Would it be a good idea to put a 2jz in.......

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Would it be a good idea to put a 2jz in.......

Would it be good idea to put a 2jz in a hilux and would it fit?

posted by  GreekWarrior

hilux :confused:

posted by  jzxTT

wtf is a hilux?

posted by  Inygknok

yous have never herd of a toyota hilux, it's a ute.

posted by  GreekWarrior

simple answer? yes! if my bud can fit the soarer v8 into a hilux then sure.

you guys who dont know the hilux, I am sorry for ya! its the diff you want if your pushing extreme hp through your car! almost indestructable!!! ALMOST!!

posted by  Unlicensed

OK, think of it like this, the 2JZ is a 3.0 liter. If this helix is a V-8 that is bigger than a 3.5 liter, about-round, then it really has a chance, a V-8 is shorter then an I-6, so you need to put in some displacement for that extra room. now the big thing to ask is is the helix front wheel drive, if it is then kiss the 2JZ goodbye 'cause its rear wheel drive, unless you want to pur some serious bucks into it.

posted by  s13_Drifter

From what i have seen on the net, the Hilux is aethetically the equivalent of the Toyota Tacoma. That's just looks, so i'm not sure if the engine bay is the same. But i think it is FWD, the Tacoma anyways. I'm not sure, i don't know about pick-ups. But why would you want to put a 2jz into a pickup?!?!?

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

posted by  aerith

the hilux is rear wheel drive! hence why the diff and axle are used heavily down here in drag cars. the most commonly used drive trains are r33 gearbox's, hilux diff and axle. also the old supra gearbox too in alot of cases I'm sure...?

I had stupidly overlooked the 6 pot factor in the 2jz :doh:

so go the v8 route with the single throttle body :laughing:

posted by  Unlicensed

:confused:

posted by  jzxTT

we dont get that thing over here in PR. we do get the Tacoma, and i can see the resemblance.

posted by  Inygknok

In the U.S. the Pickups of yester year were called Hilux. I have a 1974 Hilux. These days they are called Tacoma. I you can find an efficient, thin radiator and electric fan, that would help. If all else fails recess the fire wall.

posted by  Nimbly

What is the engine size and shape?

posted by  s13_Drifter

of wat engine?

posted by  Inygknok

the hilux!

posted by  s13_Drifter

ah, then i got no idea :P

check on google

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message