This sucks!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  This sucks!

Spun a bearing 2 days ago...

So you guys can imagine I'm a bit pissed off... Its going to cost around 5k to fix it... If I decide to get a new short block instead of the rebuild...

20K for the car + 15K in mods (not including labor for some of them) + my new spun bearing mod (5K)= multiple kicks to the nuts! :banghead:

anyway... just figure I share... lol

posted by  SunDown13X VR4

im assuming its ur 3000gt? man, sorry to hear that.. nice car to.. just how exsactly did you spun anywayz? what caused it?

posted by  Ki2AY

Sorry to hear about your GTO man....but, you know I HAVE TO SAY IT!!!

Nissan > Mitsu in quality/reliability :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

I'm still trying to find out what could of cause it...

Normally the only way you can do it is by not having enough oil pressure...

But I'm anal when it comes to oil... I change it every 2500 miles and check the oil level every day!!!!

Plus I'm always keeping an eye on the oil pressure gauge... and even now it reads normal... All I can think is that the gauge is not reading correctly and that the fuel pump gave out on me...

This sucks....

I dont know... I'm even thinking about selling the bitch as is... and take maybe a 15k lost on it... but I dont know if I can do that or not... its going to be 5k to get her up and ready to spank vipers again... but then I think I would kill myself if shit breaks again... and i'm sure it will... the price of going fast is not cheap... like people say... you have to pay to play...

Maybe I should get a C5 or Z06! and start modding it! to get it up to my level... but I dont know... nothing beats an awd launch!!! :D

actually they all have problems... its just they have different ones... actually when my VR4 was stock... this thing was pullet proof! zero problems... only after the heavy mods came it... it started to give me little problems...

honestly this is not a big problem... my problem is that I just finish putting 5K in the car... and I dont feel like putting 5 more... hahaha

I'm sure if I park it in my garage for a month or two... I'll have the cash to have her up and ready to kick ass again... :D but I want a fast car now! hahaha my DSM sucks ass!

[/COLOR]

dont they all? :D

posted by  Inygknok

u willing to give up on ur baby just like that? hmm.. i guess u gotta do what you gotta do.

posted by  Ki2AY

Watch him go out and buy a Z32 300zxtt :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

Until you pull it, how do you know it's going to cost that much?

Can you strip the engine yourself? If so, I'd have thought you'd be able to get a bearing (where ever it is) repaired for a couple of hundred quid.

posted by  heebee

First off, what the HELL is quid? I'm assuming its some sort of english money, but I thought you guys used pounds.I'm also assuming he meant a bearing in his turbo. And not many people know how to bust open a turbo and replace stuff. Which also means he would have to buy a new one. But 5k still sounds a little steep, even for a big ass turbo.

posted by  Zalight

Your Message