Okay what would you do in this situation.

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Okay what would you do in this situation.

Okay, I am just looking for your opinions.

You have a maximum of $20,000 to spend to upgrade either a Mitsubishi EVO or Eclipse, or any other cheap car like that. The year can be between 1990- current date. The cars are all stock. You have to make them as fast as you can. I know this is a broad question, but please do try and answer it based on what you would do. If you need anymore specific information, then just ask.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Evo's and Eclipses are cheap? Last time I check Eclipses were average of 10K and Evos are 29K. I would'nt call that cheap by any means.

First of all, why is this in the imports area if it can be any car from 1990-2005?

Secondly, where do you come off with this question? Make them as fast as you can? Do you mean complete the cars uprgrades quickly or upgrade them to move quickly. Also what do you mean by "fast".

Too many questions and not enough detail.

posted by  DSMer

Well, used ones are cheap, I wasnt talking about the brand new ones. When I said as fast as they can, I meant speed wise. How much Horsepower, and torque. I wanted to get the most power out of it, even if that means switching the engine.(can u put a supercharged v8 into an evo or eclipse or a v10 for that matter?) If this is in the wrong section, can someone move it to the correct section please. Also what about the Acura RSX? Can one put a different more powerful engine in those? And lastly, is it possible to make any of these cars more powerful than a AMG SL55? If so, how much money would it cost?

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

ermm. why eclipse again? i wouldn't say they're the fastest unless you would go with the 2g and the stage 2 stuff that is recommended on dsmtuners.com
as for value/power why don't you go with something a bit more lighter? the eclipse gsx [i forgot the other models :laughing: because that is the only i would get] is approximately at least 3500 lbs. an 'adorable' integra would probably do better with modding. the rsx is an interesting car. i would rather use it for fuel economy however, i forget if it was high compression. and yes, you can fit anything into ANYTHING so long as you have $$$. and as for making it a very fast car, good luck. i hope your burnouts don't pop the tire... IF they even burn out.

no offense meant

sorry about punctuation

posted by  kataxist

ermm. why eclipse again? i wouldn't say they're the fastest unless you would go with the 2g and the stage 2 stuff that is recommended on dsmtuners.com
None of these cars are the fastest. 1g's are also known to be alot faster. Seems that somone should do a little homework.

as for value/power why don't you go with something a bit more lighter?
Tell me what does weight have to do with value and power? Would that be two completly different categories that have ABSOLUTLEY nothing to do with each other? Yeah thats it right there.

the eclipse gsx [i forgot the other models :laughing: because that is the only i would get] is approximately at least 3500 lbs. an 'adorable' integra would probably do better with modding.
Another falisy, not only does the Eclipse come turbo(As we all know turbos respond to mods better than N/A cars) its also AWD. This is a game of science, and if you "probably" have to guess, then you just "probably" are'nt right"

the rsx is an interesting car. i would rather use it for fuel economy however, i forget if it was high compression.
Again the compression of the car is completley irrelivant to anything hes looking for in a car. Also the subject is about what "he" wants. I highly doubt he or anyone else here gives two rats asses what you'd like in a car.

and yes, you can fit anything into ANYTHING so long as you have $$$.
Yeah is that so?

and as for making it a very fast car, good luck.
i hope your burnouts don't pop the tire... IF they even burn out.
Burnouts? Tires pop? Un huh I'm sure you're seen enough cars in your life time that have enough power to make their tires pop. Such an irrelivant piece of nothing, almost as irrelivant as you being here in the first place.

no offense meant

sorry about punctuation
Don't say sorry to us, say sorry to yourself. Its not us your harming, but yourself. No one cares if you give yourself the impression of a dumbass who does'nt know anything, oh and believe me you've done quite a great job at that. So be sorry for yourself.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about, you needldick, yada yada yada... you're a dumbas.... am I leaving anything. Oh yeah! Got something to say next time? How about a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up, think before you speak.

posted by  DSMer

Dude if your gonna answer the question, answer it. If not, dont b*tch people out! Who the hell wants to listen to somebody call him a dumass? I dont, does somebody want to second that? Anyways, speaking of drinking a cup of shut the f*ck up, why dont you get yourself some...cause you sound like an @$$hole.

posted by  dylanadams

Aww I'm sorry, did you need your diaper changed needledick? Or was your anal orafice getting sore from all those mean offensive words. How about this for a pair of boots. You can either be more resourceful with your post, because quite frankly I don't listen to little insignificants shits who have not been weened yet, or you can go die. Do both if you wish; although the ladder of the two would make me happy.

posted by  DSMer

you sound like a very pissed off nerd... :cussing:

posted by  kakapoopie

Thats funny, I was'nt aware that you could even hear my voice? Ignorance is bliss needledick :banghead: .

posted by  DSMer

hey chill, would you care to share with us what got you so pissed in the first place? i know people can get pissed from real life things and take it out in other forms...its fine...

just dont go calling everyone needledick and its stupid to try to start fights online...

i dont wanna make an enemy so fast so just chill

i can be a dumbass sometimes i admit it and everyone else has stupid moments...and if your an expert on a forum, you should be helping the "newbies" not roasting them

posted by  kakapoopie

DSM: No offence but you are picking alot of fights with alot of people. Perhaps you could tone it down?

posted by  StiMan

Who cares. He (not DSM) knows so very little about cars and starts opening his mouth before his brain starts thinking.

This topic is so utterly "american". How can I get more hp? Which one is more powerful?

If I had $20,000 to mod, I would get a "cheap" Subie WRX STi and upgrade suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, interior, audio, and a whole hell of a lot of engine work. I tune it to about 400-450hp while strengthening the internals.

posted by  abless

He he... Now you are thinking! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message