Mitsubishi Spyder Questions - please help!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mitsubishi Spyder Questions - please help!

Hi, I just bought a 1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible (manual transmission) GS-T. I have a few questions.

It seems stock but is missing something on the bottom of the spoiler? It was recently repainted and under the spoiler I can look and see bolt holes but there is nothing there. What goes there? Another brake light? There are no wires and I can't easily see where you would run the wires.....

Are there any sites that sell stock oem parts? I am missing the thing on the passenger seat that holds the seatbelt and I have a cracked defroster vent on the driver's door. I would like to fix these because they are the only flaws....

Thanks!!!!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10281/spyder.jpg
This isn't the best pic. It hasn't stopped raining since I got it home. :doh:

posted by  WendyC

dont worry about the mystery holes as much.
you definetly need to focus on the transmission that DSMs are famous for having troubles with.
but that has plenty of fast-potential....
good luck

posted by  b_DuB13

Haha, two holes. Meh I think the two holes are for an alternative mouting solution on teh spoiler. Simply put, you should'nt worry about it, its at the LAST of your worries list. Cracked defroster vent and passenger seatbelt lock can easily be picked up at a local pick and pull junkyard. No need to order tiny parts that will cost your hundres of dollars. However that seatbelt thing may be an issue. If I were you I'd take the seat belt out of a 2g at a junkyard(or just the part you need) and attach it back to the cars fram via impact hammer. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Hand-tight bolts won't do any good unless you have like one of those really lont torque bars.

Check out www.dsmtuners.com for any more information regaurding your car. Good luck, and hit up that local junkyard n get some things you need. You may find some things you need, but did'nt think you needed before you got there..

Good Luck :thumbs:

posted by  DSMer

Your Message