a drift question?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  a drift question?

i recently got a 91 nissan 240sx that i want use for drifting but the downside
is its an automatic and i want to know if its possible to drift with an automatic
if not im selling the car

posted by  Grifter_X

i bet its even possible to drift with a lawnmower. the thing is that with standard cars you have so much more control over the car and its alot easier to keep them in the higher rpm ranges. automatics have shifting kits available, but standards are still better for this purpose.

posted by  Inygknok

Inyg is correct, with a manual you are in control of the revs whereas in an auto you aint. Some auto cars have a sports mode fitted, this is all well and good, but the car still shifts gear and not you. If you have a powerfull automatic drifing wont be a big problem to pull off, you might need a wet road with your car though, lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

possible yes... but it would be hard as hell since you are very limited - meaning you have very little control over the rmps! you would have to use the lower gears to do it... (not D but 1 or 2)

On a side note: please don’t do it on public streets and roads!!! people that try to "drift" on public roads are idiots that watch too much initial D and think they can do it too... don’t be an ass and get someone kill... :2cents:

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

Yeah lets all be cool like Fast and the Furious :laughing:

posted by  Eclipse_2004

yeah, F&F is stupid, very, very, stupid, for future reference, don't try to jump a bridge going up and letting a boat through.

posted by  s13_Drifter

yeah, dont try to jump bridges, bad idea. And yeah, NO2 is retarded for street use w/o the proper strength in the heads.

posted by  s13_Drifter

what are you talking about... F &F and 2F2F was the coolest movies i ever seed.....
. heh

posted by  mazda6man

Hey hey hey god dammit!!!
Fast and the Furious was NOT a car movie! It was a movie about a cop preventing bad guys from robbing truckers.

And 2 Fast 2 Furious was NOT a car movie! It was a movie about a guy and his friend coming together to stop the evil villians from doing whatever the hell they were doing.

Besides Paul Walker looked soooo cute while he was doing the 180mph doughnut into a reverse drive down the freeway while looking @ his love next to him in the passanger's seat and managing to keep a smile after he 180ed back into his normal position while staying in the center lane and signaling then jumped a cliff and landed on a road he never knew existed there and ran over the 800 shards of glass and poped his tire which then led him to grab his girl and jump out of the car as it fell off a bridge and grab a branch then kiss her deeply while hanging 150ft. in the air. Dont u see the romance?

posted by  VMJYogi

Your Message