Large Power Gains

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Large Power Gains

Hey, i was wondering, what would be the best solution for large power gains :drool: on an A20A motor, (86-89 Accord, 4 cyl, PGM-FI, 120 hp). Please answer!!

posted by  allroundcarguy2

You're screwed, they make almost zero aftermarket parts for the A20. Even then the motor is a waste to work on. You're best bet at this point is getting a f22 from a junkyard.

posted by  thunderbird1100

alright then. :doh:

I gonna start lookin at a diff car. 1990-1997 accord; is that a good bet

posted by  allroundcarguy2

Good idea, I suggest the lighter 1990-1993 gen.

If you wanna stick to honda look into a civic coupe or a civic hatch. tons of aftermarket support. But they usually require swaps to make any good (usually). *DSMer knows what imma say next* Just go integra LS, GS, GS-R. Tons of aftermarket support and they dont need swaps to be made fast. B18's are extremely reliable engines. So a swap is one less thing you have to worrie about. If you wanna try something new then go with an S14 :drool: . A little expensive but well worth every penny. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

accord..... :doh: , decent but not so popular in the modd'n catagory. But if thats what you want go for it. :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

Once you swap the h22a engine in an Accord it becomes just as lethal if not more-so than most civics with swaps. Turboed h22a's make incredible power, and I would know from my first car :)

Like they always say 'no replacement for displacement'.

Plus i've always been an Accord guy, Civics are WAY too small for me. I like a good sized four door sedan. Something along the lines of an Evo/Impreza/Accord so on.

:doh: , as you can see I dont know much about accords. The dual exhaust accord v6 (2002 i thinK) are sweeeeeet. :drool:

posted by  jzxTT

My favorite gen (looks wise) accord was the 6th gen (98-02) coupe. But the new J30 engine makes a lot more power than the last J30 (240hp vs. 200hp).

Yeah, i think the new J30 engines are alot better. I like the styling on the current generation as well. I know many of you out there prefer the previous generation. But not me, the new one is so much nicer inside as well. Too bad the price is way up there. :ohcrap:

posted by  aerith

wtf is a sleeper???? Im guessing a car that doesn't stand out ... or an older car. like corolla or accord??? I hear this a lot and should know by now so... whats a sleeper?

posted by  jzxTT

New J30 six speed Accord is a dream to drive. I drove one with the HFP package and it also handles like a champ. Friend of mine owns a '03 Accord six speed HFP coupe and ran 14.10s completely stock with it at the 1/4 mile. Very cool indeed. The whole car is still under warrenty too (not that you would ever have to use it). I was actually thinking of replacing my current Accord beater with a new accord as a mpg car. Passed up on an awesome deal for a black 04 six speed J30 w/ 680miles on it. $24,888 :banghead: Now why I passed that up I do not know.

Sleeper = car that appears stock but is FAR from stock.

My last 4th gen h22a turbo Accord was sort of a sleeper before I added the Evo 3 body kit for a bit better aerodynamics (the box 4th gen Accords arent aerodynamic kings). Only had a little lip spoiler on there like the stock 4th gen's had. Of course sometimes the BOV (Greddy Type S) and exhaust note (3" downpipe into high flow cat into 2.5" Y-pipe into two 4" Turbo N-1 mufflers) would give me away. Also sometimes I would roll around on the stock wheels/tires for the hell of it (14x5.5 with 185/70 rubber :laughing: ). The regular wheels/tires were 18x8 Axis with 235/40 Nitto 555 rubber. You should of seen me pull on Camaro SS's and Cobras... quite funny.

Your Message