Mitsubishi eclispe

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mitsubishi eclispe

Hello
I am brand new to much of the car world. I am looking to buy my first car and would like to get a Mitsubishi eclispe. I am looking at both the convertable and the regular. I am cusrious if people have any thoughts on either of these in safty and general perfromance. Also wondering about repairs on them, are parts a lot of $ for these cars like europen ones?

Thanks for all the help!
Zack

posted by  Zack

hehe, search in the forums. there is a lot of info on that car here, even the crankwalk issue is explained thouroughly.

posted by  Inygknok

Hey
Could you point me in the direction of crankwalk issue, is that on this site?

posted by  Zack

yeah, there is tons of stuff on the eclipse on this site. Come to think of it we do talk a lot about DSM, and it seems as if a lot of peoples favorite cars are TSI's. Well anyway. If your going to go for an eclipse try to find a GSX its the all wheel drive turbo version, very fast and very fun. Plus they're not terribly exensive(about 5k max)

posted by  Zalight

just do a search on "What is Crankwalk?". i wrote info on it a while ago and thats the thread name.

posted by  Inygknok

Thanks guys for the info! I am now looking for a GSX one on ebay motors.

posted by  Zack

nonononononono!!! big no to ebay!!!

u can buy some things on ebay, but certainly not a car. its so easy to scam on ebay that a car would be too much of a risk. try reading the local newspapers, and checking on other sites that focus on just selling or promoting used cars. maybe even a local dealership that has used cars.

posted by  Inygknok

Disagree on that point. My friend bought his S2000 on eBay, got it for a steal too.

posted by  Voda48

i never said anything about this happening 101% of the time... there are a few exceptions, just like everything else in the world.

posted by  Inygknok

OMG I LOVE MY FD :drool: :drool: ...... IT came modded for 8k . I've decided to leave it the way it is, its ..... so... smooth :drool: . Sold the integra to a friend for 4k and now I want an eclipse, Im too lazy to read what crankwalk is, (wiggly crankshaft????). My friends eclipse locked up on him and he could'nt steer or shift. Dont know if that has anything to do with it but If I am correct about crankwalk then what would be better
------> new crankshaft (hell, rods and pistons while im there), or just a 1g swap? I want a gsx but id be cool with a gs-t, even a gs. IS THERE A COUNTER-CRANKWALK!?!?!?!?

edit: a second gen eclipse that is. :thumbs:

posted by  jzxTT

If you want to go the Eclipse route this is my break-down.

1g - Best buy (GSX), most potential, least cost and least problems.
2g - Almost a gamble, cheaper built, more crankwalk problems.
3g - You have to be retarded to buy one of these.

All your answers are a click away.... www.deadeclipse.com

posted by  thunderbird1100

i agree about ebay being a bad choice especially for a beginer looking for a gsx the crank will walk just driving it home you want to get one that you can test drive before you buy it

posted by  nektratta

I would never buy a car without test driving it... I may be dumb... but def not stupid... :thumbs:

as for eclipses.... well.... I owned a 94 for six years... yeah it was the base... yeah it was the slow one with the 1.8 L engine... and yes it was auto.. but I beat the shit out of that car... in fact it still runs like nothing even after 3 major accidents... I really cant say its a bad car... but I do know people with the new 3rd gen one with a shit load of problems... almost worse than my VR4 hahaha

but if you must get one... def get a gsx... just cuz it will be so much fun... def 1st gens are more dependable... but I like 97-99 because of the body style...

PS: you could also save up and get yourself a nice little supra... my 89 was pretty bad ass even for its time... unless you want to go all out and get yourself a nice little MKIV :D hahaha

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

Your Message