Turbo build

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo build

I have no clue to what I need to do to build up a honda motor so that it can have a turbo with a higher boost(10+psi).I would like to get about 300hp. I plan on changing the cam,valves,intake,etc. What parts do I need to build up, and what needs to be done to the tranny and other driveline components?
Thanks

posted by  Devrix

Which motor?

Okay, the basics include this....

New Pistons, Rods, Sleeves (isnt completely needed but a good idea), Valvetrain (dont really need too but I recommend it), Cams (again not needed but for best gains change them), Crank (not really needed at all, but it will last longer than a stock one), Exhaust (just get some 3" piping and have it bent), Turbo Exhaust Manifold (if you get a kit it should come with one), Boost Controller with A/F meter (like an Apex-i S-AFC II or V-AFC), Bigger throttle Body (again not needed but a lot of people over-look this and it WILL give you massive gains with say a 68 or 70mm throttle body over the stock 50mm-ish ones), intake manifold (not needed, but again MASSIVE power gains with an aftermarket one).

Now, I don't know what engine you have, but you could hit 300whp with only 9psi pending a lot of other mods.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Thanks alot

posted by  Devrix

Thanks alot

Any recomendations for the tranny (besides the clutch), that needs to be beefed up.

posted by  Devrix

Almost forgot, new axles (CV) will be needed, just replace the clutch with a higher holding unit and then a lighter-weight flywheel.

BTW - by the time you get to 300whp. A LSD will be needed. So plan to save up a grand for it.

posted by  thunderbird1100

call that the basics? sounds like you summed it up

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message