Honda Accord engine

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Accord engine

Alright, im looking to "spice" up my engine in my 94 honda accord, to give it more kick, it is an automatic but looking to change that later, but for now, what can I add into the engine to give it more HP (It is a 4-Cylinder :oops: )

Any advice would be great.

posted by  sk8er2k8

ok, its basically the same question that has been asked quite a few times in the past 2 weeks, either the h22 or h23 spicing up thing.

just to keep it short and simple, click here (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4505) to view the suggestions given to some of our other friends around here with the same curiosity. ill try finding the other threads that had the same question.... too lazy atm :D

posted by  Inygknok

Sorry for the repetition, Just found the forum and thought i'd ask, Guess I was too lazy to search my self :orglaugh:

posted by  sk8er2k8

wow, nice B18c1, thats a nice engine, I would but it in an SiR II, I like it. well, just put a turbo on it and youll be fine.

posted by  s13_Drifter

Bets its got more kick in it than my civic Dx :banghead: lol .. um what power do you want and how much we got to spend here?

posted by  Lukaz

As much power possible WITHIN the $600 limit. I know tubro charges cost arund 3000-5000.... I will save up for a turbo once I get little things done. If anyone out there has connections and can get me a turbo for under 1000, ill be your friend :hi:

posted by  sk8er2k8

you could problebly get an intake, cat-back exhast, high cfm throttle body. But if it were me i would just keep saving up for that forced induction.

posted by  s13_Drifter

s13 add me to AIM and get on pls sk8er2k8
might be easier that way

posted by  sk8er2k8

Turbos themselves are mostly under $1000 (for the more mainstream ones). It's all the other stuff that adds up to the cost making them a few thousand dollars.

posted by  thunderbird1100

u people really need to learn how to search for parts... geez, whole turbos for $3,000.... i could modify my whole car and throw in some re-upholstery for that cash.....

dont go around buying greddy stuff cuz thats just not the way things are done. stick to the things u trully need and learn how to look for parts. connections are your best friends.

posted by  Inygknok

I don't have any connections. And I can't find turbos for cheap :cussing:

posted by  sk8er2k8

E-bay, google, craigslist.org, aolsearch.aol.com, yahoo... Not that hard. As for the swap... H22.. a good site for jdm sh*t > www.streetimports.com < decent pricing.. :2cents:

posted by  jzxTT

i think i will really have to start supplying parts for u guys..... one guy from this forum messaged me a few weeks back, n he is considering having me send him a turbo whenever he gets some cash. my mech finds me T04's with just like 50 miles on them for around $300, sometimes a bit more, sometimes less, depends if its really a t04 or a t3/t4, but u get the damn idea. we get the parts from friends that race their cars and replace their parts after 30 minutes. just in case, no, the parts arent broken at all, i got on one 300zx that my mech helped out build and it was using a trans that another Z had used in only 4 runs down the 1/4 mile, and it ran just fine (better than fine actually, not even the Z's i had driven when looking for a new car felt that good).

plus, once i get the whole moving thing sorted, and talk with my other boss down at the speed shop, i will officially work at a speed shop (most probably). i think by september this mess should be worked out.

posted by  Inygknok

I don't think im gonna swap my engine, my B18 is almost as good as the H22, so im not gonna swap engines, just build up the one I have

posted by  sk8er2k8

if you're gonna stick with the B18 you might want to stroke it to a 2.0 liter

posted by  s13_Drifter

i wanted to know if I can put an Accord engine into a civic Lx 1994 4door

posted by  The Capo

That car is still probably going to be slow after your mods are done unless you do something big to it, because its a heavy 4 door and only has a 4cyl. I would suggest starting with a cold air intake, header, exhaust system, and plugs and plug wires.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Im pretty sure thats possible. Not much stress I wouldnt think.

thanks a lot! well i need an new engine for it and i wanted someting better, maybe i'll go V-tec??

posted by  The Capo

Yeah, VTEC would do it some good. B18 block. :thumbs:

thanks alot :mrgreen:

posted by  The Capo

Also, make sure it comes out of a Honda Prelude, not an Integra. The Preludes always had bigger engines.

whoa dudes.. if yall are even thinkin' about a turbo conversion then there's tons of work to be done, starting off with an ecu, new headers/manifolds, new combustion chamber lay-out, blue printing the lower block, new seals, new exhaust for a lower compression, new internals for a lower compression, you'll need to re-build your engine bay to be able to hold all the new parts and accessories.

new accessories consist of:
turbo
blow off valve
new manifold
new cold air intake
dump pipe
new mounts
strut bar

... all that just for a small 50hp upgrade..?

if i was you i'd be lookin' for a supercharger for the engine.. what ever it may be.. h22/h23/b18... anyway... still.. if i was you i'd be doin' an engine transplant with a b18c5 and then building it for a high compression and high torque... i've heard rumors that a b18c5 w/o forced induction.. is capable of around 320hp... maybe more.. maybe less..

posted by  HyundaGuy

what if i get a H22A VTEC Engine or should i just got with the civic v tec and get it supercharged

posted by  The Capo

depend's on what you want to use the car for, is it goin' to be a show car? drag car? street car? track car? time attack car?.. what's the car's main purpose?... depending on the desired choice for the vehicle, depend's on the answer...

i think i speak for everyone when i say "we need to know what you want it for before we can sugest things"... yeah..

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message