add HP to a 96 accord?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  add HP to a 96 accord?

What is the best way for me to go money wise for my situation
i got a 96 honda accord with a 4 cyl 5speed man trans
about 110 HP(disappointly low)

bascially want to make it faster but from what i understand replacing the engine would just cost way too much money

any ideas?

-sayles

posted by  andrewsayles

From what I gather you have the F22b2 engine which is actually 130hp and 139tq (Assuming you have a DX or LX). The F series does offer many aftermarket options (can get anything), it's just not the BEST engine to mod. You want the best base to start out with get a H22a for $2k. If you dont have that kind of money, you could always throw a nitrous kit on it for about $500 (50 shot would be fine). It's always best to start with the basics... Intake/Header/Exhaust and go from there.

posted by  thunderbird1100

ok thanks fr\or those ideas. Where could i get a H22 engine like you described? and also if i got these aftermarket parts and put them on my current engine can i remove them later if i get a new engine and install them on that? Thanks agian

-sayles

posted by  andrewsayles

Yes you could. :thumbs:

posted by  abless

only problem with a swap like that is that youre going from F series to H series... lots of stuff to be swapped...

posted by  mazda6man

Not really, It's considered as much as bolt in engine like a SR20De is into a KA24De 240sx. Very simple and straight-forward swap.

www.jaydm.com will steer you in the right direction for a h22a. Usually the going rate is $2000-$2200.

Some engine parts you can, some you cant. HEader? Probably not. Intake, possibly with modification. Exhaust, Pretty sure it's close to not even need modification.

while on the subject i got a 95 accord LX 4 cyl, very much like yours, however i have a automatic tranny. is there a way to swap the tranny so i can get a manual in there? I understand the early 90's accords either came in 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual

and from what you are saying, if you do swap for a h22a you wont be able to get an exhaust for it? if so is it worth it to do the engine swap when u can just keep the f series and put on the intake exhaust and headers for starters?

posted by  Stem

Dont touch a nitrous canister untill ur pistons and cams can handle that sort of power.....For around 300$ u can get a long ram cold air intake (AEM)that adds anywhere from 8-20hp....or u can go for a 120$ short ram intake that adds 4-8hp.......U can get full catback exhaust $400-500...$300 DC headers(may void passing emmisions tests)...and send ur ECU in to JET Performance for about $200 dollars and get around 20 extra hp.

posted by  civisi99

There is'nt an intake on earth that adds 20hp

posted by  desertsoldier22

my bad...up to 15 i was reading wrong thing on site.......and its not completely common to get that much hp.....theres cases of it tho...and its not 15 to the wheels either
:banghead:

posted by  civisi99

On the K20A2 RSX-S several Cold airs ADD 14-19 FWHP (which the upper end of that is over 20 crank hp added). Honda Tuning did a test of all the cold airs and short rams for them about two years ago.

Your Message