acura not imported???

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  acura not imported???

hmmm... i know acura is usa version of honda, right? But technically, is it america car or asian?

btw. i just love this particular car, Acura Integra is my pick, i love acura integras!!!! i will buy acura integra (http://acuraintegra.port5.com/)

posted by  pimpkay

You are retarded. Acura is the more luxurious richer people version of Honda. The cars are basically the same. There is both HOnda and Acura in American AND japan. And they are both Japanese countries.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

There is no Acura in Japan. Acura was made specifically for America because the people at Honda didn't think Americans would buy an "expensive" Honda. Acura is not American, it's Asian.

posted by  What

While Acura is branch of Honda. There is no Acura in Japan. Acura cars were made for America. Thus making them American. A Ferrari woud'nt be Italian if it was'nt offered in Italy.

Its a controversial statement, but Acura is American. The Acura HQ is located in Hawthorne, CA. The cars are designed in America and a majority of the factories if not all are located within America. By definition I'm going to have to say Acura is American.

posted by  DSMer

The cars are not designed in America. Acuras are rebadged Hondas. They are "imports", that's why the RSX is always winning the import car of the year.

Acura was the first Japanese luxury brand to appear in America.

It's not American, it's Japanese.

The headquarters you were talking about is its American headquarters. Show me an Acura that wasn't a Honda first.

And just so you know, the "new" Acura RL was first the Honda Legend in Japan.....where it was originally built.

posted by  What

Jesus. Acura is not American. Acura is a division of Honda, which, even thugh there are headquarters here, is still a Japanese company. Most Acuras are actually built in Japan, unlike Honda models that are sold here (Honda, like Ford, tends to build cars in the market the cars are sold in.)

While the brand was designed around being sold in America, and concieved as a luxury line like Lincoln is for Ford, or Cadillac is for GM, it's a completely Japanese company.

http://www.autointell.com/core/companie-manufacturers.htm

http://www.msb.edu/faculty/johanssj/web/BrandReality.PDF

posted by  ChrisV

I think I already cleared that up Chris.

posted by  What

Well what makes an American car "American"?

posted by  DSMer

Simply put, some are specfically made with just asian parts (hence NSX). And some are hybrids (using american and asian made parts). Every American Acura has a Honda counterpart in other countries (Although not sure on the MDX).

Acura RSX = Honda Integra
Acura TSX = Honda Accord (euro-version)
Acura NSX = Honda NSX
Acura TL = Honda Accord Inspire
Acura RL = Honda Legend
Acura EL = Honda Civic (Canada)

This has been said but to clarify and add, Acura NAMEPLATE is only in America AND Canada.

posted by  thunderbird1100

The Acura MDX is the Honda Pilot. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Yes, I think I had my facts mixed up. Japan doesnt have acura, but acura is still Japanese.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

I know that, I was talking about if they sold it in another country. Which I'm not sure of.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message