Mazda: is there one uncool?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mazda: is there one uncool?

If you have seen an uncool mazda, please tell me about it. I like them all :wink2:

posted by  MOPAR

I agree with you. Mazda has and still is making very nice cars.

posted by  importluva

My Mazda top 5s:

1: RX-8 :drool: :drool:
2: Miata :drool:
3: 3
4: 6
5: 626

History
1: 2004 RX-8 :drool: :drool:
2: 1990 RX-7 :drool:
3: 1997 Miata :drool:
4: 1991 Protoge
5: 1989 626

posted by  MOPAR

I have yet to see one that I dont like

posted by  archangle

My top 5 mazdas of all time:

1. Late model Rx-7
2. Miata (current model)
3. Rx-8
4. Mazda6
5. Mazda3

posted by  importluva

I'm probably going to get a lot of heat from ppl for saying this but I'm not too fond with the latest RX-7 (90 models); especially the rear. I'm also don't find the Miata, in general, all that good. It just seems too small. I like the RX-8 and the Mazda3 and 6 tho.

posted by  zipper

As long as it doesn't have a rotary. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yea, i can understand that part. I just dont like the crap fuel economy and little torque. Cant solve the fuel situation but a turbo should fix the torque.

posted by  importluva

I'm probably going to get a lot of heat from ppl for saying this but I'm not too fond with the latest RX-7 (90 models); especially the rear.

The last gen RX-7 is the best looking imo

I'm also don't find the Miata, in general, all that good. It just seems too small

Its a small roadster, its good for its purpose. Its also a very good track car. Just look at the specs on jcutsh's miata. Its a beast.

posted by  importluva

What's That supposed to mean?

posted by  87TurboII

rotary engines are certainly not good with fuel efficiency, a nightmare on reliability, especially in hot weathers, and also horrible after certain mileages.

posted by  Inygknok

The last gen RX-7 is the best looking imo
...Yeah, this is personaly preference. I find the previous version; FC 89 Savannah better looking.

posted by  aerith

I don't think I like the Mazda MPV. Does that count? :orglaugh:

posted by  MaChao

Well... it IS a minivan...

As for the rotary thats half the reason I like them. :laughing:

posted by  MOPAR

You could not have said that any better. My thoughts exactly. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

my top 5
1) 1993 - 1998 RX7
2) 2004 mazda speed Miata
3) 1991 M edition Miata
4) RX8
5) Mazda6

posted by  mazda6man

oh, check this out... roadster (miata) COUPE

http://www.mazda.co.jp/customize/roadstercoupe/
its different, but im liking it

posted by  mazda6man

haha, you can't tell me the old Mazda 323 hatchback is "cool"

posted by  rvl123

wanna bet? ...
http://www.mazdafun.com/pictures/bf%20frontside1.jpg
some came stock 4wd turbo

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/316000-316999/316494_2_fu ll.jpg
gorgeous

posted by  mazda6man

you guys are serious too....mazda cars are ugly to me lol...i like hmmm....lemme see....rx-7...nah to small looks like a girl car hmmm mazda 6 are for girls...miata for old people who wanna be "hip" umm mazda rx-8 that thing is for girls too....but this is my opinion so...

posted by  soljahx

welll...i can see the RX-8 being a girl car...one of my girl friends has one. but they're still all damn good looking... :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

what is it with people labeling cars as girlie or whatever? How does that have to do with anything?

Also, wasnt 1995 the last year of prod for the Rx-7?

posted by  importluva

[QUOTE=soljahx]miata for old people who wanna be "hip"[QUOTE]

Hah, I can definatly relate. I have a neighbor who has a 1995(?) Miata and he's like 70yrs old. It's not a pretty picture. But I have this other neighbor who's like 60 and he owns a sweet 95(?) Supra. Damn, how come all the old folks get the sweet cars? Darn those financially settled old people! :ticking:

posted by  zipper

in japan, it went on until 98

posted by  mazda6man

the GTR, Supra and RX-7 are all out of production now and have been for some time havn't they?

Mazda's are nice. the RX-7 maybe small but it's a nice and pretty fast car. i don't like the RX-8 as much and the MX-5/miata ain't that bad too.

Eunos Roadster? that's just like the MX-5 ain't it or is it just another name for it?

posted by  WeaponR

I gotcha.

posted by  importluva

yeah alot of old dudes i see be driving the mazda miata lol...shits funny...but i dont like mazda cars there ugly...the RX-7 is aighttt...i guess if you like smaller cars...everyone say i hate to much on cars but i dont like those cars....i own a 94' Supra and a 94' 3000GT so i have room to hate on cars...

posted by  soljahx

Before you criticize the miata my first question would be have you ever driven it? I'm guessing the answer is no because it is truly a great little roadster and handles like a dream. The new mazdaspeed miata not only adds power, but a stiffer suspension and better brakes. So that "chick" car could smoke many more expensive cars around a track any day of the week.

posted by  Solar

bingo! the miatas one sweet ride, my neighbor use to have the M-edition miata a few years back, sports suspeension, better tranny, the little thing was fast... it was the first car ive dont over 100 in... infact i did 135 in it. and before i stopped the nightracing scene, i watched that thing pul on preludes and other misc. hondees

posted by  mazda6man

The Mazda MX-5 and Eunos roadster are the same car except i think the eunos is imported from japan, the miatia ive never driven but a lot of people think its a hairdressers car thats generally a wannabe sport car with no power in it. I like mazdas a lot there great espically the RX-7 my mates dad from a few houses away got one n its a real beast. the 6 is a very good practical car its great for a family and cheaper and better equiped than its rivals :thumbs: why didnt Mazda make family saloons ages ago???

posted by  Lukaz

Miata's are good, but i doubt they can beat the competition in the roadster field. The competition is just too powerful, cars like the MR-S, s2000(in a whole another class) but i am comparing it to other import roadsters. Ive seen Miata's perform, they are going to scare you, especially if you know how to tune the suspension. The Miata is actually one of the easiest vehicles to drift in cause you can drift easily without touching the brake. But if were to choose between a Miata or MR-S or S2k, the obvious choice is the S2k then the MR-S. Yeah, the mazdas coming out these last couple years look great, really good styling, but the engine leaves a little to be desired for. The reliablity of the newer engines are horrible. And they are loud, really loud, ive heard a brand new Mazda 6 start up (at dealership) and my parent's 11year old honda sounds quieter. And the RX-7's rotary's reliability was horrible, and the list of aftermarket parts were significantly shorter then the normal piston engine.

posted by  aerith

That because your parents honda has no balls. Mazdas do. Anywhos yeah the RX-7 has to have the best back end on a car next to the S2k. I'm yet to see an ugly Mazda, they must have very gifted designers.

posted by  DSMer

I love RX-7s (93+), yes they have probs... but all old cars do...

I'm not a fan of the Rx-8... would of love to see that in a TT model... plus the late Rx-7 will still smoke it...

I love the mazda 6 its one of the best looking 4 door cars around...
the 3 is nice also... looks like the 6 ;)

new miatas are cool too... but I take a s2k over a miata any day of the week! :2cents:

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

i suggest you all look at jcutsh's lecture

posted by  importluva

Your Message