RX-7 with a sh!t load of mods (vid)

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  RX-7 with a sh!t load of mods (vid)

if you like Rexes as much as I do... you will enjoy this vid... never really seen a car that runs out of gears!!! pretty bad a$$!!!

you know the deal right click, save target as... PS: its a zip file...

http://66.79.163.120/~egh4/movies/crazy_dane.zip

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

that car is madly insane :drool:

posted by  Inygknok

whered it max at? like 160- 170mph? pretty nice... closest ive ever got was 150

posted by  mazda6man

yeah tell me about it.... sh!t is like the car is asking for more gears!!!

Downloading it now...
Anyways, i hit 120 In my prelude. THAT car is asking for another gear. How do they expect you to go 130 without blowing up?? LOL

posted by  XboxFPSKing

Not bad at all. I just wish Rotaries wouldn't blow apex seals like they so easily do. My girlfriends 94 Touring Rx-7 will need a motor soon. Forget the 13bt-rew...20b baby :)

posted by  thunderbird1100

its all sorted in the Rx8, using SiC reaction bonded ceramic for the seals and liners and solves all the problems. In terms of compactness to power ratio then nothing even comes close to a rotary.

posted by  cinqyg

Actually you can't compare the rotary's displacement to a modern Piston motor. For every one cycle a piston motor goes through a wankel goes through 3 cycles...so really it's not that much power for it's displacement. Plus the Rx-8 is just so extremely underpowered it sucks. I've seen two dynos of the supposed '238hp' 6port 6spd model and they hit a whopping 180-185whp...wasn't impressed...the rotaries before made power and were unreliable. The new one (Renesis) is reliable but makes no power. The rotary seems like a lost cause to me.

This video changed my whole perspective on rotary cars. I would get myself one of those, if it werent so unreliable :ohcrap: Yeah, the RX-8 is really underpowered, but i like the styling, nice and slick. Too bad they had to rip saturn off on those small reverese hinged doors. I think those doors make the car less sporty looking. But i guess those doors makes life alot easier.

posted by  aerith

rotaries being unreliable is a myth, derived from stupid people owning such cars that dont know how to take care of a vehicle. keep the oil topped off and take good care of the engine, even if you rev the piss out of it all the time, if you take proper maintanance they are reliable as a piston engine. Quit spreading such myths people.

posted by  Arthur

I don't think they ripped saturn off by doing that. Considering rear hinging doors have been around as long as the extended cab pickups have been around (which believe it or not, was before the Ion). Also don't forget a lot of the 30's cars with rear hinging doors.

It's not a myth but a proven fact. The Rotary is known for blowing Apex Seals when modded a bit. It's something you can't even prevent with 3mm seals. My local Honda/Acura shop has been through 3 13bt-REW's in their DATSUN race car (one being a fully prepped race engine). They know how to keep up with an engine. The engine couldn't keep up with them. They tried 2mm and 3mm seals. Both times the engines crapped out. It's just a very unreliable engine under good amounts of boost. Why do you think no other manufacturer has picked up on rotaries?

Rotary owners remind me of 4g63T 7 bolt owners....they HAVE a backup engine.

i....... cant...... hold...... it..... in..... argh.... no.....

must.... fight....

the...

....ack...

urge......

oh Hell no......

GO CRANKWALK!!!

ok so i couldnt hold it in... maybe next time....

PS: yea right..... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  Inygknok

What is that?

posted by  BavarianWheels

Who needs boost with a rotary? run a full bridgeport with a N/A motor and youre in business.

posted by  Arthur

but imagin that motor after placing a nice turbo in it...

posted by  mazda6man

a VERY common problem found mainly in 2g DSM's (7 bolt ones). it happens in 1g dsm's too but not as damn frequently and easy as in their 2g sons.

in very simple words, this occurs when the crank wears into the thrust bearing and then eventually moves the trigger plate into some sensor, breaks it, and shuts the damn car down. this causes the clutch to have problems with engagement and all of this happens mostly when people use very heavy clutches.

posted by  Inygknok

This movie sounds awesome :orglaugh: sadly, :ohcrap: my computer's about as shitty as the Geo Prizm i saw with a damned nissan skyline GTR badge :orglaugh: refer to Stupid @$$ Rice Boys MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe, check it out!!

posted by  allroundcarguy2

the only problem I see here is that the RX-7 is not a DSM... :2cents:

where is that master of the obvious picture ffs?!?!!?

posted by  Inygknok

lol yeah where is it... (this I got to see)

I was just checking man... :D

PS: and we are back to being mortal enemies.. lol J/K :laughing:

lol, ok, but on one condition. if we ever have to have a tag team match, i get jzxtt and u have to use dsmer as ur partner, agreed?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  Inygknok

no, no... I'll take Jzxtt... :D you take the dsmer... hahaha :mrgreen:

in fact, where the hell is he anyhow?

posted by  Inygknok

no idea... I'm surprise... he would of been all over this.. :D

that bastard is ignoring us, i saw him reply on another thread :P

posted by  Inygknok

hahaha maybe he doesnt want to be part of the royal rumble!!! hahaha

awwwww :(:(:(

n i was going to ask him to marry me, he would make such a great housewife :D :laughing:

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message