eclipse shuts down when car brakes

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  eclipse shuts down when car brakes

hi my friends car shuts down every stop lights...well not every but its kinda random. its pretty annoying.. you guys know whats wrong?

posted by  slantedeyez

More Info

posted by  Flame Roller

well the eclipse is manual. i dont think its because he's new, because ive seen him drive. just recently the car shuts off without warning, the car doesnt shake or anything, it just feels like the car is losing power. n then it shuts off n u need to start it up again.

posted by  slantedeyez

Maybe your friend just can't drive a manual car. Ever take that into consideration?

posted by  DSMer

nah he can..hes in a local street racing crew...just that there all amatuers lol.
he also has an intergra ls n he drives it fine.. its just the eclipse.

posted by  slantedeyez

Un huh, local "Street Racing Crew" eh? I'll stick to my original theory. He can't drive stick. Not all cars are the same, driving an Integra does'nt justify being able to drive an Eclipse.

posted by  DSMer

lol...ur rite...ionno he drove the eclipse for about 3 or 4 years now...i dont think that he cant drive it...lol his skills just cant magically "dissappear" xD :orglaugh:

posted by  slantedeyez

Too manny possibilities of "why cars shut off". Take it to an ASE. Maybe he'll tell your friend that he forgot to put gas in it. Maybe the clutch is bad. I don't know and I don't care to resolve it. Take it to a certified mechanic.

posted by  DSMer

Maybe his idol is set to low, but without more info we can't really tell you.

posted by  Zalight

he meant "idle".... not idol....

posted by  Inygknok

Then why respond in the first place. You don't know don't care, save your :2cents:

posted by  Swift

is the air conditioning on? if you idle is too low, the a/c can push the motor to the point of stall.

posted by  Low Impedance

Who the hell are you? I find it intruiging that every day some piss ant newbie tries to come in here waiving his own 2cents arround while trying to defer somone elses. Come to think of it, why did YOU respond? Did you answer any relative questions within the thread? Does your post even have a purpose other than to ramble a few insignificant lines of shit? Are you just that inept to the point you need some assistance in answering questions? Are you so obtuse that you just can't help yourself from violently typing words? Or is it that you're such a hipcrit you can't resist being one for anymore than a few minutes...

Please tell us, inquiring minds are dying to know.....

posted by  DSMer

I'm sure this thread will clear it all up for you.

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9887

Now, after you've struggled through that I can tell you EXACTLY why I chose to add my "two cents."

Let's examine your response to my post frame by frame, leaving out the filler.

I find it funny how your first line of defense is the amount of time, or lack there of, that I've spent posting here on this wonderful breeding ground for automotive hack jobs. Correct, I am a "noob" to this wasteland, and that means what? So I guess since you've spent every waking moment compiling your 1,356 posts with such insightful content such as "I don't know and I don't care to resolve it" that makes you some sort of guru? Please! The truth is you come to this board daily to feel accepted since your pathetic existence outside of this "inner circle" is bleak and dull. You are the piss ant; I am merely opening your eyes to that fact. Do you find it fun to belittle others because you've acquired a bit of knowledge before them? Ha! Is that how you escape from your reality? Too bad for you. Point being, if you had no intention of helping the guy with his problem then why bother even speaking. He didn't directly ask you. So what, you know more about cars than he does, big deal! He probably knows more about sex than you, should we start making fun of you and your soiled sheets? Would that make you feel good? Would it help you get women? EXACTLY! I do however admire your attempt to use your new word of the day from your day calendar (obtuse & inept) but it's hypocrite, not hipcrit. As far as me being a hypocrite, no, you can consider me a vigilante, the Robin Hood of arguments if you will. I am the bully that bullies the bullies and I am eager to burst the bubbles of hot air that you seem to be so full of. As for me being inept, what was your response to his question? “I don't know and I don't care to resolve it.” RIIIIIIIIGHT, perhaps you need to look up that definition again. It was obvious that he did not know what he was talking about. Why do you think that he is here? That’s a rhetorical question by the way. He was simply trying to ask a question. All people need to start somewhere, right? So what he doesn't know much about cars, that gives you the right to "flame" him? Yet he remained humble throughout the entire thread, something you could take a lesson on. The thought that you would even dare reply with your blasphemous retort is absurd. Right about now you should be finding yourself a mirror and taking a good long look.

posted by  Swift

Haha, damn that was hilarious. Especially the entire part of me needing to feel part of a whole. Whew.... only a simple minded idiot like you can concieve such things. You may banter on etc etc... but the point of the matter is have you answer his question? Absolutley Not. Plain and simple, your actions serve no purpse other than to toot your own horn...

Secondly, I was'nt refering to you as a "newb" of time. Rather a "newb" of the mind. Any idiot who would stop time out of his day to go "Hey stop being unfair to him all he asked was a question" could only be a simple minded newb himself. Do you stop on the street to resolve every argument in the world? Or is it that YOU want to feel special by saying something here and now... I vote for the latter of the two. More importantly you attempted to resolve a question without giving an answer... Yet I'm the one who should'nt be posting,"yeah right"....

Lastly, and probably the most importantly my 1,300+ something post have absoultley nothing to do with anything. While it is evidently true over 900 of them are meaningful information(see for yourself dickwad as I answered even the stupidest of questions asked by none other than you) that does'nt justify any of my actions. I answered the question and I added my two cents. Quite frankly thats more than you could ever say. Now scramble along you little piss ant, you've got more annoying newbish questions to ask and many more things to do than futilely battle with the likes of me.

posted by  DSMer

:laughing:

DSMer teach'em how to write in paragraphs while you're at it, don't think he realizes how much of a pain in the ass it is to read one big block of words.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

:laughing: Nonsense, I can barley errect correct punctuation, spelling, and grammer at even my best times of the day. Surley I shant be expected for somone like him to par or even succumb to such a stressful task. :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

:laughing: Well surely you can, all you need is a few beer and you're good to go. If you get stressed, well, drink more! Just make sure you have at least a 6 pack with you at all times... I'm sure it'd be a very stressful job, so, you might as well just go and get a 40... I'm sure your grammar is still better than his while plastered.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

No, on the street I handle things totally different. However this is not the street so there is no need to venture down that isle. I do see that I must have struck a nerve in that pathetic cobweb infested cranium of yours, but I also see that you still have absolutely no understanding of the message the syntax contained. I have learned over the years that it is useless to try and teach the dim or those that lack the wit to acknowledge their own faults, none the less I will continue to call you on your abrasive behavior when needed.

posted by  Swift

Iono, I'm not much of a drinker, but I do have an awfully horrible headache. I'll keep your advice handy. *Takes Notes* "Beer, six pack and 40 oz. drink". Oh yeah I gotcha :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

Haha, on the streets. Right I suppose your next words would have been: I"ll whup your ass? :laughing: Haha, or how about I'm 6'3" 220lbs of muscle I'll whup your ass? My god you're pathetic. As you can see YOU are the only one who seems to have a problem with my methods of teaching. Call out whatever you'd like, me and more intelligible members of the forum will simply exclude insignificant shits like you whilst we laugh at your idiocy. I happen to like it better that way, so have a nice day needledick. :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

I see the twits travel in packs. Did DSMer call you to hold his cock while he speaks or do you just do that subconsciously? Needless to say, my grammar is in perfect working order. I am not the one that talks of hipcrits now am I? I see you two have had a rough day of either beating your "better halves" or watching your mothers beaten by your pathetic father figures. I will now leave you to what ever business it is you gentlemen, or ladies, do when people are not making you use your combined single digit IQ's

posted by  Swift

:laughing: hahahahaha

*ignores the stupidity coming out of swifts mout... fingers"

Let's play a guessing game.

"I'm cool because I come on the internet to bash people because I can't bash anybody in the real world because they'd beat the boogers outta me"

Who am I?

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Actually I'm 6'4" 197. Close though, I'll give you that.

posted by  Swift

You said it not me

posted by  Swift

Wow, I always thought that the reason the human race has developped the way it did is because we work together, therefore, wouldn't it be the other way around? The twits are the loners? :laughing:

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Ponder that thought while you drown your sorrows in that six pack buddy. Cheers! :thumbs:

posted by  Swift

Haha You're sad, im not wasting my time on you, I could be doing something useful.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Wow DSMer, as I was looking at some posts I saw an odd sight.

"Hmm, so becuase you're confronted with reasonable response to your actions(wich were very dumb), you try n come up with some childish respone like "Why must you whine?". "

Hmmm, fancy that. Do you remember saying that? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I think I've proved my point. At this point either you're a hypocrite or a complete idiot, although I think you are dangerously close to both. This is my last response to you and your band of cloaked elfin creatures creeping from the trenches to help you in your quest to prove your manhood while they live vicariously through your senseless confabulation.

posted by  Swift

Wow, its great to see some of us can still use a thesaurus :laughing: . Umm, did'nt I stop talking to you several hours ago, its amazing how long you can hold a conversation with somone who's not even there.

"Live through your quest to proove your manhood", "Cloaked elfin creatures", "tiny trenches". Seems somone has had a little too much time in mothers basement playing childish games. When you're ready to play ball with the big boys let me know.... I'll be waiting :wink2: .

posted by  DSMer

Great, another flawless display of your IN-telligence. Geez, how DO you come up with these things? It is more than obvious that you are so idiotic you are oblivious to the fact that you are wrong. Keep those shades closed to reality buddy, it really shows your true personality, although you can't understand the humor in that.

posted by  Swift

Alright internet-thugs lets stop the cat-fight.

posted by  slvracurarsx03

push in the clutch when you brake :banghead: :screwy:

posted by  toyota

push in on the clutch u idiot dang my 6 year old son races with a manual kart

posted by  smokin' joe

really? Try to remember that the next time you want to hit that 'reply' button.

posted by  Godlaus

I could have sworn you said "This is my last response to you" a response before this one. We're not going back on our words now are we? Surley we are'nt that childish, or maybe you just are. Now what did mommy teach you about owning up to your promises?

posted by  DSMer

Haha. I see that you love telling people they are childish when you are backed in to a corner. Yet I think the most childish sentence in this entire spat is the last one you made. Like I said keep those shades closed if it helps you feel like a better person. I have no intention of giving you the satisfaction of thinking you actually won this confrontation. You speak as though you truly believe you have some sort of elevated intelligence when the fact is you are nothing more than a conceited, arrogant nobody eager to show off his ability to look like an ass. It is hysterically funny how much of a hypocrite you are and how well you ATTEMPT to create double standards that seem to benefit only you. Give up young lad and find a small crawl space to lick your wounds. I will gladly refrain from any more of my DEAD ON psychological analyses and allow you to let these revelations sink in to your extremely thick skull.

posted by  Swift

Aww shucks, I was almost sad there for a moment. When you said its your last response I figured that you'd never talk to me again. Oh no! What am I to do? But luckily for me you're a bullshiter, so I could'nt actually expect you to be honest with your words now could I. You entertain me my guinea pig, now think of something witty and clever to say so that I may laugh at you yet again....

Cmon! It does'nt have to be about winners and looser. Ok fine you win, but say something funny and witty again? Please... don't make me beg now :wink2: .

posted by  DSMer

Yes, that's it, I am a bullshitter. I'm sure there's a fun and exiting story to go along with how you came up with that notion. However, I grow tired of your ignorance. We can see that you are just reaching now, aren't you? Poor kid, I left you with nothing to fall back on but your big head and senseless comebacks.

posted by  Swift

Maybe the clutch is slipping. Or the problem with the throttle.

My car used to lose power everytime I used to move from a stationary position.
I took it to the machanic and it was the throttle. But your problem sounds strange. Loosin power when you slow down? never heard of it. Take it to the professionals bro, they should know the problem and nip it in the bud. Sorry can't of much help. :oops:

posted by  speeder

Quite simple. You said your last response was several responses ago. You are still responding.... Need anymore explaining of what a "bullshitter" is?

Dammit, I said say something funny. Tell me about mountain trolls and elfin creatures. You better start thinking up more clever stuff to say. I'm not wasting precious minutes of my life for nothing. Now I command you my guinea pig, entertain me!

posted by  DSMer

Like I thought, REACHING. There is such a thing as a change of plans, or have you never done that? I would be almost as idiotic as you to let you continue to speak nonsense as I sat quietly. If that qualifies me as a bullshitter then surely you are the biggest bullshitter of all. As far as your entertainment is concerned, it is quite lame that you would even suggest that your main source of entertainment is being made a fool of. However, I can see then why you are so eager to keep this conversation going. Perhaps you need to consider finding a woman, or some real friends aside from your official cock stools like 88GrandPrixSE, that only consider you an intellect or anything more than a pompous jackass because somehow by some freak occurrence they have actually found a way to become more pathetic than even you.

posted by  Swift

Aww my guinea pig is mad. Everything will be ok I promise... :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

I am serious you internet-thugs, dont make me pull out ma 9 :ticking:

Again, you totally missed what I said and interpreted it in some odd yet typical DSMer fashion. No wonder you have no friends, your brain is defective.

posted by  Swift

hahahah thats funny shit Swift. DSMer has no women and friend hahahaha... I didnt know that DSMer.. I feel sad for you.

posted by  CarEXPERT

:guns: You guys made me pull out ma 9

check the iac and the o2s

posted by  4g63

looks like there is an Essay contest goin on in the second page on this topic :mrgreen:

anyways...to the original starter of this thread....

Ignition coil might be the case :hi: ...but honestly, i am just taking guesses...its best to take the car to a shop and have the pro's to check it out.

and ummm....check this out also....http://www.deadeclipse.com

it might be useful to 00+ Eclipse owners

posted by  nissanTFsx

Hey DSMer is that your Talon. That looks like the one in the Import Challenge in Sport Compact Car Magazine with the MR2 that won.

posted by  desertsoldier22

If it is then props to your mechanical skills. If it is'nt,well its still a badass car.
6-bolt 4g63=reliability+insanepower

posted by  desertsoldier22

Does he push the clutch in when he brakes....? :screwy:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Your Message