Ebay parts vs. Catalog parts

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Ebay parts vs. Catalog parts

Me and my friend are trying to build his '96 LS Integra that we're trying to build up basically to get more hp along with some ATX transmission parts.
Now my question is, what's the difference between these Ebay parts(which are usually a LOT less), and the parts I would order from magazines(ex. sport compact car, import tuner)?

I know the catalog parts are a lot more high quality, but I'm not sure what high quality parts are when it comes to performance...

Thanks for any help

posted by  KhanArtisT

basically, on ebay its people selling used parts, or parts they bought somewhere else and had a last minute change (a bit too late), so they wanna get rid of their stuff. so its not something about quality, just something about guarantess and new/used parts.

posted by  Inygknok

It's about like an online junkyard with new parts here and there.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Well general rule of thumb. If it looks to good to be true, then it usually is. People RARELY give away car parts, or aftermarket performance mods. Unless they are realling desperate to get rid of it, wich in that case there still can be a trick behind it. This is'nt a thing of generic drugs that are made of the same composition as the leading brands. This is a thing of one company making a far superior product than the other. Certain things can be replaced on cars with lesser expensive brands. But as with anything, you get what you pay for. Use your head and research....

posted by  DSMer

Your Message