Whoo Hoo!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Whoo Hoo!

i just sold my 1992 eagle talon and now i want a different car. i was thinking along the lines of a altima or maxima or maybe even an interga. i have $4000 to buy a car please tell me what would be a good car .

posted by  talongod33

All depends on what you want to use it for. Dailt driving? Drifting? Straight line racing? 4 grand isn't much, so I would suggest a Taurus SHO. What are you looking for in a car?

posted by  Godlaus

4 grand can get you plenty if you know where to shop.
But before I go any further you must specify, as godlaus said, further as to what you want.

posted by  b_DuB13

i am looking for a daily driver/drag racing type of car.something with a little more HP from factory.

posted by  talongod33

The possibilities are near endless. I read the car classifieds everyday I dont have school, and I have seen many good buys. One was yesterday: 1994 Mitzu 3000GT $3550. You can get lots of things, so just look. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

yeah i have been lookin too but i live in wisconsin so were all a bunch of rednecks who put the trucks lifted 6 inches with 44 inch tires and they want four grand for them. but i do sometimes come across good buys. but what would you guys recomend for a car

posted by  talongod33

haha. Rednecks in wisconsin. Anyway, that mitsubishi 3000gt for 3 and a half grand was probably a non-vr4, needed a replaced tranny (3000gts have very bad transmissions), and had a bad paint job. No hard feelings on your find though, I would buy it had it not been for the insurance on ALL 3000gts. Liek I said, buy a taurus SHO. The engines are made by hyundai, not ford, so they're reliable, and they put out 220 NA horsepower with a 6500 redline. 0-60 in the low 6 second range, which is pretty good for 4 grand. Zero upgrades though, soooo. 4 grand isn't that much. Considered riding the bus until you get around 8? Then, you can buy a mustang GT. (The best value car in my opinion).

posted by  Godlaus

That is very true about the 3000 GT. I meant it mostly as a example of how there are a wide variety of vehicles that you can choose at $4k. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

what about like an 1987 mustang gt only like 4500 for them and they come with the 302 is that a good deal?

posted by  talongod33

Try posting in the Domestic forum, i only know about asian cars.

posted by  Godlaus

NO
NO TAURUS
NO FREAKING MUSTANG.
You can get a really sweet 240sx or even an older model RX7 for 4k.
Cause no matter how much money you put into a mustang, ITS STILL A MUSTANG.
And you talk about the taurus' engine's hyundai'en make as if its a good thing. Hyundai is korean. 'Nuff said.
Plus, taures' are horribly ugly, I almost feel bad for them =/
Please don't respond to my post with pro mustang/hyundai/taurus remarks, as this is my opinion and I don't care what you think about it.
:D

posted by  b_DuB13

Sorry, ut I have to defend my opinion on what you said, your opinion or not, unless you want to be completely ignored by everyone.

saying please don't respond to this post completely de-validates your post, as it makes it all opinion. Which, this thread is really about, but backup what you say. Give us a reason to believe you.
The reason I recommended the taurus i because it's fast, discreet (To cops), and reliable. Just because it's korean doesn't mean it's bad. You're stereotyping. Because you live in america, should I say that you're a fat bastard who eats mcdonalds all day and complains about you job going overseas? No, so don't generalize here.

The Rx7 he talks aboutis probably gona need about 2k of work, as rotory engines have a history of maintenace problems. I'll find a web site for this later.

the 240sx isn't bad though, I'm amazed that you could find one that cheap, though.

a mustang is still a mustang? A 1998 mustang GT with a jacksonvile supercharger is not still a mustang, it's a car that demands respect, for only 10 grand. (Those of you who argue that you can make a better car for 10 grand, go ahead, the mustang is my preferance)

Come on man, back up your claims

posted by  Godlaus

You are ignorant, that is simply the main thing. You need to learn that opinions are useless unless you can back them up. So, begin. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message