's time. So a Toyota Echo and Kia Rio(shoot Kia in general) were not even thought of back then.. Besides who cares? You must be pretty bored to bring back up a subject like that, and if I ever get into an accidend in compact car and get hurt I'm gonna kick your ass. :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

Nah that won't happen anytime soon I think GReddy makes an aftermarket TT kit for the 350Z Engine, so Nissan should'nt proove any reason to release a Z33 witha TT unless its a Nismo X-Tune or something?

According to 350z owners (yes, i browse nissan forums) the Z cant handle the amount of psi like say the Evo. I think it maxes out at 10psi (could be wrong) but whatever it is, its prety low and gains aint that much. The current engine simply cant handle it, or so i hear. Thats why its so important for nissan to release their own version with an updated bulletproof engine for the Z.

posted by  importluva

I assure you that the VQ35DE, with aftermarket products from Stillen/GReddy/JWT(Jim Wolf Tehcnologies)/and Nismo, can support more than 10psi. The Nissan VQ35DE(350Z Version) is a fairly new engine. Nissan needs not to remake an engine that they allready use in over 3 of its models and that has had millions of dollars into developing. Nissan owners need to shell out money to GReddy and Nismo for aditional upgrages. Of course the engine has not been proven to go above certain psi ranges, and thats because the time has not been taken to experiment on the engine. But again I assure you Nismo and Greddy are well on the job. Soon enough the VQ35DE shall pack enough punch to take on its littler brother the VG30DETT, and there is no point in comparing the 4G63 to a VQ35DE, we all know the 4G63 has incredible room for psi. No need to even state that comparison

posted by  DSMer

The maximum when it comes to boost is "tune, tune, tune." No matter what boost level you are running, a poor tune can create dangerous detonation conditions. The most important thing to consider is who is tuning the car, how good they are, and how they are tuning the car. This should be the most important part.

Assuming good tuning, advertised safe boost levels vary. As you already know, the Greddy kit comes stock at 5.6 PSI. Most people are seeing 350-370 RWHP at this boost level. If you delete the stock Greddy map on their e-manage that comes with the kit and create your own, you can push the boost higher. Some have tested 6.5 PSI with custom tuning and maps. They of course are seeing better numbers, but we do not yet know how safe this is.

As for super chargers, the two big kits (ATI and Vortech) are both pushing 7 PSI at the top end. This also seems to be safe and they are producing numbers similar to the Greddy kit. One person I know of has pushed their ATI kit to 12 PSI I believe, but he has a heavily modified fuel system, a custom ECU map, and I think upgraded rods and pistons (not sure on this last bit).

There are dished-out 8.5:1 compression pistons available. Some people are currently in the process of using these pistons with the Greddy kit, but I am not sure if they have finished tuning. In any case, with a lower compression, you theoretically can run higher boost.

At any rate, think most about how it is tuned. Start with a stock kit and the map that comes with it. Tune it in gradually and watch all your variables (exhaust temp, A/F ration, fuel pressure, etc.). What some have noticed is that the fuel pump and possibly the injectors will need to be replaced to maintain a safe tune. Also of considerable import is the ignition timing. The ATI and Greddy kits do not come with any method for tuning your timing. You may very well need to buy extra parts to control the timing. It appears to be a critical part of a good tune when boosting a 350Z.

Thanks to peptidbond at 350zmotoring for the above info.

There is no way they can push even 10psi from the Greddy TT kit, the car can't handle it. As he said, anything above the stock 5.6psi is dubious in safety.

posted by  importluva

My god, spare me with your banter. I just got through reading a 10 page magazine article about this. I think the actual manufactures would know what the hell they are talking about, seeing as that they do the testing on the engines. If they don't raise the boost they simply work with what they have. My above statments stands irreguardless to your logical or mechanical reasonings. I have no reason to lie I simply transfered from paper to computer... :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

The above is not true. Even 10 psi is not safe acc. to Greddy, thats what i proved with the quote from my previous post. You need to read properly. :banghead:

posted by  importluva

I was going off your original guestimate for 10, not my own numbers. Had you of said 12 I would have replied the same thing...its actually half and a little bit of 10. Somwhere in the arcticle it stated that they went above normal ranges(hence me saying they could do more than 10psi since you suggested it in the first place). The aftermarket performance products pushed the number to 5.5-7psi. So again as I said. The Performace products did infact raise it above by a 1/10 of a whole. Marginal, but still raised it.. besides I listed more companys than just GReddy...

posted by  DSMer

Bottom line is, for a the TT kit, 5.6 is the max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. For the supercharger, 7psi is max safe boost, anything higher is not recommended and done at own risk. The higher boost levels demand change in fuel systems, and even then, its not going to be 19psi like the evo, more like 10-12.

posted by  importluva

Thats was long and uneeded. I was'nt just talking about the TT kit, you were. I believe I listed several companys and said their "products". Not just forced induction kits. N then in the end you sit here and agree that its "more like 10-12 psi". :roll:. Is'nt that whats I stated the first time round? :screwy: ,and stating that these cars need a better fuel system to increase boost is just going along with my original statment. Again my orignial statment stands.

Even if its not safe 10psi have been acheived, does'nt matter if its proved safe or not, it still can do it with the help of such companys products..

posted by  DSMer

Thats was long and uneeded. I was'nt just talking about the TT kit, you were. I believe I listed several companys

Incl Greddy and Stillen who make kits for the Z dumbass

and said their "products". Not just forced induction kits.

F/I kits are their products dumbass. Anything other than forced induction don't achieve gains for the Z anyway dumbass. they are irrelevant.

N then in the end you sit here and agree that its "more like 10-12 psi".

That are not endorsed by the said companies and people have chose to do it at own risk dumbass. obviously these people are experienced and have made many other modifications to the car. im not talking about any other mods, just how much boost the Z can handle right out of the box dumbass

Even if its not safe 10psi have been acheived, does'nt matter if its proved safe or not, it still can do it with the help of such companys products..

Such a stupid comment dumbass. Safety is a must. You cant do crap with a blown engine, safe levels of boost must be observed dumbass. again, im only talking about the f/i, not fuel management mods/other mods.

posted by  importluva

Ever heard of an exhaust or a cold air intake, how about an intake header? Valves? Pistons? Cam gears? How about a whole myriad of performance products that don't even touch the forced induction category?.... Right No gain what so ever, and I wonder how they stay in business or even bother selling those products since they presend no gain....(This probably has to be one of your dumbest comments).

You were talking about right out the box... even if you were, we were talking about aftermarket performance. So if you're talking about a stock 350Z you're aiming in the wrong direction buddy..

Right, out the box huh, seems like you're talking about a TT kit to me? Since when do cars come in boxes? :screwy: ( No thats not an expression, it means right out the box) <- just ribbing you on dat one.

Who said anything about saftey. Z33's have been run at "unsafe" ammounts of boost. Heart surgery was considered "unsafe" before it was studied. Just because it its'nt proven to be safe to the general public does'nt mean it is'nt safe.. Irregaurdless to saftey, 10+ psi has been acheived..
And since your not talking about fuel managment maybe you should stop speaking about it, since you're not talking about it. When its obviously clear that you keep bringing fuel managment up.. Oh maybe aftermarket fuel managment is one of those things that don't give any gain to the Z33? I wonder why they even bother selling products for it?

Again as I said the Z33/350Z can and is possible of supporting 10psi. It has been done by very tallented individuals with aftermarket performance products. As I said before and will say again, it has been done and it works for those individuals. 10psi is possible and functional, wheter you condone it unsafe or some global corporation. That was my point and I did'nt even need to prove it, you did it for me..

posted by  DSMer

Ever heard of an exhaust or a cold air intake, how about an intake header? Valves? Pistons? Cam gears? How about a whole myriad of performance products that don't even touch the forced induction category?.... Right No gain what so ever, and I wonder how they stay in business or even bother selling those products since they presend no gain....(This probably has to be one of your dumbest comments).

No, its your dumbest comment. The Z has little gains from nearly all that you listed above, as i already said. The surest, cheapest, and most logical way to get hp gains in the Z is through F/I. You dont seem to know anything about this car, so stop making yourself look bad already.

You were talking about right out the box... even if you were, we were talking about aftermarket performance. So if you're talking about a stock 350Z you're aiming in the wrong direction buddy..

How stupid can one get? Im talking about no other mods besides the TT/Sc kits dumbass. W/o mods to the fuel system, the Z cant handle high psi. Thats the bottom line. Ive said this so many times already.

Who said anything about saftey. Z33's have been run at "unsafe" ammounts of boost.

I know that no mod is 100% safe, but running more psi than what the manuf. recommend is asking for danger, possibly death. Even if YOU dont consider safety important, I do. :banghead:

Arguing with you is so difficult, you always keep going off on something else.

And since your not talking about fuel managment maybe you should stop speaking about it, since you're not talking about it. When its obviously clear that you keep bringing fuel managment up.. Oh maybe aftermarket fuel managment is one of those things that don't give any gain to the Z33? I wonder why they even bother selling products for it?

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. I know fuel management is a useful mod, thats not my point. W/o considering fuel management or any other mods, the Z cant handle high psi w/ regard to safety.

Again as I said the Z33/350Z can and is possible of supporting 10psi. It has been done by very tallented individuals with aftermarket performance products. As I said before and will say again, it has been done and it works for those individuals. 10psi is possible and functional, wheter you condone it unsafe or some global corporation. That was my point and I did'nt even need to prove it, you did it for me

Whatever man, im getting sick of arguing with you. You dont understand a thing i say, you change subjects and go somewhere else, i quit :banghead:

posted by  importluva

...dont make me get out the ruler you guys... or would time out in the corner be a more prefered option

posted by  mazda6man

looks like importluva needs one of these...
http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/ChangingSubject.jpg

:laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I COME BACK TO CF AFTER A LITTLE BREAK AND WHAT DO I SEE?....DSMer DOIN' WHAT HIS GOOD AT!

sorry bro but its like what ever you say, starts a fight! keep a cool one dude (american slang agen :banghead: )

that Rex is nice btw :thumbs:

haha, wot a sig u got now! i like it :smoke:

posted by  WeaponR

Good lookin out SJ. Thanks :wink2:

WeaponR, have you taken a liking for the WRX, i see it in your sig.

posted by  importluva

you see Importluva, i like all cars, specialy asian imports! so any car which i see whether it is a Mitsu, Subaru, Honda, BMW, Dodge, woteva but the car looks great, performance is absolutely top ass and is wicked overall, deserves credit! i don't hate the WRX but when it comes face-to-face with the Evo VIII, the better car gets the credit!

the reason you see the WRX on my sig is becuase this bad-ass puppy makes 384 hp with only 22 psi on street gas (no NOS) but was later on upgraded to the sickest of the packages, the ESX 740 which will get the car to run low 9's on the quarter! the ESX 740 package can also handle up to 42 psi of boost which some would say is 'out of this world'!

that explain what a motor this WRX is? :thumbs:

posted by  WeaponR

Very nice. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

you really think so? have you come across a better one importluva? if so, send me a link or post the pics and specs on here please! and to be honest with ya, if i had the choice between a Evo VIII MR and this WRX (on my sig).....WRX!! :thumbs: like i said, the better car deserves credit!

posted by  WeaponR

Im sure there are many other WRXs with similar performance levels, ill keep a lookout and let you know if any are worth mentioning.

posted by  importluva

yeah, thanks!

i came across the STi Electra One. you ever seen it? that a limited prod. also?

posted by  WeaponR

No i have not. You have a link?

posted by  importluva

not really no, sorry :oops: i only came across bits & bats any way.

i saw it on here link (http://www.supercars.net)

if you go to google (our search friend) and type in Subaru Impreza Electra One Concept you should get some more info....i tried last time and i didn't get much though. just what i saw on the site which i've just given you. have a look any way. see what you can find

posted by  WeaponR

In japan the crx was offered with the b16 1.6 vtec, so i wouldnt see a problem with somebody swapping that in and calling it stock. Because it technicly is.

posted by  Arthur

Your Message