do u c any potential a 96' corolla?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  do u c any potential a 96' corolla?

i got dis 96' corolla its V4 engine. i m new to cars, so i don't no much bout it. i m not sure if it would be able to handle a turbocharger or supercharger, not that its in a bad shape or anything but cuz its kinda old. so any HELP?

posted by  reagan_a

ok, to start you have an I-4,and of course your car has potential, almost every car has potential. its going to be had to find applications for it though, its not a very common car when it comes to racing, well the solara isnt either but streetglow had fun with that one. well, just start out with what everyone starts out with, intake and exhast, then move to the headers, then maybe some ignition upgrades and electronics upgrades. Then you'll end up with a buch of stock parts, get some money, sell the header and the intake and buy a turbo. it'll come with the turbo manifold and you wont need the intake when you get the turbo. well, yeah, just start out small and end up to forced induction and you'll find yourself getting a new engine after that problebly.

posted by  s13_Drifter

I'll be shorter than the last post....

No, not really.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Um, potential for WHAT?

posted by  DodgeRida67

racing

posted by  s13_Drifter

Hell no.

posted by  DodgeRida67

........no

posted by  jzxTT

I don't think the 96 Corolla has a very imposing race car look, but you can make it go faster for sure.

Personally, would I bother? I don't think so....but to each his own.

posted by  MaChao

well the car was given to me, i just wanted to c if i can get it a bit faster.

posted by  reagan_a

say i did put in an intake and an exhaust, how much of a difference do u think it ll make? i had a friend tell me to put in a v6 turbo in dis v4 engine. he said it would run ok, but wouldn't dis damage da engine?

posted by  reagan_a

its not a freaking V4!!! its an Inline-4!!!

now that thats out of the way.... u can put any turbo in any car, as long as u can make it fit. its another story how the turbo will operate and wat kind of modifications u will need so the turbo will run efficiently and effectively.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message