Need help

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need help

I have a 96 GS eclipse. I have a few performance parts(cold air intake,ect.) what should i do next ,performance or looks?

posted by  Dewey

I think everyone here will say the same thing, speed is key!
Get your pipes done as a cheap easy mod.
Once you've done that you have to start looking at more detailed parts.

posted by  Unlicensed

:2cents: as far as performance, depends on what you have. Intake, headers, catalytic converters, and exhaust is the basis of any car. After that you could go turbo, intercooler, and blow off valve. Kinda depends on how many miles you have. If less than 100k than you should be safe. As far as looks, coilovers and rims should be good enough to make it look better. And maybe a mild body kit. have any pix of your car?

posted by  jzxTT

i have headers,cold air,high flow cat,and i have a cat back system coming. i have 160k miles no point in turbocharging not unless to see how fast i can blow it up.i ve saved enough for a new motor and tranny. do u know if a 3000-gt motor and tranny will line up correctly. i dout it will but i am just hoping.

posted by  Dewey

this case has been discussed before. the costs of the custom engine mounts and other krap u will probably have to modify, plus the engine and trans will be even more expensive than just buying a 3kgt alone. if u want that engine, just get the car. u can sell urs and use that spare money u have saved and u will be just fine.

posted by  Inygknok

theres a 3000gt at www.craigslist.org with 75,000 miles on it for 7,000. It'd cost about that to put tha TT engine in ur eclipse. But if i were u i'd stick with the eclipse.
IMO 200-250 hp is good enough for me. :mrgreen:
btw. with intake, headers, a cat, and an exhaust system there still is a chance of blowing your engine. I'd a rebuilt it or bought a new engine before all that. but thats me. :mrgreen:

posted by  jzxTT

id say performace and looks together. since u have all the basics then the next step could be (cheap) to get ur ignition up to standard, then buy urself a nice lil bodykit. all i ask of u is that if u have any respect for us here at car forums.com that u dont buy a spoiler thats bigger then the car.

posted by  VMJYogi

Your Message