Need Help With Integra GSR

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need Help With Integra GSR

With all the aftermarket parts out there I have no idea what to get my GSR. Im looking at everything, mostly the cheaper stuff, engine, suspension, rev meters and maybe a supercharger. I like aem and greddy parts but im not sure whats best and what a good combo is. Also is it worth it to get the engine bored?

thanks

posted by  zelda_gamer

Intake, Exhaust, and Headers are the most common modifications for any import. If you get all 3 your looking at a boost of maybe 30hp. What year? What engine?? Try turbo if you really want to be different.

Stephen

posted by  optimis

What does it mean when an engine gets boreded? or how ever it's spelled (boarded?) And how much hp can it raise?

posted by  hype86

The stuff listed already is a good start...Whatever you do dont get a Supercharger, (in my opinion) They mess your engine up pretty much the same way nitrous oxide will if you use it too much...You are much better off with a Turbocharger, sure Turbos have turbo lag but they are more reliable then a supercharger anyday...

posted by  JDM-Racer

The term is "Bored" and to "Bore out" an engine means to drill or what not to make a certain hole bigger for a certain part you want to put in... As far as horse power goes it depends on what your boring out...It can be for preparation for a Turbo, Exaust Valve, Blow off Valve, Intake, Camshaft, anything that needs to be inserted into a larger compartment and horsepower differs as I said between what your putting in...

posted by  JDM-Racer

Interesting explanation. Please explain what engine component you would have to bore to install an aftermarket camshaft as an example.

posted by  vwhobo

To put in an aftermarket camshaft you would need to modify or even buy a new intake valve arm and exhaust valve arm depending on the camshaft...depends on da size really...

posted by  JDM-Racer

Intake valve arm? Exhaust valve arm? What planet are you on? Now I need you to explain what a "valve arm" is. And I'm still waiting for you to tell me what component you have to bore out to install an aftermarket camshaft. Please hurry, I won't be able to sleep until these questions are answered.

posted by  vwhobo

I DID A COMPLETE SWAP IN MY EG AND NOW THE
CAR SPUTTERS UNDER W.O.T AND MY TACH JUMPS AROUND
I THOUGHT IT WAS A SHORT DO I CHECKED MY FUEL PUMP RELAY
I WAS FUNKED UP SO I REPLACED IT CAR RAN
OK BUT STILL SPUTTERED BUT NOT AS BAD
GO TO DRIVE IT AND THE SPUTTERING JUST GOT WORSE,
AND ONE HAVE AN IDEA, :banghead:

posted by  HUEXB18C

These people might care if they were still on this forum.......... :screwy:

This thread is 2 years old. :banghead:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Either way, I'd like to say that this post

is complete bullshit.

Thank you, carry on.

posted by  Oomba

i agree you really sound kinda lost. If you want a good resource for integra modification i suggest you do a yahoo search for TEAM INTEGRA FORUMS :mrgreen:

posted by  airmanUSN

Or come to me :laughing:

posted by  99integra

or that

posted by  airmanUSN

Your Message