Help!!!!! My 96 Sentra Won't Start Today!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Help!!!!! My 96 Sentra Won't Start Today!

I AM UNDER DEEP TROUBLE HERE!! TODAY MY CAR WON'T START, THE BATTERY SEEMS OK, I ALSO CHECK THE WIRING ON THE BATTERY, IT WAS OK, THE DASHBOARD, HEADLIGHT, AUDIO, EVERYTHING COMES ON. CAR WON'T MAKE NO NOSIE WITH IN TURN THE KEY THE START, NO CLICKING, NO SOUND FROM ENGINE, ALTHOUGH SOME SOUND FROM THE GAS TANK WITH I TURN THE KEY TO ON POSITION, AND THAT IS NORMAL. WHEN THE KEY IS IN "ON" POSITION, I NOTICED THE ENGINE LIGHT IS OFF, MEANING NO POWER FROM ENGINE TO COMPUTER. ALL THE OTHER LIGHT IS FINE. :banghead: I HAVE A SENTRA 96 GLE WITH AMLOST 150K MILES ON IT. I HAVE TRIED TO START BY JILGGING THE KEY WHEN START; TURN THE WHEEL A LITTLE BIT AND STEP ON THE BRAKE AT THE SAME TIME; CHECK THE FUSE, LOOK FINE. I AM REALLY STUCK, :banghead: ANY INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL.

posted by  my sentra

Walk, you lazy bitch.

posted by  What

i remember you once said that you don't insult people unless they insult you first. What did this person do to you?

posted by  Godlaus

yo, little boy, first of all, i want to thank you for writing your very personal opinion. i bet you just too bored and no place to expree you own self. and i bet you don't even have a car--A CAR!! so i don't expect you know anything about car. :fu:

posted by  my sentra

Well, if there was any problem with the ignition coils, then the car would at least be revving then dying. If here a problem with any of the sensors, thn the car would at least try to start. Wow. You got me stumped. Maybe the computer dosn't know that you're in park. You'll have to take it to a technician who can plug in an expensive computer to your chip wich will islate the problem. Will cost oyu areound 200 dollars wih towing, but it'll be worth it. (or you could buy a computer interface for your car chip and your home car, and try to find the problem yourself)

posted by  Godlaus

so you think it's something had to do with the computer, messed up code or something? my friend come over today and said that battery was low and he used baking soda to clean the battery, add some water and try a jump start, but nothing. the battery was good.

posted by  my sentra

try checking fuses... the big ones next to the battery, something like that happened to me and one of the big 60 amp fuses were blown...

posted by  mazda6man

No, it;s no a problem with the computer, its just that the computer wil tell you what is wrong, where the signal is going but not coming back.

posted by  Godlaus

I accidently typed that.

posted by  What

well, will it be the alarm locked the computer? sometimes when i turn the key so fast that it won't start, i have to step on the brake and turn the string wheel a bit. then start it. my dad was in a hurry last time and i think he didn't know such thing, so he just keep trying. maybe the alarm is locked that the engine will not start? or maybe the computer alarm messed up code and needed to reset? my remote was drop and doesn't work since then. i know some car you have to use the remote control to start it. now i am thinking everything is fine, just the alarm problem that locked. how can i unlocked it, i tried to take out the fuse to disable it, but it doesn't work. help please!

posted by  my sentra

Im betting starter! at least the cylinoid.
ignition switch is working if it kicks the fuel pump on. :thumbs:

posted by  klnshavn

I had identical problem. Had it towed to the garage. $90 later I drove it home with a new $2 fuse. I was pissed!

posted by  pshisbey

First, go inside your car-step on the brake pedal and then shift the car into neutral and try to start it. If it starts then its the Neutral Safety switch on the transmission. If not, your problem is elswhere.
Second, check all of your fuses. You may have more than one fuse box in your car [2,3,or 4 fuses boxes], check all of the fuses in each box with a test light. You can buy a test light at a local auto parts store for about $ 10 dollars.
Third, while someone else is trying to start the car, at the same time hit your starter with something. If your car now starts, then its your starter. Change your starter. Hope this info helps you. Keep me inform on your status.

posted by  Tonythemechanic

checking all the fuses with a test light in my opinion would be a bad idea, the typical test light has very low resistance if you happen to test the fuse for the ECM the excessive amperage draw would cause the computer to fry
just my :2cents:

posted by  carlos

Kick it............. in the tire

posted by  Brock0295

Have you actually done this and it did some good or are you just being a dumbshit?

posted by  Patrick

buy a new car, that car sounds like a piece of shit

posted by  gtr_man

Your Message