classic mitsubishi turbo project

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  classic mitsubishi turbo project

ok new, question i dont really know a whole lot about turbos in the first place, i know what they do i know where there bolted on at but somewhere between O2 housing and downpiping u've lost me and im trying to install a turbo on my car but if i dont know a whole lot about how to do that then i cant really go anywhere so if someone could help me out that would be great.

posted by  Kevdaddy103

google.com works..... these cars even have a turbo model brother.... not finding info on them would just mean that u havent done anything at all to search.....

posted by  Inygknok

Ok yea i guess that was a dumb question, i really just dont know how to put them together i have done research and yea i have found some but i still dont know which ones are better than other ones

posted by  Kevdaddy103

depends on wat u want the car for..... and a really detailed summary of the usage would be perfect.

posted by  Inygknok

well i bought the car because my friend talked me into it and told me it would be a cool project car and eventually if i put enough money into i could drag with it, im not lookin to make it look really good im in to making it a performance car as of right now so i want to know wat the best turbo would be for my car and for wat i want to use it for eventually

posted by  Kevdaddy103

that didnt answer wat i asked.... wats the real purpose of the car? daily driver with drag power? daily driver with circuit power? drag only? circuit? definately not drifting.... autocross? see how easy it is?

posted by  Inygknok

To answer your question without all the sass. A simple 20G turbo should suffice well in your Mitsubishi... Its a tad bit bigger than the stock 16G, and does'nt require that much modification to your fuel system and or exahaust. I am certain that you will be able to find a exhaust header bracket for the 20G turbo without having to replace the whole exhaust manifold. To my understanding the 20g has a decent ammount of turbolag, but will give you the option to go in many directions with the cars performance...

posted by  DSMer

Its good to see you posting again DSMer, you took a couple months off for a while there.

Welcome back :thumbs: !!

posted by  Zalight

I was away on business... :wink2:

posted by  DSMer

Your Message