RB25det

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  RB25det

Well i know its not the "godzilla" RB26dett but its still a good iron block 6 cyl. Question about it though.... when swapping into my 240sx what kind of custom fabrication do i need to keep A/C? I've been looking into the swap for quite a while but the step by steps ive seen on the web havent addressed the issue. They don't even bother to mention that the AC wont fit (i learned from a friend who works in a RB25 and RB26 specialty shop that swaps them but he didnt have time in class to tell me what fabrication is required to make it fit). Where would the clearance issue be? on the side of engine bay or in the front? Thanks all.

posted by  MrBojangles

Ahh the rb25det a great engine and a good place to put to, good engine swap. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Lol can always count on you skyline ppl to be supportive.

posted by  MrBojangles

Not exaclty sure where the ac is located on the RB25DET, but the distance from the firewall to where the minimum ammount of space you need to fit the radiator and fan is probably the issue. Most engines don't have a problem width-wise fitting into a completly different car.

I've seen skyline powere 240's and it looks like a really tight fit from the front and back of the engine. The sides are relatively clear with a few inches to spare.

posted by  DSMer

:mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Where are you located? More importantly: where is your friends RB25/RB26 specialty shop?
I'm asking because I am 100% completely non interested in doing an sr20det swap, and it doesn't make much since to do a swap from ka24e>ka24de... So the only logical swap would be a rb26 or rb25 engine.
Being a florida resident, I also think it would be nice to keep AC... Is it possible to do it and also keep power steering?... I was extremely close to buying an rb20det powered 91 240sx, but not having power steering would suck, and I need a daily driver.
Well at any rate, I'd love to know the price it would cost for an rb25/rb26 swap (does the shop provide the engine/tranny, or must I find one?)
Any help would be greatly awarded with proverbrial cookies.

posted by  b_DuB13

The shop is actually located in Seattle, Washington. I was up there over the break and visited my friends school (my old school) for a day and i never got hear why the AC wont fit. As for the front and back DSMer, McKinney motorsports in socal makes a set of engine mounts,crossmembers, tranny mounts and driveshaft for the s14 rb25det swap that keeps the tranny shifter in the right spot and pushes the engine back a bit. The articles ive read on the swap say that the SE model (mine) have no problem fitting in within the firewall and front of the engine bay due to the increased size of engine compartment on SE models.

I was just curious if anyone here has done the swap or not.... but that question prolly belongs on some 240 forum out there

posted by  MrBojangles

You're going to lovelovelove me.
http://www.xatracing.com/RB_SWAP_info.html

posted by  b_DuB13

Lol yeah nice... i've been there b4 when i was looking at a KA-t kit... however im not paying 8.6k for a freaking motor... theres a place i know thats holding one for me in case i do and they are selling for 2k (motor and tranny). Then 1100 for mckinney motor mounts set + modded driveshaft and then i expect to spend 1300-2000 on performance and getting it all to work. It will sit in my garage for a good month or two after i buy it, building it up and making sure this is a proper swap.

But i appreciate the thought of finding that for me

posted by  MrBojangles

where are the engine codes on the engine??

posted by  CarEXPERT

It looks like that website is expecting you to either:

A) Get your own Transmission
B) Use your KA24 transmission :ticking:

I'd Definately buy from them :thumbs:

posted by  shad0w

Yay post revive Free post 4 me :), oh crap im still sad 4 my car :(.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=18253

posted by  Walt

if u really want to revive threads, revive a useful one. there are at least 5 somewhere in the asian section with plenty of info on the rb25 and such.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message