Dead Battery on 1990 Accord?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Dead Battery on 1990 Accord?

Hey People

Okay, first I'd like to say I've been a dead-beat on this forum lately. So hurl a few insults if you will within reason so I can ingraticate myself again?!? I've been driving too much cab and talking to this hottie so I have very little time to get back down to earth with the immediate gratification goodness and no bitching of cars! They complain a little when they break (make funny noises sometimes) and they may break the budget depending on how much one makes I guess:-(

Okay my 90 Honda Accord died again. Man this thing has 410,000 kilometers on it and is 14 years old! I've been battling with the battery and alternator for what seems like an eon. It's probably not the problem. Load tests were done. Something is drainning the crap out of the battery. It has relatively new battery. And a new Bosch alternator. Now I'm thinking somekind of modulator (a honda parts guy told me that the amp-like box on the drivers side wheel well was somekind of resistor do-dad!) Maybe a relay or a ground somewhere? And these (resistors) never need replacing. The thing needs a new distributor cap for sure. When I boasted the puppy up today I heard spark sounds. The battery is probably completely dead. The car had a hard time starting in hot weather too if that helps. An idea what this maybe or what steps I could go through to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Dan

posted by  Dan_Solo

Okay I went and bought another new battery. It turns out she was quite drained and two cells in the battery were pouched. I think the problem starts I had this past summer, did it in. Crap, the thing was under two years old. Still under warrantee and I got a 1000 cold cranking amp battery for the cold winters in Canada. The stupid car never came with a block heater. Apparently in Toronto its warm enough or was an option at the time! I got a new distributor cap as well to finish off the tune up. She started instantly too I might add.
Hopefully this may help someone with simular problems on this type of car... Hopefully this battery won't die prematurely.

Later,

Dan

posted by  Dan_Solo

Your Message