Supra TT vs STi

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Supra TT vs STi

im just curious...stock supra tt vs sti....hmmm

posted by  soljahx

I gotta go with an STi, but once again this thread is just pure opinions. I cant even find any HP quotes for a Supra TT, so I guess this could show that there are more fans for a STi, but some Supras have some bite! :ohcrap: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Gen 3 Supra TT:
0-60 in 4.9secs
QM in13.6@103 mph

according to sport compact car

posted by  Zalight

It's a (not so) little thing called Google. Try it out sometime.

http://www.google.com/

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

General Information
Price: $40,000
Miles Per Gallon: 18/23 mpg
Curb Weight: 3515 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo Inline-6
Displacement: 2997 cc
Horsepower: 320 bhp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 315 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 6800 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.9 sec
0-100 mph: 11.8 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.6 sec @ 106 mph
Skidpad: .94g
Top Speed: 155 mph
http://www.fast-autos.net/toyota/97supra.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

General Information
Price: $30,995
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: 3263 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: Turbocharged Flat-4
Displacement: 2457 cc
Horsepower: 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 300 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 7000 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.8 sec
0-100 mph: 12.9 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.2 sec @ 104 mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: --- mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 111 ft
Slalom Speed: 69.1 mph
http://www.fast-autos.net/subaru/04sti.jpg

posted by  abless

Only reason STi wins the quarter is because it grips earlier. TT Supra would beat it in a freeway race flat out. 2JZGTTE's tranny is geared for top speed, while the EJ20T's is geared for flat acceleration and lighting shifts - rally style baby.

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

Everyone bow down now, this guy is import god... :drool:

posted by  S_DemonSpeed_S

Is that so? Well the only reason a Supra would beat an STi on a flat drive fowards is "because" its a RWD platform.

Its not BECAUSE, its "The STi beats the Supra in the quarter mile". BECAUSE the STi is the better car, not just BECAUSE it can grip. Toyota was given equal oppurtunity to create a car, but BECAUSE they did'nt they have a very heavy, mal efficient drag car now don't they?

I don't understand whats up with you people and listing defeats in a performancea particular class as if they were unfair. No ifs, ands, buts, or because's. The Impreza WRX STi will dominate over the Supra in a realistic world. BECAUSE not everyone "races" on highways for long straights. BECAUSE some people drive their cars to work and back. BECAUSE some people need more than just a car that can go 155mph. BECAUSE the Impreza WRX STi is more realistic with passenger space, cargo room, comfortable interior, saftey, handling, and performance. BECAUSE these two are'nt even in the same class of car, they should'nt be compared. You want something fair to compare throw a 350Z at a Supra.

Its not because, it just IS.

posted by  DSMer

:clap:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Well lets see.... An sti gets what, 255whp with its single turbo...is a four door....but is all wheel drive.

I'm sure a TWINTURBO supra with two doors (less weight) would certainly overpower an STi. The only thing the sube has over the supra is drivetrain. Awd has a tendency to just yank on the road, and not break traction nearly as much...
Also, are we talking about a road coarse? Or a drag strip? Either way, I think the supra would win.

posted by  b_DuB13

I have bad habit of not reading the whole thread. But oh well I was right either way.

posted by  b_DuB13

Um ..... yeah, it's like you said .... they are different types of cars. What I stated was completely true. They are GEARED at different types of racing. I'm not the one who compared them in the first place. Don't get all uppity. :fu: The guy asked Stock Supra vs STi ..... now most people took this as pure power, wich I responded to. If it came down to it, I'd take an STi because I'd rather do autocross than drag. Lot more fun. So congradulations on being a dick for no damn reason. They AREN'T in the same class, and I didn't portray them as such.

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

That may not be a good idea, he cant even spell Acceleration (excelleration) correctly. :ohcrap: :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

That leads to more turbo lag. STi: 4 cylinders, 2.5 liters to spool one turbo. Supra: 6 cylinders, 3 liters to spool two turbos. I would rather have a single turbo Supra. It may have less power, but it would spool up faster.

No. Actually, the Supra weighs more.

I don't.

posted by  abless

:thumbs: to you buddy .... I had just gotten out of bed when I made that post .... and you're gonna quibble about spelling? I still know my shit. But whatever you want to believe.

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

While you believe that you may "know your [stuff]", you fail to forget one simple objective within your original statements. Sure we both know they are'nt in the same class, there is no need to state that. What you have forgotten is that you gave a reasoning for why the STi can accelerate faster than a Supra. Well no shit, because they are two completly different car classes. No shit that AWD has better acceleration than RWD cars. If we were'nt aware of that then there would be some serious implications on our own minds now would'nt there. However, simply listing the fact that one car has an advantage over the other "because" of something puts them in a general genre. Otherwise categorizing them as the same genre. I'll give you an example that should be easy to follow, even for the likes of you.

Music group A is better than music group B because they have a better lead singer. While Group A could be rock and group B could be country, specifying that one is better because of something esle puts them in a general category. Now if somone who had no idea or the likes of either STi or Supra read that post. They would only be lead to assume that the two cars are in the same class, simply because you gave an excuse for one being greater than the other. In cars of different classes, excuses are'nt needed, they are allready warrented by the allready specified class.

No shit an AWD Rally car will accelerate faster than a RWD sports car. That is a given, but specifying otherwise could only mean that you are attempting to group the two together. Point being, it was non essential information and could have easily lead a newbie car person into believing the two were in the same class. Thus spread general ignorance and stupidity. Now just because somones been feeding you the shit end of the stick does'nt mean you have to return the favor now does it?

posted by  DSMer

How do you have two huge posts stating the same one sentance point multiple times?

I was responding to the point of view of "STi vs Twin Turbo Supra" .... end of story. I never said they were the same class. It's a FACT, the sti will grip faster and accelerate faster. It's a FACT that the supra is gonna have a higher top speed. Explain how I'm spreading ignorance and stupidity? God, you're a gonad.

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

Its called repetition. Maybe it will get through the thick membranes of your scull. No ones questioning the validity of your statements. If I repeated it that many times surley you should have gotten the point in the first place, but as it is appearently evident... you did not.

posted by  DSMer

I get your point ... I got it before you made it .... they're completely different kinds of cars. You, however do not seem to be getting mine. :banghead:

AN STI ACCELERATES FASTER.
A SUPRA HAS A HIGHER TOP SPEED.

What's so hard to understand?

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

where to start... first, your a jackass because you cant even spell SKULL, secondly, Ek_Eran_Ek was leaving it out there as what would really happen, never in any of his posts did he say that they were in the same class or said anything about anything other than freeway racing... so back the F*** down, unless you want to continue to embarass yourself, im sure everyone has gotten the point... friggin Mo

posted by  S_DemonSpeed_S

I love DSMer's posts. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

As do I.
I also like dumbass noobs trying to argue with him, horribly. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Haha, yeah don't you just love them STi. Then they try to make me out as the bad guy... I mean look at this piss ant.

Oooh, watch out Mr.Spellcheck. Needless to say he can not seem to correctly capitalize his scentences. I could go through and point out your grammatical errors all I wanted but I choose not to. I have better things to accomplish in my life. Unlike you, I have goals, real knowledge, and common sense. Haha, I laugh at his idiocy. After repetively typing post to get my point across this dumbass and original dumbass can not seem to grasp anything short of a tube made of sandpaper.

Again, if you want to realize why I came to the conclusion that I did there are a few scentences above that explain it all. Even easily understood for you two needledicks.

Thank you for telling me that. For the 3rd and final time, no one is questioning the validity of those statements. No shit, I allready know that information. I could explain it 70x's over while sleeping in a deep coma.

Enough of this, I shant argue with people of your stature.

posted by  DSMer

Ok, that's it. I tried to give this forum a chance. Really, I did. But I try to post helpful, useful, FACTUAL information, and people rip it down because they ASSUME I think two completely different cars are in the same vehicle class. I'm done. No more posts from me. Whatever you people want to beleive in your own little world is fine. Keep telling yourself that I'm ignorant, and don't know what I'm talking about, and that I have a "needledick" as you so politely put it. Whatever helps you sleep at night, guys. So I'm out.

PS - SOMEONE BAN ME

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

Bye. :screwy:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Lol... if you are a bitch and a pussy and cant hold up, I dont think you belong here anyways, but lets see what his bitch S_DemonSpeed_S has to say about this. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

DSM, you need to watch it, you're scaring people away, and EK_Eran_Ek sounded like he knew something about cars. Please, don't let you're seniority at this forums carry away your logical thought. You need to not offend people, as you do scare them away. Please, don't do anything stupid, as if you (and probably will) ban me, I can use proxies to get around the ban, and I will have the last word. Please, this is not a diss, but rather a desperate struggle to get you to start thinking clearly. You have 2 n00bs kissing your ass, so you think you're right? Please.

DSM, you mis-spelled sentences, but I let it fly.

BTT, i choose the STi over the supra.

posted by  Godlaus

Oh look its little bo beep and hes came to help his bitches. Ban you? Pfft, I could care less. Why ban you when I can openly discuss you. Hell even if I could theoretically ban people. Why would I care? Ooh watch out the last word. That means so much in a childs mind. I'll stop with you right here If I please. As a matter of fact I will. I don't have time to argue with idiots.. I have things to do, more informative post to write, and work..

Have a nice day dumbass :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

How can he ban people when he isnt even a mod? I want to hear this... :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

He's been around that I imagine he has some influence with people who have power.

Is your will the same as gods now?

ignorance is bliss

posted by  Godlaus

He hasnt been around as long as I have and, trust me on this, we have no influence as to who the mods put on probation, or what not, atleast from what I can tell. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

okay, just that was how it worked at my old forum. Sooo, my n00b brain is still adapting.
BTT
we need the original poster to clear this up, as the fastes in the 0-30 is probably the STi (a skyline is faster than a mclaren f1 in the launch after all), but in the long straightaway, I'm sure the supra is faster. What are the weight power ratios? Anybody know?

posted by  Godlaus

You don't need anyone to clear the information up. You're simply chasing your tail arround the basic information that was listed onver 10 post ago. If it is evidently true that a Supra can get from 0-100 faster than a Subaru but can not get through the quartermile faster than the Subaru. Both cars finish the quarter mile at over 100mph so this tells one thing.

The Subaru reaches its peak Horsepower and Torque output slightly later than the Supra(Hey what do you know, the Supra peaks at 5600 and 6000 for the STi)

Both cars have 6-Gears and at 106mph the Subaru will be inches ahead of the Supra. Both cars are limited to a 155MPH top speed, so unless both cars are track tested at some sort of top speed testing track with no limiters we won't know who's fasters in a straight away. OH! But wait dumbshits! Thats what the f*cking quartermile was made for? It turns out that a quartermile drag race IS a straight away.

You all seem to be developing a case of mental retardation. They did'nt create a quartermile race for nothing. In the event that you have some legitimate reason to know which car will be faster on the straight away you'll need to know the top speed. Whomever has the highest top speed is the fastest of the two. Hmm... makes since does it not? Straight aways don't have bracket lights and they don't have an ending light. Whomever hits the highest top sped wins. Because if an STi is traveling at 172MPH and a Supra is traveling at 169MPH iregardless to who got ahead of who first, the STi will win in the long run because as we all know objects that travel faster than slower objects eventually catch up and surpass them. Quite simple is'nt it? Appearently not because some of you can not seem to grasp it...

posted by  DSMer

^^^tis why I will probably never argue with dsmer.
He is LEET, bitches.

posted by  b_DuB13

That's wrong.
Twin Turbos have less lag than single turbos. I'll explain.

Twin turbos are often used to reduce turbo lag. They do this by making one of the turbos smaller and lighter (and weaker) than the other, so that it spools up faster. The other turbo is usually larger, and requires high rpm to began spooling properly. The smaller turbo is there to bridge the gap between no turbo boost, and the big turbo boost from the larger turbo charger. Twin turbos are smoother and easier to modulate than single turbos.

When a ridiculous amount of power is being asked from the turbos (such as the Bugatti Veyron), they use multiple turbos to bridge the gap and try to reduce turbo lag. The Veyron uses 4. Bugatti could have gotten the same amount of power that they did from a single turbo, but the car would have been practically undriveable because the turbo lag would have been so bad.

Ek_Eran_Ek was cool. Why'd you bitches run him off?

posted by  What

By the way, I'd choose the Supra because the engine was built so strongly, that you hardly need any reinforcements when tremendous amounts of power is added to it.

800 hp Supras exist that have practically stock internals. No Sti could do that.

posted by  What

Well you should take into the consideration that the engine is built on an I6 iron platform. Back when the Supra was made iron blocks were the thing. Nowadays car companies use lighter more efficient aluminum castings to create the engines. The fact that a Supras engine can hold 800HP on stock internals has no weight in any decision factor, or at least it should'nt.

Thats a very blanket statement. Where are you going with it? What is this 800HP going do to? As I've stated before, usless horsepower means nothing when it comes time to use it. If a 600AWHP STi can skyrocket through the quartermile faster than 800WHP Supra then what basis will being able to hold that power on stock internals mean? What does having a stronger stock engine over a lighter, more efficient aluminum prove? Its not as if the Subarus engine can not hold high power outputs, so whats your point to that statement?

posted by  DSMer

No, it's not useless horsepower. An 800 hp Supra will beat a 600 hp STi. When you get that high in horses, you don't race on the street, you race on a drag strip, and you use slicks. But I'm not suggesting that Supras should be bought to be made into 800 hp monsters. No, I didnt. Dumb bitch, I was saying that a Supra's engine can handle 800 hp on stock internals if you choose to go that high. In other words, if you decide to mod a Supra, you can be confident that your engine won't blow.

Ya dumbass bitch, strong stock internals are important because that's less money you have to pay upgrading and buying sh*t to strengthen your engine.

Stop trying to be a poet, or a philosopher.

posted by  What

I guess that I should also add that I would choose the Supra because it looks better.

posted by  What

That ones up for debate.

posted by  GreekWarrior

No, it isn't. Unless the driver sucks, there is no reason for an 800 hp Supra with slicks to lose to a 600 hp STi with slicks.

You have no f*cking idea what you are talking about.

posted by  What

Just because car A has more power then car B dosen't mean that car A will win. There are other factors other that power to consider.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Factors like what? What factor does the Sti have over a Supra that will overcome a 200 hp disadvantage.

posted by  What

The Sti has AWD, a closer gear ratio and is lighter. The supra having 800hp would suffer from traction problems, even with slicks. Traction problems start occuring at 600hp, the reason for this is because the supra has too much torque for it own good. For that reason when supras are used in japanese circuit races the 2JZ is usually swaped out for either a 4 cylinder or V8, I've even seen many people use RB26's from GTR's simply because the produce LESS torque. So the equation isn't all ways as simple as More Horsepower = More speed.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Top fuel dragsters don't have traction problems. How many horses do they carry?

I don't know what slicks you're talking about, but any decent pair of slicks will have no problem handling 800 hp. AWD will only help the STi slightly off of the line, and the 250 lb. weight advantage that it has is sucked up easily by the 200 HORSEPOWER advantage the Supra would have.

With only a 15 horsepower advantage, and the lack of slicks, the Supra is only a few ticks slower through the quarter mile, but has a higher trap speed. I'm sure if you add 185 horsepower and slicks to that advantage, the gap would be eclipsed.

Be logical.

I'm willing to bet that a 600 hp STi would be slower than an Enzo through the 1/4 mile. For comparison, the 800 hp Hennessey Viper can run the quarter mile in the low 10's with a trap speed above 140 mph.....WITHOUT SLICKS.

posted by  What

I don't care about SLICKS, I'm trying to make a point that just because the supra has 200hp more than the Sti does not mean it's faster. Where's your proof? You've just expressed your opinion. As for the top fuel dragsters they have had extensive work done to them, we are comparing STREET cars here not drag cars.

posted by  GreekWarrior

As I am obviously clear that the point went completley over your head. Your point contains one of two flaws. You're going off the basis that it cost more to upgrade a Subaru simply because it can't hold power on its stock internals?

Who said anything about racing on a street? Did those words come out of my post? No they did'nt

You can be confident that a Supra's engine won't burst under 800HP?

Is that so What? I garauntee if I bought 10 about 9 or more would catastrophically fail under that kind of power. Thats not opinion, thats pure fact from years of experience and learning from others with decades.

What evidence do you have to prove that a Supra can handle 800
on "practicly stock" internals. Where is this car? Where is this statement coming from? Or are you just blowing hot air out of your ass? Can you prove a bit of anything you've said using reference to either a factual Supra? Do you know what that person did down to the last bolt tightened on that Supra? Prove this, becasue you're throwing arround big boy words, so wheres you're "big dick" to back it up.

I've come to you with a reasonable challenge. Theres no need to get offenseive and try to slander your way out of a reasonable car disucssion. You say you like to talk about cars, then lets talk. Get your proof them come to the table....

Second main flaw. Supras have stopped production almost 10 years ago. So the odds of you finding one in pristine condition are slim to none. However a brand new STi can be bought tomorrow. So you mean to tell me that you'll have to spend more money not restoring the engine on a brand new Subaru than you will giving the Supra a tune-up and possibly rebuilding engine? You're just supposed to slap 800HP worht of equipment on a Supra and its just going to work? Explain to me how exactly can you get 800HP from a Supra without touching the engine's internals? You're going to jump from 300-800HP with mere bolt-ons? Thats a new one. I'd like to see the proof to back that up..

Where do you get slicks from? Why is it that you keep changing the terms of engagement. Again you fail to realize my original theory of useless horsepower. Just because a car has 800HP does not mean its all used. How is it that Jhon Sheppards Talon(rated at 650HP at the run) can beat Titan motorsports Supra(rated at over 800HP) in a quartermile race? The same way its plausible for a STi with 200 less hp to beat a 800HP Supra.

Haha, thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Top fuel dragsters do have traction problems. If they did'nt so many of them would'nt loose traction and crash.

posted by  DSMer

Years of experience? Please. You rank as one of the dumbest members here. You thought Acura was domestic. You thought Acuras were built and designed in America. Ha ha! Everyone knows that Acuras are just rebadged Hondas that were already designed, built, and tested in Japan.

If you had "years of experience", you'd know that the Supra engine was Toyota's best turbo engine, and you'd know how well it holds up. Here are a few quotes from a few magazines about what they think about the Supra:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/26638/

http://www.modernracer.com/history/toyotasupraturbohistory.html

http://www.supercars.net/garages/imprezawrx14/10v2.html

http://www.projectgsx.com/tech/10best.html

The Supra's engine is legendary dude. If you really were experienced, you'd know that.

posted by  What

SP Engineering Supra eh... Meh I'll give you partial credit as they have actully created a 805HP Supra on what they claim to be stock internals. However, even they "can't really recommended it for daily use and [they] cannot determine how much more the stock engine will take". So thats not really holding the power now is it? None the less, they have still gotten it although I was expecting a Supra with 800HP on stock that was in some sort of automotive competition, but it i'll do. I'll have to say I suspected that one for I read that article in TurboMag a few years back.

Oh yeah you also left out two other points.
1.) Prove that it cost less to upgrade a Supra than it does an STi.
2.) Keeping in mind that the Supra is almost 10 years old and should require some maintainence before the actual performance begins.

posted by  DSMer

The amount of Hp in an engine has no effect on speed. An Abrams tank on the front lines in Iraq has a 1500 Horsepower turbine engine, useing What's logic it could break a 600 hp STi in seconds... so lets look shall we: Oh! The top speed is only 45 mph. Sorry What! Hp that is as high as the 600 hp STi and the 800 hp Supra does not make that much of a difference, dont get me wrong though, 200 hp is a decent amount, but with a stock (body, suspension, drivetrain) Supra with 800 hp vs. a customized 600 hp STi, there are very few chances that the Supra would win. Even if the STi was stock it would have the fact that it would be lighter and have more traction going for it.

Info from http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m1-intro.htm

posted by  StiMan

You stupid dumb f*ck, a tank weighs tons. The Supra is only 300 lbs. more than an STi. A 300 pound disadvantage can be easily overcame with 200 extra horses. I did not say horsepower was everything. I know that there are other factors. But the advantage that the Sti has in those "other" factors is small. Those "factors" definitely aren't big enough to overcome a 200 hp disadvantage.

I repeat:
A Supra is only 200-300 lbs. heavier than an STi. What would you rather for your car, lose 300 lbs, or gain 200 hp? This conversation is a joke. How could you people be so f*cking stupid.

posted by  What

You're damn right this is a joke. You remind me of a cheap ass polotician. Notice how you only choose to respond to questions that can only be answered to benefit your original statments. You have yet to conclude why, if any relevance at all, its important that a Supra can hold 800HP on stock internals. You've also failed to mention any information regarding a Supras expenses towards that of an STi. You still can't seem to come up with an answer of how a 5-10 year old car can cost less to improve than a brand new one.

Is it because you have no answers?

Or becuase you know you're wrong?

You've simply done nothing but run arround questions and answers to make yourself seem correct. You've left over 4 of my questions un answered. A joke, no this is rediculous. You don't know nor do you have the proof to anwswer any of those questions I asked you. Bounce arround if you'd like. You're simply an ignorant piece of shit. You don't know, never knew, and probably never will know at your rate of anything relevant to substancial information regarding these topics. Yet again, you've reduced yourself even further down the chain than you've allready slipped. Your own hipocritic actions are simply your fate. You claim you like to talk about cars, but when the time comes you just can't stand the heat.

You're right this conversation is a joke. I'm through with this as every obvious piece of inteligible information has been voided by the derth of intelligence and the abundance of ignorance...

posted by  DSMer

It is important that a Supra's stock internals can withstand lots of power because it saves you money, time, and fustration. That's common sense DSMer. All you need to do is buy bolt-ons for the Supra. Most cars will need extensive reinforcement for the engine internals, which is very expensive. Also, if you're paying someone to do it for you, your labor bill will be very high. ALSO, if you don't reinforce everything, and "forget" or skip over a particular part, you'll break something, and be forced to sit your car. There are so many advantages of having a car whose engine is already reinforced for serious modifications.

Unless you buy a golden turbo charger for the Supra, I don't think an Sti would be cheaper to extensively modify than a Supra.

Dude, do you really have experience with cars? Older cars are much easier and cheaper to modify than newer ones. Why do you think you see so many 5.0 Mustangs on the drag strip? Newer cars have pesky computers and also, most high production cars use lighter, less "tough", cost-effective materials....not good for modifications. An STi computer chip will be more than a Supras.

posted by  What

I don't think you realise how valueable a Supra engine is. Why do you think the Supra is idolized so much? The Supra and the Nissan Skyline have excellent engines that hardcore racers desire because of their tunability and strength.

Some people buy a whole Supra just to take the engine and swap it to another car. It's practically a pre-prepped engine.

posted by  What

Correct it makes sense to have an allready strong engine, but engines wear down overtime. I've seldomly seen a Supra with under 40-80K and I highly doubt the total rigidity of that engine still exist after years of being mistreated by god knows what with god knows who.

Yes older cars are easy to mod, but a Supra is'nt old enough to the point it does'nt have sophisticated electronics and its not exactly young enough to not have bad mileage.

Correct, newer cars do tend to cost more in the upgrade category but what you have left out is that a Supra is one of those cars that seems to maintain value. Bolt-ons for a Supra are indded expensive. However, the STi responds well to mods and while it is a newer car the bolt-ons are just a tad bit less than your average Supra.

The basic point being is that all older cars take time and money to restore to factory-like conditon. Time and money that newer cars should'nt need. A Subaru only has 4 cylinders and when you're in the 600HP range you're no newbie so I'm going to say you're doing these mods yourself or with your own personal team. Its not going to cost nearly as much as you claim it to be to replace pistons and valve train in a STi. Not to mention the money that will be spent on the Supras suspension and drivetrain to keep it planted on the ground. Its going to take more than 800HP of bolt-ons to make a Supra as bad as you say it is..

Yes the Supra is a great car, but if these two were compared in a realistic world the STi should win because it just has more to offer. Not everyone is a boy racer. The STi can jump just as high as the Supra, and still offer the ammenities of a sedan. Its not just about dyno queen numbers and track times. Many other factors go into the situation. The more realistic choice would be the STi. Not only is it able to do many autmotive sports, if you're conservative you can keep it street legal and drive it home at the end of a few runs down the strip.

posted by  DSMer

Yeah...
If that's how you feel.

I'd pick the Supra. Theres a reason they hold their value so well.

posted by  What

Oh I know, beleive me. I've dropped at the line on the streets before. Rated at 500+ RWHP.

posted by  DSMer

I was talking about the damn engine not the f*cking tank... I was making a simple point about Hp. :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Wait, how much would it cost to restore a Supra from like '94?

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Dsmer and what are both dorks.
This thread sucks.
Supras are way sexier.
End.
^_^

posted by  b_DuB13

Just adding my bit. A Supra with stock internals will only go up to just under 500bhp, then you'll need upgrading. I don't really know what you guys do with Supras in the US, but i have a mate who's running i think 1024bhp (That's when it's working). They have near bullitproof engines and can be easily modified. And and don't know where you get your info from DSMer, but the supra is not capped at 155mph. I know that for a fact as i was racing a Porsche Carrera the other day and i backed off at about 163/5.

Unfortunatly on the down side thay are a heavy car as standard. Also the RWD is a pain which doesn't help having standard Slip Control. But again this can be changed to a better performance one which.

The STI as standard has a great engine, coupled with AWD makes it a great car that you can throw into the corners knowing that your not gonna loose grip. I took a rally preped one for a test drive about 6 months ago and loved it. But the thing i just didn't like was the interior. Ok, i know it's a stupid hang up, but it's just so cheap and crap. I gues at the end of the day a company that makes farm equipment don't really have that much interior practise.

If you were to put them head to head im gonna go with the supra. I know it'll upset many peopl, but that's my choice. here's a thread from a UK forum about STI's, Supras and a Porsche that you should all read. (http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=388677)

posted by  terribleturner

Way out of your 13 year old budget.

posted by  thunderbird1100

No shit I cant afford it now. I didnt ask for a smartass answer. If you dont know it, or dont want to tell me, then dont speak. Go screw a tree while the real knowledgable respectful members answer questions for people who want to gain some knowledge.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Lol pwnd
Also, the cost of restoration depends on the condition of the car, obviously.
If the exterior is unharmed, there are plenty of companies out there that produce reasonably priced parts for the 2JZE engine...
Well, before I say something wrong ill leave this to someone else. :D

posted by  b_DuB13

Farm Equipment? What the hell are you talking about? They made planes and cars, thats all I know they have ever made. Farm Equiment? Subaru doesnt make farm equipment, maybe Fiji Heavy Industries does, but not Subaru. I cant wait to see your come back after that one. (this is in the US, perhaps there are some in Asia and Europe, but not here) :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

LOL, tell me your not serious?? If you are then im amazed. I thought by you have your flashing imprezza at the bottom you may know a thing or two about the cars themselves. if you like i'll give you a little time to think about it and then when you realise what you said you can go back and edit your post. Do you feel embararrased?? Man i would after what you just wrote. LOL :laughing: Im still pissing myself with laughter.
I'd also like to point out that the company Subaru actually build cars etc.... for all over the world, not just the USA. Maybe you were trying to say that if they build tractors (did i give too much away??) in say Europe then that doesn't count??
Looking for to the reply, don't think i can wait. does anyone mind if i post this thread in a Subaru forum?? LOL

Sorry, you were saying????

posted by  terribleturner

I have searched google and found nothing that supports your claim of a Subaru Tractor or any farm equiment of that company. I have searched the Subaru GLOBAL website, showing no signs of tractors or the like. If your definition of farm equipment does not match mine, please, elighten me, but in Texas a Tractor is farm equipment, and Subaru does not build anything like that from my research. I could most certainly be wrong (after all I joined a Car Forum to learn about cars), but I have found no evidence to support your claim.

If you perhaps mean that the cars start as rally-bred vehicles than I can sort of see where you are going, but I have never seen a WRC on the cotton fields of Texas.

:2cents:
Sti :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Well, that's what you got, because you are 13 and should be worrying about passing Pre-Algebra and not making a dumb comment about 'restoring a MKIV Supra' like they have rotting 40 year old MKIV's to restore or ones sitting in junkyards (probably you're just remembering and spewing what you saw in Fast-n-Curious). Worry about what you SHOULD be worrying about, then 15 years later, when you can even think about a buying $20k+ MKIV Supra, get back with us. BTW - I've given a lot more useful knowledge in this one post than you have in all your 100+ posts and have been a member here for quite a bit longer. Also, take the middle school 'funny' jokes with you back to pre-algebra (just an FYI).

posted by  thunderbird1100

You can bend down and kiss my brown ass bitch. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against a thirteen year old boy then? Are you retarded? Or do you just not know the answer. I think its pretty obvious that its the latter. I am already done with algebra, something you have yet to accomplish. Also, I dont think I need to wait another 15 years because, unlike you people, I can actually get a real job that has good pay. Unlike you idiots passing on with like C+ and trying to get a job. Dont argue about intelligence with me. You may know more about cars than me, but in the end, your just an average American. So next time, think before you post, dont attack me personally, and at least have a valid excuse as to why you dont want to spread your "knowledge". ( i doubt u knew the answer in the first place)

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

can u prove that you can do algebra, and i doubt that any one other than GOODWILL will give a 13 year old kid "a good high paying job" over a guy who is 20 years older and who probally worked his ass off his entire life to lose his job to a spoiled PREPPY Brat

posted by  talongod33

Wow did you think of that all by yourself? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

TalonNoob: what exactly does this have to do with cars? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

LOL THIS FORUM IS A JOKE I JUST WASTED 15 MINS OF MY LIFE READING THIS BITCHY CRAP FROM ALL OF U(mostly DSMer) U ALL NEED SOME PUSSY OR SOMETHING DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  kakapoopie

Exactly. These mentally disabled dumb****s dont know how to stay on topic. but just for arguements sake, I am going to retaliate.

First off, I dont need to prove my Algebra skills to someone who probably doesnt even know any math.

Second of all, I didnt say that I could get a higher paying job right now. I said that when I am 20 years old, I will have a much higher paying job than him, and you because I am just more intelligent than you. I make good grades without even working for it, while he is out there working his big, stupid ass off trying to get a C+. And by the way, I CAN get a higher paying job than this "man?". All I have to do is ask my dad for a spot in his bussiness.

Preppy? Are you jealous that you were an outcast during your school life? Is that why your bitching at me?

A piece of advice to the two of you: use your automotive knowledge to help people with questions. Dont bitch around and be all technical because, you two lack the intelligence to even argue your worthless posts. Have a nice day :thumbs: :smoke:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

The lack of any thing that is worth reading makes my skin crawl with disgust. Take your computer, and shove it all the way up your ass. :fu: :banghead:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

HAHHAHAH don't even argue then arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.....even if you win your still retarded.

posted by  talongod33

That I find quite hurtful. My uncle is a Special Olympic gold medalist in power lifting, and I find your comments about mental retardations quite annoying, stupid, and dumb. You need to carry your noobish-ness elsewhere if you feel like you can pick on Sniper here. Leave him alone, eh? You cant seem to get past the fact that he may, and probably does, no more about cars than you do, and is far more accepted here than you are. Good day! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

what the hell is wrong with this forum....dsm and his...bitches i gues

all u do is put people down and call them needledicks....and claim you know everything while just scaring people away from the forums with your cockyness.

forums are supposed to be a place where noobs can get good clean info from veterans...not be flamed all day long...

god some car guys just let theyre "knowledge" get rammed up theyre own asses

this is so sadd.....

posted by  kakapoopie

Thats nice... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Supra.

posted by  What

oh yea i almost forgot....
supra.

tomorow going to see my aunt's (soon to be my) supra

JZA70, ill still love it though :P

posted by  kakapoopie

crap i forgot what this thread was about to i would pick the STI

posted by  talongod33

DSM may like flamin new guys out, but you can't do anything about it. I suggest you try to be compassionate and defend your opinion and not go on the offensive. It'll look like the chinese killing buddhist monks. The chinese come off as assh*les. (just an anology). yes, some people get knowledge rammed up their own asses, but quit complaining. There's nothing you can do about it. Either ignore it or defend your position the best you can. Let the other viewers decide who's the dumbass here.

Also, DSM, although's he's kakapooie is a dumbass poster, you can be a little more allowing (lack of a better word). Give people a chance to fight their opinion and don't immediately flame them out. Knowledge flows from those who have it to those who want it. So, please, at least allow them 2 posts, 3 at tyhe most to come up with something reasonable that proves they have something useful to share or are in seek of.

BTT

I choose the Sti because I like the 0-30 sprint better, as that's where you feel the most g's, and are actually to perform as in daily driving. That, and I like AWD, harder to burn out.

posted by  Godlaus

yea pretty much.....except dsm is the asshole

and...about dealing with it....

first of all i shouldn't have to

and i've found much better forums where i dont have to because people there arent assholes.

oh well merry xmas :mrgreen:

posted by  kakapoopie

Indeed! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and a Happy New Year to all! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Hmm, I go away for a few only to return to slander by some nobody. A nobody with very poor language skills. I suppose this "poopie" guy was expecting picking at me expecting me to burst into an outrage of flaming. I'll hold that almost unoticable urge to reply to him in some ******d way.

I suppose a dependant person such as yourself would need some "veteran" to hold your needle dick while you piss. However, if you are looking for that sort of thing here I guess you're just s.o.l. Seeming as that you can't even conclude what to do with a free car, one can only assume you're an ignorant little prick looking for somone to hold your hand through every step of your insignificant life. Not my job to do, and I don't care what forum you go to they won't be willing to deal with your childish bullshit for long. Unlessen that forum was hosted by your mommy, wich in that case you'd be better having her hold your hand because I don't think anyone here is willing to.

posted by  DSMer

Hmmm. Anyone remember what this topic is about? DSM, I realize that you feel you must defend your pride and all, but I think it's best if everyone just ignores this kakapooie guy until something rationale and understandable comes out of his mouth.

Kinda off topic (Not that it really matters), but why did toyota discontinue the 2jz and the supra? Was it that all good things had to end? They didn't want to be like the mustang? They wanted a legacy? What gives?

posted by  Godlaus

toyota should really bring back the supra....

but isnt the 2jz in the new camry solara? or so a freind told me...

i gues with all the high gas prices and insurance...its hard to own a big sports car like the supra.

anyways..DSMer..

your reply to me saying that all you do is call people needledicks...is calling me a needledick....i marvel at the way your mind works. you really need to come up with some new material.

also...
"I'll hold that almost unoticable urge to reply to him in some ******d way."

you think this:
"I suppose a dependant person such as yourself would need some "veteran" to hold your needle dick while you piss. However, if you are looking for that sort of thing here I guess you're just s.o.l. Seeming as that you can't even conclude what to do with a free car, one can only assume you're an ignorant little prick looking for somone to hold your hand through every step of your insignificant life. Not my job to do, and I don't care what forum you go to they won't be willing to deal with your childish bullshit for long. Unlessen that forum was hosted by your mommy, wich in that case you'd be better having her hold your hand because I don't think anyone here is willing to."
isnt *******d?

very interesting..

you know nothing about me...making all these "assumptions" about me. i dont assume anything about you except your an asshole by the way you respond to people here on these forums.

your a funny guy dsm... :thumbs:

anyways....yea we got the stupid car started today (pre 89 supra)...couldnt do much cuz it started running out of gas and it was my dad's car battery :P.

its such a bitch to get that stupid thing down here...blehehehehahawww im going crazy

posted by  kakapoopie

kaka, I once got in a sparing cock fight with DSM, and I never wanted it. It was just our egos bashing into each other fighting over whos cock is bigger. No good came from it, and no good is coming from this. You said you have other forums where people respect you, well, if you can't stpo fighting with DSM, then only post on thsoe forums. Like I said in earlier posts, be compassionate and laugh/shrug it off. How many imes do I have to say this? NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THIS. Don't keep on sniping shots at each other (grammer?). No good came come from it. Nobody is enjoying reading you guys bickering. let's get back to the topic at hand, which is the supra TT vs the Sti.

also, to make things interesting, let's throw in the evo.

posted by  Godlaus

*Yawn* Your ignorance bores me. Yes I am an asshole(but with reason), if thats all you can "[assume]" about me then you fall very low on my category of intelligble people whom can "[assume]" things about me. However, while that is your one and ONLY point you stand on. What else do you have to say? Wow I'm an asshole, hole ass, anal orifice, jackass so sue me.

You're a dependant imebcile, but you did'nt hear me ragging on you. I don't have to assume anything about you. Your own words speak for themselves. You got anything else you want to add that might give you a lifting edge to unearth yourself from the hole of stupidity you have dug yourself in? Nah, did'nt think so.

posted by  DSMer

you swear you weren't ragging on me....just stop contradicting yourself it makes u look stupid

posted by  kakapoopie

Exactly as I thought. You have nothing else to say. You wanna be a barney baddass so bad but when somone gets on your ass then its not all funny. No one was ragging on you. I defended my possition when you decided to proclaim your dissagreance with me. Like I said before, you have nothing else to stand on other than the simple fact that I'm an asshole. Wow, good job :thumbs:. Now you can go crawl back in to your hole or f*ck off and die. Do both if you wish, I could really care less..

posted by  DSMer

heh you have no idea what your talking about..

posted by  kakapoopie

Ahhh, ignorance is bliss. Anywhos, why is this thread even still ongoing. Its worthless and meaningless. Just like shitty over here...

posted by  DSMer

The thread is still going because you keep "arguing". Bitches argue, men disagree.

The thread is worthless because you keep "arguing". Bitch. You are the answer to your question.

Only a bitch would argue and venture off subject like you CONSTANTLY do.
Men don't f*cking argue like you motherf*ckers do.

WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK
WHAT
A
BITCH
THINKS
ABOUT
YOU

Learn to ignore a bitch and arguments will go away.

Supra....

posted by  What

I have no clue why this is still going on...

posted by  StiMan

Probably because both kakapooie and DSM have to have the last word in this argument. Can we just drop it?

posted by  Godlaus

so are all races in straight lines :p

posted by  cinqyg

In this thread, I guess they are. But, wouldn' the STi be a better track car?

posted by  Godlaus

http://www.southfloridaracing.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20017
there is a video of my friend's supra making 1520 whp , plus if you look down there is more videos . 2 runs , inside and out , best time is 8.45 at 160mph and thats with about 1000whp +full weight (3700lb) and stock suspension , he should be able to drop 1 sec or more with 1500 + whp

posted by  lelek

The first video didnt work. Was it an auto transmission?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Ya, right. Anyway this was about stock Supra TT vs. STi.

posted by  StiMan

the sti would win in a drag can we all say AWD the is the defining factor in this race

posted by  8G Galant

Nooooooo.

AWD is only a factor in the launch. A skyline destroys a supra in a 1/4 mile, but in the 1000 meter run, a supra wins.

posted by  Godlaus

Hmmm, well, if you talking non-stock, and tuned... I'm sorry to all Supra haters... But Supra OWNS the rest... Supra all the way baby... Enough said... Well, not really, I guess I would have to justify my self, but I can't be ar5ed, so im gonna leave it at that...

posted by  Zenith

Jesus people. We're all looking at this topic like fools. 'Supra is better cause it's more powerful.' 'No, Sti's are better cause they lauch faster!' In reality it matters on the car. Hell there are light ass 1g eclipses out there running with 1000whp and AWD. They turn like they're on friggin rails and it's comfortable too. Does that make me think that they can beat any car in any situation? No, because stock, the car isn't anything special and that is what we are comparing, stock Supra TT vs. stock STi. Now, personally the STi is my choice for better overall because it's quick, can be easily modded, and hell it has room for everyone plus groceries. Not to mention the famous Subaru handling incorporated into every car they have in production. The Supra may be faster. I'm not sure cause i didn't check stats. Going down the strip i would bet on the Supra for the 1000, but i'd bet on the STi for the 1/4 cause it has better grip and spools faster and is lighter. But on any track (with turns) i doubt that anyone could disagree that a Subaru would beat the Supra hands down. stock for stock the supra couldnt compare to the STi on twisties. Now if you want to argue about which car modded is faster than you're just talking shit because if Bill Gates wanted to he could build a 2,000whp Taurus that weighs about 1,800lbs and does the 1/4 in under 6 seconds. the possibliiteis are endless when it comes to modding and if u want and you have the money you can make a STi faster then a Supra and vice versa but we'll never really know which is faster modded. Speed can never truely be determined but the frame of the car has alot to do with it's handling capabilites. And the frame can't be changed without making a completely different car. The handling can be changed yes but only to a certain limit and basically it comes down to whether the manufacturer wanted the car to be designed to turn quickly or not. Now out of the Supra and STi i wonder which manufactuer was more interested in turning...

speed is endless. the car can be made as fast as the owner is willing to try.

handling can only go as far as affecting the suspension, tires(i purposely didn't include drivetrain as it doesn't matter). but of course handling is more than a suspension. so off of the assembly line which car handles better...way better?

Based on these two criteria the OVERALL better car that i'd mod would always be the Subaru Impreza WRX STi sedan.

posted by  VMJYogi

That was a waste of five minutes of my time..! :banghead:

posted by  CarEXPERT

Very nice post VMJYogi! I think that our times on CF directly missed each other, but I always wanted to meet you because you pissed off What at some point which obviously shows you are a good person in my book. :thumbs: Welcome back! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Let this thread die already. :banghead:

posted by  GreekWarrior

hahahahahaha!

posted by  Zenith

well i cant say i pissed off what. The guy just decided to try and talk shit about me while i was gone but yeah i've seen you around and it's great to be back. I'm glad we still have our regulars here. ChrisV, Cingy, Bav, DSMer, Inygknok, Ki2AY, Importluva, Voda (i'm still lovin my gif. baby!), Cliffy, Sti you too.

Sorry to waste your time CarEXPERT maybe i could learn something from you the day you type a paragraph of half that size. Well when you're done asking questions that is. Jus playing wit ya but did it seriously take 5 minutes to read that? It took me about 1.

posted by  VMJYogi

He just learned how to read. We arent trying to make fun of him for it. Lol.

posted by  StiMan

now i know why all you guys have suck high post totals.... if you argue like this in all the posts it should only take a few weeks to get up there :hi: :drool:

posted by  Liquid_TensionX

what was the point of your post? If not to post whore, then what? You bitch and revive this old topic? I'm afraid the post whoring one here is you, not us. Seeing as how you're reading old posts, how about reading these ones;

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8359
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7468

This is more of an old problem, not so much a new one. And who cares about post totals? its the quality, not the quantity.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message