TSX A-Spec Released

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  TSX A-Spec Released

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/252887/04tsx_aspec-092.jpg

There it is. Now they have a A-Spec TSX (underbody stuff, accessories, spoiler, wheels, suspension all new). Looks like they just took the TL A-Spec wheels and machined them to be silver instead of the gray paint on the TL. I like it for the most part. TSX is a good car for the price ($27k), has an excellent interior.

posted by  thunderbird1100

hey i just wanted to tell you that the link was bad... sorry

posted by  20BRotaryTT

Ah, well hell, I think you have to be a TOV member to view it.

Try just going to www.vtec.net and it's on the front page.

Yeah, it looks like a pretty good package. But does this mean that Acura will not release a Type S version of the TSX? Cause rumors about a type S version of the TSX to rival the Accord Euro R have been floating around.

posted by  aerith

Type-S name-plating will be phased out. The RSX-S is the last one to get this badging. Soon it will just be A-Spec versions. So we will have a RSX A-spec, TL A-spec, TSX A-spec and the MDX A-spec (un-announced but for some reason there is one sitting at my local dealer in the showroom...has the gunmetalish TL A-spec 18" wheels, revised suspension, underbody work, lots of accessories and a small wing, about a $10k package).

But i doubt the A-Spec versions would add power to the car itself. Since the Accord Euro R pumps out around 220 instead of 200. From what i know, the A-Spec mods are all suspension and asethetic modifications. Hmmmm, A-Spec MDX huh? My parents were thinking of getting one soon, might take this into consideration.....if it ever gets released here in Canada....dammit. :ohcrap:

posted by  aerith

Well for the next gen RSX it might get the same power increase over the base RSX (knowing they are trying to get rid of the Type-S nameplate). So yes, at least one will have a power increase. I remember seeing the Concept A-spec TL at the auto show. It had 300hp.

Yea, but that was a concept. The official released information about the A-Spec package didnt indicate any horsepower gain modifications. Just suspension, wheels and tires. And the A-Spec badging throughout. With nicer aesthetics such as head and tail lights and a body kit with wing.

posted by  aerith

I know what came out, just hinting about the possible 'near future'.

Your Message