What mods should i put on my 240sx??

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What mods should i put on my 240sx??

I just got my 1998 240sx le, back from the garage, they had just finished putting in the s15 sr20dett and tranny. I also got new new tires and rims, 17" enkei's. Im thinking of putting on a greddy whole exhaust system, like a cat. maybe a hks turbo with intercooler, ram cold air intake, strut bar, turbo computer, brembos, maybe new camshaft if i can get my hands on a light or hollow cam shaft! I am going to try and turn this into a drift machine!! I know N/As are good for drifting, since the turbo cars have turbo lag, but w/ a turbo i can zoom out of corners! I know all this sounds expensive, but i really got a good deal with the car. I bought the 240sx with its original engine for 6500!! the engine was complety totaled, even better for me :D , i got the new sr for around 3000, its much better then the original engine, 250bhp compared to 155! Anyways, i do not know what i should do! The list is just some things i want to do to this car! So any comments would be helpful!!

posted by  fury604

First things first, install a limited-slip differential. Kaaz most likely makes one for later-model 240SXes. If that doesn't work, then try a quaife torque-biasing unit. A full cat-back exhaust system will yield good power gains. Next, put the car on a diet to shed some of those pounds. (A carbon fiber hood is always a nice drift-style touch and will most likely lose 20lbs.) You're going to need some seats, grippy items with lots of bolstering and harness holes. I would recommend seats from Sparco, Corbeau, Momo, and Bride. (Bride is THE seat manufacturer in Japan... many drifters use the seats and give them praise. By the way, it's pronounced "brid.") Other than using either Falken Azenis Sports or Azenis ST-515s, you'd be ready to drift. Have fun and take it easy... drifting is dangerous unless you know what you're doing.

posted by  iamane30m20nut

Seeing I'm nasty young man.

Sr20det. One t :)

Turbo cars drift very well. As they have good torque.
Turbo lag, factory s15 isn't laggy at all. Boost comes in at 2,000 to 2,500.
Turbo computer.... I think you mean ecu or ems.
Hks Turbo.. just get a GT2530 from garrett (Ball bearing T35 compressor & t25 exhaust). There cheaper and will give you excellent mid range power.
Cam shaft, there no point touching that. You would do adjustable cam gears before ya touched them

As for drifting, no need to make the front liter. Just take the spare tyre out to make the arse liter :) And hard suspension helps

posted by  57ock

Your Message