Brake torquing Good idead or bad idea??

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Brake torquing Good idead or bad idea??

Hi i was wondering if break torquing to burnout is reallly liek REALLY bad for the car. I know that burnouts and brake torquing isint good but u know lol. Ok brake torquing is where you press brake all the way and then gas it to like 1500-2000 RPM and then let go of brake and you burnout. I am of coars talking about an automatic front wheel drive car. If it matters it is a 1997 eagle vision. And lol what are all they ways of doing a burnout!!! on an automatic front wheel drive car.

posted by  Kris

why is there two threads with slightly different names that are the same posts?... if that made no sense.. why are there two of the same threads?

posted by  mazda6man

oh because i posted one and then it tok long so i went back and then i madea new one but both got posted jsut reply to this one or both.

posted by  Kris

Well building torque while ur on the brake wont be 2 helpful if all of ur torque comes in at high rpms. If you got a big engine with low end torque than yes you would build a high amount of torque. Anyways it will put alot of force on ur brakes, if ur only revving to 2000rpm its not so bad i guess. Best way to do a burnout in a fwd auto. Back your back tires on some dirt off the road, would be better if that back end of the car is lower. Pulled the hand brake, and let it rip, ohh man my friend did that in his cavalier on some back road near the highway, at night to, crazyiest cloud of smoke ever, sooo much we were all coughing up, then it started to drift together over the highway, lol it was crazy instant fog.

posted by  speedy266

but when you do that wont it like pullthe wheels odd the dirst snce its less traction than the front. te frotn will just pullthecar whie on handbrake.

posted by  Kris

I suggest each and every one of you do some research on a thing called a stall converter.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I suggest you do the same before reprimanding others in this thread (who are admittedly clueless). ALL torque converters have a stall speed, some at low rpm and some at high rpm and some in the middle. Stall speed is regulated within the converter by diameter, number and angle of fins and viscosity of the transmission fluid. The stall speed you need is dependent on the intended use of the vehicle, engine torque curve, vehicle weight, etc. This is a very simplified and minimal overview of a torque converter.

I'll repeat this again. There is no such animal as a "stall converter". You are reverting to your previous self which is why I am very stingy with compliments.

posted by  vwhobo

OK. Maybe not the best advice. :oops:

However, if they would have researched it. Let's see. Let's say they went to yahoo and searched for "stall converter" about the 6th search result it a tech artical from car craft magazine.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/80098/

If they would have done that, maybe I would have been of help.

I know the deal with torque converters, stall speeds and the like. Believe it or not I was debating on how to word what I said because I know all torque converters have stall speeds and I could have easily made myself sound stupid if not worded right. I should have spoken of high RPM stall torque coverters. Bad wording and poor post on my part. :banghead:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message