Counter-Crankwalk -DSM 2g eclipse

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Counter-Crankwalk -DSM 2g eclipse

What should I do to prevent a crankwalk from happening? performance crankshaft, or just a 1g swap? Whats the best counter-crankwalk? Because I really want a 2g eclipse, I have a few bux left over. I plan on gettin a gsx but if i find a cheap gs-t or gs imma buy it :mrgreen: .

posted by  jzxTT

wheres DSMer when ya need him. :badrazz:

posted by  jzxTT

no idea, but i have always been the one to answer the serious crankwalk questions. anyhow, if u plan on keeping the 2g dsm engine, it's mainly the 95-97 ones that are really prone to this condition. i dont remember atm all the things that u had to change, but i can remember atleast the most important ones.

1) leave the car alone and dont use really heavy pressure plates. these are mainly wat seriously help the issue happen alot faster.

2) if u wanna mod it, then have the crankshaft fixed cuz i can bet it has already suffered some damages. the main bearings need to be replaced cuz these are one of the main causes of the problem.

3) check the crank angle sensor for any possible damage

4) check where the hell the thrust bearing is and that it hasnt started to try to dive into the sensor.

5) probably new con rods.

thats all i can remember atm. im sleepy ffs.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message