The best coil overs?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  The best coil overs?

I am looking to buy adjustable coil overs for a 93 civic and having a hard time of choosing which ones are best... tanabe, tein, H&R, JIC, Toda, spoon, HKS.. please help need to purchase within 2 weeks!

posted by  importfan0103

Also i happen to be a fan of the tanabe coil overs and my main reason for the post is are they any good, how would you rate them, and in the "land" of coil overs were do they stand... I think that might be the same as my second question... please reply need help!

posted by  importfan0103

Tein makes pretty top notch coilover systems you can get. Also make a wide range....but I have no idea why you would want to be spending a grand plus on a 93 civic for a true coilover setup, pure insanity... Just get some very nice springs and konis.

posted by  thunderbird1100

because i love my civic and its going to be hooked up I want the suspenison to be tight...(the less body roll the better).. I want the car to hug the ground and corners.... I am looking for a kit so i dont feel the car lean away from the corners... and you might think 93 but its a beuatiful car... so what about TANABE

posted by  importfan0103

I'd buy Tanabe springs before thier coilovers...fact is, if you want to spend a good grand a half on suspension, I'd get whichever TEIN coilover setup you want. But really, you could save about HALF the money by buying a set of springs (Eibach, Tanabe, H & R are all good) and putting on some very nice shocks like adjustible Konis. Will be probably nearly as stiff and handle just as good almost as the TEIN's, just lose some of the adjustibility (Even thought you can change the shock rates). Some nice Konis are about $150-$200/piece and srpings will run you about $250 for a set of four nice ones. Saves a lot.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message