Sylvia and skyline question

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Sylvia and skyline question

Hi, why cant you drive a skyline or sylvia here in the u.s. ive seen the new lamborgini driving by my place, why cant a skyline or sylvia come by. is it legal here?

posted by  Kris

emissions

posted by  Inygknok

There are quite a few Skylines in the states, mostly depends on your state law as to weather you can have a right hand drive car (although the sell left hand drive Skylines in the UK)... the catch is the car has to be brought through a registered importer.

posted by  Phelan

so where are these left hand drive skylines made? japan has right hand drive! and the only thing you need to drive a left hook in england is to be older than 25y/o.

posted by  Unlicensed

Heck if I know, I live in Japan, and as you said, we only have right hand drive... but I know a guy working on importing a left hand drive from the UK to the US.... /shurg, I'll ask him next time I see him.

posted by  Phelan

some ppl import them from europe or other parts of the world with left hand drive skylines. others just convert them to left hand drive themselves.

posted by  Inygknok

hey so if its possible would it be worth it bringing over a skyline or a sylvia from europe or converting it and then from japan.

posted by  Kris

if u have the kind of cash to do all of that, n then pay up taxes and all the other krap u gotta pay up, then yea.

posted by  Inygknok

top left... if you couldnt tell... thats from... either washington, oregon, or BC
http://www.hachiroku.net/media/1y/1b.jpg

posted by  mazda6man

...i think washington

posted by  mazda6man

Even if your state allowed right hand drive, would you want to have one? I've never driven right hand drive but I have been in one and its weird. It might be cool just to be unusual and have a right hand drive in the states, but I would probably be a little weirded out to drive one.

posted by  Zalight

RHD would be soooo cool in AMerica if you ask me. If you get a skyline in america get ready for:

-challenges at every street light
-people pointing and taking pictures

...there's more, those are just the ones i remember from a skyline site. i'll post it once i get the link again (differnet computer's favourites list)

posted by  mischa

It's not as bad as you'ld think... at least it's not that bad to drive them in Japan, but we are on the worng side of the road too.... shifting with your left hand takes a bit to get used to, but it's easier than I thought it would be.

I wish I had the 24,000$ to bring my Skyline back (US Military will pay for shipping, I just have to pay convertion) the price is just redicules.... still I spose I could make alot of money if I had the money to do it....

posted by  Phelan

Thats an awesome quote on your signature man! Seems to apply pretty well to some of the people on this forum...

posted by  Zalight

Thanks, I keep it there to remind myself how stupid I am on the net... :smoke:

posted by  Phelan

Hell yeah, thats on my life goals list. *Goto Japan, buy a Skyline.*

Umm bringing a Skyline to the US is'nt hard its just pricey... As far as I know, I do not believe there is a law against RHD vehicles. As it poses no car difference other than being on the right side. But hey its 2004 if you wanted to buy a CRX or AE86 you could get it over the border free of charge. Or any other classic 15yr old import

posted by  DSMer

Your Message