15 And Needing A Cool Car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  15 And Needing A Cool Car

HI im 15 almost 16 and trying to discide on a car.I need something around 3000 $ Something that i can customize and look cool in.But im not just lookin for looks i want speed as well.Ive drove a 93 v6 talon/eclipse and was really fast but not still sure what to get.It really be cool to have a rwd car but not nessary.Remember this will be my first car i dosent have to be too fast. :thumbs:

posted by  redlineracer

OHHH yeah i have also been looking at a ford probe gt(v6) :doh: will this beat a civic or an eclipse?

But one prob with these cars they are all fwd i want a rwd to learn how to drift.

posted by  redlineracer

You drove a V6 Talon? Do you have pictures because I wanna see this.

posted by  DSMer

yeah i have and it was only a cuple of times. Why would i take pics??Do you think i havent? Its not a big deal!!!! :fu: By the way it was not mine it was my uncle's

posted by  redlineracer

The reason I ask for pictures is because there is no such thing as a V6 Talon. ALL talons came from the factory with I4's. So if you drove a V6 Talon, I'd like to see pictures of it and the engine in it. I've never seen a v6 talon swap.. quite frankly I don't know why anyone would do it, but if you say you drove one I'd like to see it.

posted by  DSMer

your 15 and you want a cool car? i suggest you stick to matchboxs and hotwheels for a while.i highly dought your gonna be able to get a car looks the part for $3000! i am also intrigued to see this V6 Talon. :thumbs:

P.S will this be faster than a eclipse or a civic???

a civic what ??? Type R , SIR II ?????? or a DX? if your talking about a Type R i seriously would dought it.

posted by  Lukaz

Buy some 1990 Toyota corolla, soup it up.

posted by  654321

Ughh... Who said anything about a Supra RZ? Is it me or do you get more stupid everday I see you open your mouth and "attempt" to create a reply. There are many cars that are under $3k that are in fairly good condition. Maybe you should stay in Europe or wherever the hell you're from and leave American car consumer questions to Americans ok "Mayte"?

A FordProbe(V6) would most likley beat any kind of stock civic or fwd Eclipse in a drag race, wich is what I'm going assume you mean by "beat". However, I doubt the Probe would hold its own against an AWD Eclipse or Talon...

So if you were looking in that category I would try and find a V6 Probe, Talon TSi, or Eclipse GSX.

posted by  DSMer

sorry cant send pics he sold it because of overheating problem.I usure it was a v6 talon is the exact same as an eclipse!!!!!!! DSM-dimond star motors :banghead: By the way its possible the previous owner swaped it but i doubt it.

posted by  redlineracer

Or it is possible that you and your uncle don't know jack shit about cars, assumed it was V6, and have been calling it that ever sense. Yeah, my vote goes to that one.

posted by  DSMer

I may not know as much as you about cars,but i know a fair amount about them.I have been studying them since i was about six.I asure it was a 6 cylinder and im not a dumbass and im asking you to stop bieng an ass and accept it.Its not a big deal!!! :cussing: All i ask is that you be sure of something before you attack someone with your ignorance :fu:

By the way no hard feelings and lets just forget about the whole thing. :mrgreen:

posted by  redlineracer

You see, you were at a privaledged position to actually get valuble information. But since you crossed the line from ignorant minor to dumbass minor you have to suffer consequences. First and foremost, I don't give a rats ass what you've been studying for however long you've been studying. You're 15 you've never owned a car, you don't even have a license, and I doubt you've worked on enough cars. So don't tell me that you know what you're talking about because you obviously dont.

I have'nt owned 2 DSM's and worked on so many I lost count to have some little adolescent prick like you tell me otherwise. If the car was a stock Talon, it has a 4cylinder engine in it. Point. Period. You claim it was stock so it has an I4. Point. Plain. Simple. If indeed it has a V6 in it, wich I HIGHLY doubt, then it was no longer stock from the point that V6 was put into it.

THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.

posted by  DSMer

Okay,your right im sure you know alot more than me like i said.!! Im just saying it did have a v6 in it and there is no since of argueing about it sorry for calling you an ass and questioning your knowledge. :ticking: Your right i am 15 and i dont know jack shit compared to you but im not so stupid that i would false claim an engine calling it a v6 enen though that it is a 4 cylinder..I guess it was a swap becaus im possitive it had one.Oh and i do have my permit and who needs a lincense to drive?Not me!

Like i said previously no hard feelings :mrgreen:

posted by  redlineracer

Ok James Watt. I'l just assume you have special privaledges over every motorist in America. Anywhos, if you don't mind telling me what color was the valve cover on the engine.....

posted by  DSMer

Thank God, we don't let 15 year olds drive in Australia. And thank fark your not driving here.

posted by  57ock

I'm 18 and my first car is a 1990 Civic DX 1.6i. They're good for travel around town, but above 80 mph they guzzle like any other machine on the road heh. Uhh, low maintenance, good gas mileage, and Honda quality. Can't do much better than that for a first car. If you're against Hondas for some reason (which I'm sure many people are, but not many on the import forum) then a Toyota Camry or a Volkswagen Golf would be good too. gas mileage, efficiency, and they're all small and fast. also, RWD vehicles aren't good for beginners... my friend bought an 84 firebird, he isn't the best driver, and he has had some close encounters on the freeway hehe. good luck

posted by  VertigoPills

Grey with red letters (valve cover color) which also states v6 on it not that im basing my knowledge on that. I believe it said dohc on it and 24 valve cant really remeber to well

((DSMer)) :thumbs:

posted by  redlineracer

wanna buy an 87 corolla? RWD... AE86... INITIAL D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!INITIAL D!!!!!!!!! DRIFT CAR!!!!!!!!!... sorry... ive wanted to do that for a while

posted by  mazda6man

Oh you mean Grey With Red Letters like this one?
http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/data/503/23165dvigatelia.jpg

posted by  DSMer

Yep kind of like that :smoke:

posted by  redlineracer

why arent rwd cars good for your first? :doh:

posted by  redlineracer

RWD cars are the best... all the cool kids drive them... only problem is that they can get squirly in the rain or especially the snow if your not easy on the throttle...

posted by  mazda6man

im sure there are plenty of nice cars for under 3000.. i have found plenty, thats why i have a nissan sentra(91), a honda accord(88), a mustang(67), and a supra(86) i spent 800$ on the sentra 4000$ on the mustang 1200$ on the accord and 1000$ on the supra and i am fixing them up as soon as i get another job,, because im about finished with the sentra and mustang then sell them $$profit$$ did it with a 92honda and a 1970 buick electra

posted by  EzMustang

Kiddies, kiddies. If we're going to play together, we must learn to share.
Anyway. From what I've seen, a Ford Probe is sure to beat a stock Civic DX, LX, or EX (I hate to say this about my beloved :[ ), and most likely would be quicker to say 60 mph than an Eclipse RS or GS, but all of this is very theoretical.

..The reason I say that is because the Ford Probe is likely to fall apart on the way to 60 miles per hour. They have been one of the least reliable cars in the past 10 years. Research, my friends.

posted by  Patrick

If there is anything to know about DSMs DSMer would know it... (for the most part...) We all know DSM is Diamond Star Motors, we all know that I4s are the only stock Talon engines, we all know a Talon is basically an Eclipse... etc.... that is not ignorance...

I am sooo glad I resurected (sp?) that phrase...

Car idea: Im that age and I have a 99 Camry... Perhaps that could be an idea for you... :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

He might have meant an eagle talon. istead of a talon eclipse, there are 4 cyl, and 6 cyl's.

posted by  shev

...ok, eagle being a make, talon being a model... whats a talon eclipse?

posted by  mazda6man

You make a smiley as if you've accomplished something. The engine pictured above is an Inline4 cylinder, wich leads me to my original statement. You don't know shit about cars, nor how to properly distinguish an I4 from a V8. I would have let a V6 for a V8 slip, but thats just obtuse on your behalf. Your uncle DID NOT have a V6 Talon. He had a Talon, that comes with an I4.

Jesus, the nerve of these newbies. "No it was a V6 talon, I'm telling you I'm not a dumbass". From now on all your decision making privaledges have been removed. Your opinion is worth less than the slpash my fecal matter makes when hitting the toilet.

No there arent; but..... there are dumbasses and idiots. Wich one are you? I vote for both.

posted by  DSMer

I meant there are v4 and v6 eagle talons.

posted by  shev

No, and NO.

Ughh, go shoot yourself and do me a favor. No such thing as V4's(I'm sure there has to be one somwhere, but not in the sense you're using it). NO! There are no V6 talons. They only come with INLINE 4's!! Damn you idiots don't get it do you? NO V6; ONLY I4.

posted by  DSMer

DSMer, they know they are wrong. They won't admit it. These are the types of people that should be talked about in the thread "why so mean??" It's idiots like them who know they are wrong, and keep on arguing. That's "why so mean" But....as I was going to say; Move on dude! It's hopeless.

posted by  DodgeRida67

if you want something fast and stylish, a V8 will do good, you can beat any 4 banger out there with a stock 7.4 liter

posted by  RicerHater

You really hate Four bangers, dont ya...and I dont think your statement is entirely true :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well if you want to learn how to drift and want a RWD, I'd go with a 2nd gen rx-7. You probably can't find a Turbo model for $3000, but the N/A ones( 1986-1984) with 146bhp are pretty damn cool too. And btw this is all if you're willing to learn about rotary engines. :wink2:

And as for FWDs, you can easily find 1st gen dodge neons which aren't bad, not sure if they'll make you look cool though... :lol:
Or you're willing to search hard you can probably find a base model 2nd gen Dodge Stealth...they're pretty damn slow, but it'll make you look cool after some exterior mods! :laughing:

posted by  KhanArtisT

If your so sure your right dont argue.I clearly stated !!! Yep !!kind of!!! like that,not exacly like that i was reffering to the color :banghead: ANd i use the smillys for humor(what they were made for).I know what i saw and if talons did not come with a 6 cylinder and just an inline four then i guess it was a swap.!! Dont get so frantic over this small issue.CALLING me a dumbass and a child when your the one acting like it.GET OVER IT !!!!!!!!!!PLEASE

Does this make you happy

YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! :screwy:

NOW back to the topic!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: ::fu:

posted by  redlineracer

I've said all I have to say. Your intelligence speaks for itself(or lack thereof).

posted by  DSMer

As a final thought, I vote "lack thereof".

posted by  DodgeRida67

Sorry man that i started all this. :banghead: I was trying to find some papers on the car to scan on here to prove you wrong,well anyway it turns out it wasnt really a talon it was an eclipse.It was wrecked in the front and they replaced the front bumper with an eagle talon one.I was also was mislead by the rear bumper which said eagle talon>!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: I feel like a complete idiot,but it was actually a V6.

They just bought a junk talon to get all of these parts. :doh:

posted by  redlineracer

Now you're going to feel like even more of a complete idiot. You said it was a '93 Eclipse with a Talon front bumper. Guess what Twinkie. In '93 the only engines available in an Eclipse (or Talon) was the SOHC 1.8l four cylinder or the DOHC 2.0l four cylinder. Either way you go, IN '93 IT CAME WITH A FOUR CYLINDER. So what's it gonna be, do you want to admit you're lying at this point or keep digging your hole?

posted by  vwhobo

I wasnt surew what year it was i was using that as a binch mark to get the basic idea.Im still not sure what year it was but its a little newer than the one pictured in dsmers avatar

posted by  redlineracer

What you are doing now is called tap dancing... and you're not very good at it. The best thing you can do now is stop BSing, admit you were lying and hopefully save at least a shred of credibility for your future posts. The second best thing you can do is brush up on your spelling, and save the "I'm too lazy" or "it doesn't matter" crap for someone who cares.

posted by  vwhobo

if you want a cheap car, you cna do what i did
93 accord, h22 engine swap, i got the accord cheap cause it had a blown engine, i think like 1000 locally, and when i purchased my swap i got it for 1800 with all the wires,ecu,engine, trans, and axles a few other things too..me and a friend installed it,so we didnt have to spend the extra like 900 in mechanic bills... i donno bud but ill stick wit my car any day :thumbs:

posted by  h22youngin

i would really like to see this v6 eclipse... last i knew they had noithin but the L4 motor

posted by  mazda6man

nah your def right, i feel like a douche lol i looked at hte pics, its def a i4... lol red already stopped talkin bout it, rightfully so....

<=== feels like an idiot, first post... and i ****ed up :doh:

posted by  h22youngin

im not sure, but has any 1 heard of a v6 in a 93 eclipse/talon, i do remember that the 4 took up most of the space under the hood let alone a 6

posted by  h22youngin

A Ford Probe? Get a Chevy cavalier LS. You could get a Z24, but it cost a little bit more than what you might have to spend. I don't think a v-6 would fit inside a Talon\Eclipse. My buds got a 3000gt and his motor takes up all the space there is. Even if you did somehow manage to get a v6 under the hood, there won't be room for the battery and all that other crap.

posted by  Anbuhero

posted by  zest03

yeah i bet its a great car but i need someting that looks a little better

thanks

posted by  redlineracer

-=-=-=-

posted by  zest03

its an awsome car, i love laurels. id sport the crap out of it... only peoblem is that they dont make them here in the states

posted by  mazda6man

Really?! wow, that must suk!
yea come to think of it i dont see that many american cars here in New Zealand, only privatly imported 1's

posted by  zest03

ill sell u a talon esi for 10k.... it has 10 super chargers and 10 turbos... omg neon lights and carbon fiber spark plugs!!!! and the IAC iz like bigger than the motor omg.... crazy deal LOL

posted by  4g63

Ill only buy it if it has a 7 foot tall rear wing. And a fart cannon as a exhaust tip.

posted by  StiMan

i just wanna say that DSMer is killing the shit out of that lil kid...i kinda feel sorry for em'. :umh: Its not his fault that hes not as previleged to know as much about cars as him. He just studies too much and all that car knowlege is just crowding his lil head :laughing:

P.S. i love that THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT...that just killed it right there

posted by  rsxdude

Your Message