The new Weapon-R seacret weapon

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  The new Weapon-R seacret weapon

I was thinking of getting this for my car but im not sure ...tell me what you think.

SECRET WEAPON INTAKE

The Secret Weapon Intake Systems is an result of countless hours of testing and tuning of air intake velocity, Airmass and Airspeed for each vehicle application. The Result, an intake system that performs better than any Cold Air Intake, but with a Short Ram. It is possible by Weapon*R's Patent Pending Speed Velocity theory, By creating a higher airspeed in the intake path you increase airmass and airspeed, which greatly increase horsepower.

This is possible by Creating two different paths of airflow, both flowing at different airspeeds, due to the tubing diameter in which the air is traveling. Now when the 2 different paths of air meet,they create a vacuum, which is where the airspeed starts to multiply, forcing more air into the engine at a higher rate, creating more horsepower.

The Secret Weapon Intake Systems are carefully CNC mendrel bent out of 6061 Aluminum, and then Hand Tig Welded in sections to ensure a constant balance in airflow, regulation in airspeed, positive seal and proper fittment. Each one of these intake systems are carefully tuned, by matching the engines displacement, air intake capacity and airspeed to the intake systems tube size,length and secondary pathway tubing diameters to maximize the full potential of the SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM.

This Intake is Matched with our Newly designed SW1 Filter, which provides maximum airflow, with the protection of high quality dense Poly Urethane Foam. Many studies have shown Flow rates of up to 80% more Air and Better Dirt Filtration with Foam Filter than the conventional cotton filter. The SW1 main feature is an Computer CAD Designed and Flow benched Tested TURBO Velocity Stack, which greatly increases airflow ,airspeed and airmass into the engine, therefore increasing engine performance. Another one of the SW1 Filters great features are the capability to be dis-assembled to be cleaned and then re-assembled after cleanings or to change the color of the foam filtering element.

http://www.rennenmotors.com/ebay/images/weapon_r_sw_intake.jpg

posted by  eclipsed420

I don't know how trustworthy these guys are...the thing looks computer-generated. :ohcrap:

posted by  MaChao

That is how things like this are designed. 1) they are drawn up on paper(rough sketches). 2)they drawn up with a design program (i.e. solidworks, autocad, ect.) 3) Then the computer design is thrown on some simulation software, to see how the object is going to act in certain situations. (true it can't cover all the bases, but it gets close) 4) Then a prototype is created and tested. 5) After the prototype is tested, if passed, the final product is manufactured and sold.

I cut some corners but this is a rough idea of the manufacturing process. What this is is a picture of it being run though the computer simulation. :heh:

posted by  Coffin Type R

sweet

posted by  eclipsed420

From the picture, i would say it works pretty good. If you can try to get a hold of the numbers from tests done by CarandDriver,etc.. before you select it though it looks very nice. if the numbers are decent, get it. :thumbs:

posted by  Coffin Type R

they said that it gives you 12hp ....but i herd that the extra stuff thats in it will cause it to not work right. so thats why i hope that there theary works.

posted by  eclipsed420

:bang head: Didn't you sense the sarcasm? I was referring to how someone would expect to see an actual photo of the item but instead he gives us a computer-rendered picture of it.

And FYI...I am actually starting a Engineering Graphics and Design class that is actually doing almost all of the things you listed! We're doing sketching (3 engineering rulers OMG), and I'm using AutoCAD 2005. Later on in the year, we're going to design a project and going to have it actually created! Awesome, no?

posted by  MaChao

i cant find a real pic :banghead:

posted by  eclipsed420

No not really, you've only managed to do what thousands of other engineers are forced to do everyday for thier exsessivley large pay checks.

On the intake subject, its a damn air intake. There are way far more important things that you could be worrying about than some "theoretical intake". Its not like one intake that "can" produce 12HP over another one that "does" produce 8HP is gonna make that big of a difference. If you wanna be nit picky over those few 4 horses(wich may not even apply to your powerplant) go ahead.... Far as I'm concerned, if its an intake thats made with good quality and has quality parts on it then it works..

posted by  DSMer

I've noticed that AEM and Injen build the better intakes for Japanese cars...what I'd recommend. Injen RD Intake I recommend above all others.

posted by  thunderbird1100

in the long run its still gonna pay off......every little bit counts!!! :smoke:

posted by  eclipsed420

posted by  eclipsed420

:sleep:

posted by  eclipsed420

now just how much hp will this increase?

posted by  Ki2AY

:smoke: for my z24 is 9 to and 10 hp but its hard to say for other cars. they had an add in mod mag that gave some readings soo check it out.

posted by  eclipsed420

That's shitty
AEMs cold air intake is supposed to produce 15-25hp.
And that one looks exactly like anyother intake system out there.
All that talk about a vacuum and blahblah is just marketing BS.
Show me some dyno numbers, then we can all make real judgements.

posted by  b_DuB13

you can not conpare a cold air to a short ram it just makes no sence. :banghead: = :drool:

posted by  eclipsed420

Ok i know im only 16 and shit but trust me for only being 16 i know a bunch of shit i have a 240sx with monds on it i just droped a new engine in it and everthing and me being 16 and all you buys being older i tell you what if you want a intake aem or injen is the was to go if you havea nissan if i was u i would get the ingen if you havea honda ill go got the aem if you want more horse power get the cold air thats the best way to if you were askeing me for the 240 you have to buy the short ram and then get the cold air exstention and then they make a block plate that goes behind that filter t to for more air in if you just have the short ram for the short ram and cold air exstention its about 350 becasue it 215 for the short ram and like 125 to 135 for the cold air exstention. the short ram gives you 10 to 18 hp and the cold air exstention gives you like 7-12 hp so go for injen if you have a nissan

posted by  90 240sx owner

I think I just read the longest sentance ever written. Way to go, 240sx owner. You have just devaluated your advice thanks to your poor grammer skills.

On a side not, and please only reply to this if you know about intakes,

Can you create a hood scoop and a intake from that to create a small psi-like turbo going? There will be no psi at low speeds, but at 40-50 mph, it would seriously help.

posted by  Godlaus

Why not?
And sense, maybe? =X

posted by  b_DuB13

HOLY CRAP
WORST POST EVER
USE PUNCUATION.
PLEASE.
NO ONE HERE CAN UNDERSTAND WTF YOU JUST SAID.

posted by  b_DuB13

posted by  eclipsed420

no man, he knw what he talkig about if you have nissan he know a sht load about cars even though he 16 if you have nissan if you have honjda you know about vtech you know that im 16 and i know sht about cars........If you have nissan.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  Godlaus

well if nothing else it has a pretty picture but it sounds like it would work but i would go with the sure thing Injen intakes

posted by  8G Galant

How do they help with pressure even at 40 -50 mph?

Let me demonstrate:

Firstly : 50 mph ~~ 22metres/second

maximum static pressure achievable above atmospheric = 22 x 22 x 1.213 x 0.5 = 293 pascals = 0.0425 psi = wow!

Secondly: Lets make believe you have a 200kW N/A fire breather sucking air through a 70mm throttle body/snorkel:

200kW ~~ 200 l/s so velocity = 52 metres/second

So the velocity of air through the intake pipe is going to be more than the relative velocity of the air ramming against it, therefore no opportunity for it to produce above atmospheric pressures anywhere in the inlet tract.

The only gain you will make is a reduction in pumping losses equivalent to moving 200 l/s with a pressure drop of the 0.0425 psi = stuff all (maybe 200 watts = 0.27 hp).

posted by  Wally

Exactly what I was looking for, to se if there was any sense behind having a huge hood scoop.

posted by  Godlaus

If you had a carby then a shaker would be of benefit. A bonnet scoop can be worthwhile for cooling the engine compartment or a TMIC.

posted by  Wally

Your Message