RB26DETT into a 1991 240sx

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  RB26DETT into a 1991 240sx

i was wondering what parts are needed to install a RB26DETT engine into a 91 240sx. THX in Advanced

posted by  Mckertchert

posted by  57ock

Well...57ock...it's been a while.

posted by  BavarianWheels

That it has. How ya been. Hows ya car going?

posted by  57ock

So far, it's been like the Energizer Bunny.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Just keeps going and going. Good stuff.

posted by  57ock

I could assume you drive an M series, but that might be wrong, what do you drive, BAV?

posted by  s13_Drifter

Funny I was just doing some research on this caus I plan on buying a 240SX. Your're gonna need alot more than just parts and motors mounts. The estimated the cost of the RB26DETT Swap is between $12K and $15K with labor. If you do it yourself it would cost arround $9k-$12K. It's going to require a custom exhaust manifold, and will definitely require custom motor mounts, wiring, intercooler piping, etc. From what I have read the oil pan must be changed also. Some drivetrain components will need to be replaced. You're looking at a mighty hefty project. You're going to need a Skyline front clip aloso. There are a crap load of parts that you just would'nt want to order that should allready be in the front clip..

posted by  DSMer

You realize for the price of a RB26DETT (all 320hp of it assuming you get a R34 GT-R motor) swap you could have a 600hp-700hp SR20DET (motor is a whopping $1500, about $3k less on average than a RB26DETT). Point of all this? RB swaps in Silvias are pointless as long as the SR20 remains around.

posted by  thunderbird1100

actually all you need is a rb25det tranny, motor mounts and other misc. parts...

posted by  Shady240

I personally Hate SR's.

posted by  kill1get1free

Any particular reason why?:ohcrap:

posted by  fudge

way to revive a 2yr old thread:thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

That's because you're an idiot. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

i agree with chris, that guys a farkin' moron if he hate's SR's.

next thing you know, he'll be telling us that a 4AGE is a peice of shit engine and it only revs out to 3k-rpm.

ahh well, personally i wouldn't go with either an sr20det or an rb26dett.

my decision would be between an rb20det from an R32 GTS-t or a VQ30DETT from a Gloria.

both of those are nissan, ones a skyline (the R32, obviously) and the other's like a laurel, it's a big ass car that's heavy as a fat bitch, which is why it's got a quad over head cam engine, twin turbo, v6, eccs electronic fuel injection and a ****ing sick fuel pump.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message