Supra TT V.S. 300zx TT

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Supra TT V.S. 300zx TT

2 rivals....jus want to kno what people think....ill go for 300zx tt

posted by  BigBadBrat

Well.. considering that the Nissan 300ZX 2+2, Toyota Supra TT, Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, and Mazda RX-7 were all made has high performance twin turbo imports. You could'nt really go wrong with either of them. Some are heavier than others. Some are a hell of alot lighter. Some are able to hold alot of power.

None the less I've seen every car in that list drop 9 second quartermile times. So you make the pick. Stock performance should'nt play a factor anyways. Because if you're buying any of those cars(especially the Supra and RX-7) you've the got bread to upgrade one of those badgirls.

posted by  DSMer

ive got a friend who has a ttZ, and a friend with a TT supra... theyre both RATHER quick, and pretty "hooked up"... but the supra pulls on the Z...

posted by  mazda6man

Here we go again....
Well, the 1/4th miles times don't lie. I'm sure those are easily findable.
Uh.
Dependability/practicality etc I guess would be the only remaining debating issues, but I can't talk on any as I've only sat in two supras and only seen 300zx's from the outside.
Personally, I'd choose the supra, just for its awe factor (omg look at that supra)
Not to mention they are driftable, as opposed to the heavy backended 300zx. (Have you ever seen an option video with a single drift 300z?...)
Also, I would think that there would be more parts available for the 2JZE than the whatever is in the 300 (btw, anyone know the engine code for the z?)
=/
/done ranting

posted by  b_DuB13

The Supra is driftable but it's not the easiest car to drift and I think the 300zx would be able to drift. On an other note I know the Supra is a straight six TT but isn't the 300zx a V6 TT? I'm not sure but either way i'd go the Surpa.

posted by  GreekWarrior

theyre both fast, they can both drift (ANYTHING RWD can drift if you really try) the both look sweet, ive ridden in both, ive driven both, but since the supras an L6, and the z is a v6, the supras a little more tourqy, so it jumps off a little faster

posted by  mazda6man

VG30DETT in the twin turbo 300ZX

posted by  DSMer

ahhh so supra huh? supra is sure popular than 300zx....

from the lo0ks not from the fact...the 300zx tt lo0k more heavier and powerful than the supra tt while the supra lo0ks more lighter and quicker acceleration... if this also a fact feel free to notify me

posted by  BigBadBrat

id pick the supra.

posted by  talongod33

hmmm.... :doh: I say Supra! and heres why!

1. Since the fast and furious and 2f2f its got a reputation of a celebrity sports car! :mrgreen: head turner!

2. well there are plenty of supras and 300ZX down here but well ive seen the kids look at the 300ZX and say oohhh. when they look at the supra they stop stare and go WOW!!

3. Supra's are so modable and there torquey and are more flexaible than even the skyline!

the new supra is aimed at tearing the 350Z down!

supras and skylines are the legends! 300ZX TT is really nice its just not at this level i dont think

posted by  Lukaz

the 300zx was in kill bill.... doesn't that make it a celeb car? :laughing:

i'd pick the 300zx,
why? cos they are sooo underated and because of their disadvantages they are even cheaper than a r32gts!
for the price of a supra tt i could get 2 300z's :orglaugh:

posted by  fudge

1. Since the fast and furious and 2f2f its got a reputation of a celebrity sports car! :mrgreen: head turner!
No a celebrity sports car would be a BMW, Porshce, Ferrari, or a Mercedes. Anyone with a large ammount of cash would'nt be caught dead in a cheap ass Toyota Supra. I don't know what celebritys you are talking about but I have'nt seen any in a Supra.

2. well there are plenty of supras and 300ZX down here but well ive seen the kids look at the 300ZX and say oohhh. when they look at the supra they stop stare and go WOW!!
Thats because idiots like..well. This one is self explanitory. Any dumbass who buys a car because people say WOW is just that.

3. Supra's are so modable and there torquey and are more flexaible than even the skyline!
This is up for debate. Seing as that you've probably never even worked on a Supra nor Skyline I wonder how you would be able to verify any of those claims.

the new supra is aimed at tearing the 350Z down!
These claims of a new Supra have'nt been verified. Stop lying to yourself. Its going to take alot more than a Supra to tear down the Z.

supras and skylines are the legends! 300ZX TT is really nice its just not at this level i dont think
Hmm...
300ZX
300 bhp @ 6400 rpm
283 ft lbs @ 3600 rpm
0-60 6.0 s
3474.5 lbs
1/4 14.1

Supra
320 bhp @5800rpm
315 ft lbs @ 4000
0-60 5.0
3620 lbs
1/4 13.9

What level is'nt it exactly at? Do you even know what you're talking about? Supra legendary? Haha yeah right.. The first Supras were made a hell of alot later than the LEGENDARY Z car. The Z car that people still activley buy more than any older MA70's are today. Hell I bet you did'nt even know the Supras history extended to 1986 with MA70's. Again if you're going to throw arround bullshit at least make it look good. A car whose history is still going today some 36 odd years later. Still holding number top position in performance imports. Maybe you should learn a few things about what a "legendary" car is before you open your mouth. They don't call it the Legedary Z for nothing ...

posted by  DSMer

^_^
exactly
The Supra and 300z are barely in the same class.

And so in conclusion, supra wins.
duh.

posted by  b_DuB13

THEY DONT MAKE SUPRAS AND 300Z ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT FINE A 97 TWINTURBO SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!.

posted by  CarEXPERT

supras were made afterwards... just not in america...

posted by  mazda6man

do they still make supras in japan. Or will they. they are great cars why do they just stop making them??

posted by  CarEXPERT

they dont make them now, but word on the street is that they might bring it back... but the concept for it looks ugly IMHO

posted by  mazda6man

are the 300zx only come with twin turbo or only some of them. Also the supras, do they all come with twin or only some of them do. What kind of twin turbos are they?

posted by  CarEXPERT

LOL
Car experts should probably know that a widely known car such as the fairlady 300zx came in many models. Some were just the Vq30de, and then some (very rare to see around here in FL, though) were the vq30dett

posted by  b_DuB13

Yeah same with the supra they come in 2 models the TT (RZ) or the NA version (SZ).

posted by  GreekWarrior

thanks guys im not that smart but does NA mean natural aspirered? or non turbo?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Once again your name doesn't come close to explaining who you are...

NA stands for either Normally Aspirated or Naturally Aspirated. It simply means there is no forced induction on the engine. Non-turbo would imply that the only form of forced induction is a turbocharger.

posted by  Zalight

So can NA cars havve force induction or not.

posted by  CarEXPERT

:doh: :doh: :doh: They do NOT have force induction. Please change your name from CarEXPERT to carNOVICE. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I know they dont but can you bolt on a turbo in NA cars? Yes i need to change my name... do they let you change name without getting a new account.
This is random but what is that grey car you are posting wit the gtr thing. What engine is that?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Yes you can bolt on a turbo to NA cars. If you are talking about the big pic, that is a R32 GT-R and that engine is the on that comes with the GTR the one and only RB26DETT. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

i thought RB26DETT is only on the R34. That r32 looks like a silvia. i thought it was but im a dumb noob.

posted by  CarEXPERT

No RB26's are in all GT-R's, if you're from america then the 32 wouldn't be a very common car there.

posted by  GreekWarrior

And anyone who knows the least about cars should know that the Supra and 300ZX are in the same class. So whats your point? You did'nt know it, so should we automaticly assume you're a dumbass?

Why I think thats what I'm going to do....

posted by  DSMer

Yes hes a dumbass and so am I so i have a question for you DSMer. What do you mean they are in the same class? Supra is a toyota and zx is Nissan.

posted by  CarEXPERT

They are both heavy twin turbo Japaneese sports cars. Simply speaking they are both sports cars. But more technically speaking the Supra and 300ZX were made to compete with eachter.

Nissan and Toyota are car makes.

posted by  DSMer

And just to clear things up, a car is NA if it has NO forced induction. If you put a turbo/supercharger on it, it is no longer NA.

posted by  Zalight

thanks man that did clear things up. Do you know what other type of superchargers there are? I heard of twin screw but thats it.

Does anyone have a link to a site with supercharger info and how it works??

posted by  CarEXPERT

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4873&highlight=roots+style+ supercharger

theres a couple of links to all things turbo and supercharger in there, enjoy!

posted by  Zalight

I've read it but do you know how the air is cooled for the supercharger.

posted by  CarEXPERT

:roll:

also check howstuff works dot com
they have a really good page about turbos

posted by  b_DuB13

you call yourself a car expert? :ohcrap:

posted by  fudge

You don't need to cool air for a supercharger. Its driven by a belt. The air should remain close to ambient temperature...

posted by  DSMer

Thank you DSMer. But does a does/can a supercharger have a boost contoller? (I may be wrong so please correct me) does a boost controller in a turbo car work with the wastegate and for example you can set the controller at any psi(8psi) and the wastegate will throw all the air away if too much exhaust gases spin the turbine. So if the boost go past 8psi then the wastegate will throw the boost away?

Can anyone please tell me why people are afraid of high psi(boost)?
I read that it caused detonation but how does pressurlized air do that?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Air pressure and temperature are related mathmatically. Shown by the equation PV=nRT (the ideal gas law, P=pressure, V=volume, n=number of moles of the chemical, R= is a some constant, T=temperature). the other variables drop out after some calculations to end with P=T. So higher the pressure of the air, the temperature of the air. If the temperature gets too high, it can prematurerly detonate the fuel in the cyclinder. However if the air was cooled before the fuel was mixed, there is a less likely of premature detonantion. Which is why with higher boost pressure, an intercooler is recommended.

posted by  Coffin Type R

Thanks a lot man.

posted by  CarEXPERT

I think you have the right idea but don't have a complete grasp of the reason why. Let me ask you a question that will prove my point.

I have three 10 cubic foot containers. I pressurize the first tank to 3,000 psi with just plain air. The second tank I vacuum down to 100 inches of mercury. The last tank I simply leave the valve open, no pressure or vacuum. Now I take all three containers and put them on a table inside a room where the temperature is controlled at 70 degrees F. I come back 12 hours later and all three are still reading the same as when I left them, 3,000 psi, 100 inches of mercury and zero. Which one is hottest, which one is coldest or are they all the same?

posted by  vwhobo

3000 PSI WILL BE HOTER!!. BECAUSE ITS MORE PRESSURE!!

posted by  CarEXPERT

Really? Are you sure? Here's a little science experiment for you. Go get two can's of soda. Hold one in each hand. Now take the one in your right hand and shake it real hard for three seconds. Which one is hotter?

posted by  vwhobo

i DONT HAVE 2 SODA CANS BUT I THINKING THE ONE YOU SHAKE WILL BECAUSE IF YOU OPEN IT IT EXPLODED. SO WHATS THAT SOPPOST TO MEAN? DO YOU HAVE A POINT?

posted by  CarEXPERT

I'm trying to get to your point, vwhobo. I thinking along carexpert's lines using boyle's law (The principle that at a constant temperature the volume of a confined ideal gas varies inversely with its pressure.), but you have something up your sleeve. So... what is it? more pressure, more temperature, examples seen in places like space, where there's a low temp and a low pressure. soooo.... enlighten us, please!

Carexpert, turn off the caps, it just makes you look like a dumbass.

posted by  Godlaus

Learn how to spell correctly that makes you look like a bigger dumbass. :finger:

Were still waiting for that reply HOBO. or do you just not know what was the point of that and you wanted to sound smart like ME!! :laughing:

posted by  CarEXPERT

*sigh*
you must be joking, carexpert. You can't criticize someone's spelling unless yours is perfect. (Try throwing an 'o' onto that 't' at the end). It makes you look like a hypocrite. Secondly, it wasn't my spelling that was off, it was a typo, a typing accident. NOT a spelling problem. So don't start a grammer flame war with me.

You see, carexpert, on forums, you have to wait for somebody to reply, not expect them to talk back as soon as you post your thoughts. In georgia, it's probably about 9-10 o'clock (forgot the time change things), and if you have a full time job, you probably go to work early in the morning, hence you go to sleep early. can you really not wait till tommorrow for a reply?

posted by  Godlaus

WHAT T ON THE TO??? DAMN YOU REALLY ARE A DUMBASS, I WAS JUST KIDDIN WITH YOU EARLIER BUT NOW I MEAN IT. YOUR WHOLE SPELLING WAS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MISSPELLED LIKE 10 WORDS. :tard: <--YOU

posted by  CarEXPERT

I'll give you 100 bucks if you can find 5.

Like I said before. Typo. Your grammer is way off, so don't be a hypocrite

posted by  Godlaus

SARCASIM you dumbass. who cares about grammer, as long as you can understand it but your whole spelling was like way off. :read: <--read

posted by  CarEXPERT

What?!?!?

You say sarcasm, but then you say my spelling was off? Or did you mean about the 10 things being mis-spelled. In that case, it's a hyperbole, not sarcasm (Spelling on your part).

Not a single thing is mis spelled in my post that you're btching about. The only thing that's could even be considered mis-spelled is 'till' which I purposely mis-spelled for slang effect.

So, please, show me what I mis-spelled.

posted by  Godlaus

Hey i never said i could spell but you mis-spelled a lot of things when i was reading it. But who cares its not a big deal, just that i had a hard time figuring it out but who cares so lets just drop it. :thumbs:

HAHHAH you edit it. it shows when you edit it you know. :orglaugh:

posted by  CarEXPERT

In this statement, the temperature will be the same becasue you have a set volume. However, suddenly change the volume, the temperature will change inversely. BTW, is this gauge pressure? or standard pressure?

posted by  Coffin Type R

yes, becauses you won't stop btching at me until I do edit it. Also, editing my posts has no effect, the original is in your posts as a quote from me. PLan and simple, carexpert. Pick your fights carefully.

Please explain, cuz as far as I see, heat is molecules moving around quickly. So, when you compact more of them, the move little, but there's a lot of them moving, so there's heat. Where's the flaw in my reasoning?

posted by  Godlaus

Plan? you dont make sense man. Maybe you should plan to shut the :fu: up with all the cussing cause there is no point to this aguing.
by the way :fu: yea that means f*** you

posted by  CarEXPERT

PLAIN. PLAIN. if you don't know what it means, then ask.

Aguing? What the hell is aguing? (sarcasm)

Hopefully you can understand words with one little word missing.

posted by  Godlaus

True, however when you contain the molecules, you are limiting the volume they can move around. Temperature is a form of energy, as is the movement of the molecules, i.e. kinetic energy. The movement of the molecules is kinetic energy. Now start to compress the volume of the molecules. The temperature will start to rise because the movement the molecules is decreased. But they still have energy to release and that is converted into heat energy. Temperature is the measure of the difference of heat energy.

I hope this made sense, because it sounded good in my head.

posted by  Coffin Type R

ahahahahaha

yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

posted by  Godlaus

Glad to have helped.

posted by  Coffin Type R

So are you saying that when air is compressed, temperature rises or not?

posted by  CarEXPERT

This for a turbocharger, without intercooler.

In a turbo, air is compressed, so it is much more denser. Here there is some initial temperature inrease,but the volume of the air hasn't changed, yet. Then it travels into the intake and mixed with the fuel. The volume is still the same. Then the mixture travels into the cylinder. The mixture is compressed even further and the temperature increases further. If the temperature is gets to the "flash point" of the fuel mixture before the spark plug ignites, the mixture prematurely detonates.

posted by  Coffin Type R

hey carexpert u sound so opposit from your name...SUPRA AND 300zx IS IN SAME CLASS...they created to compete and top one another....

edited >> makes me laugh when u said "What do you mean they are in the same class? Supra is a toyota and zx is Nissan."

posted by  BigBadBrat

i wish i could block/ignore every one of car"expert"s posts.
they make me want to die

posted by  b_DuB13

When has car the lack of car knowledge sunken so low?

posted by  Coffin Type R

Your still a lill asshole anit you! well i didnt expect a change from a punk like you!

BMW are certainly not a celebrity car for starters X wrong! :fu:

that because idiots like well what? .. what? what do idiots like? who said it was a case about what people do and dont know about cars no one did so up yours again ! im saying the general public from what ive seen favour the supra over the 300ZX!

No ive never worked on a supra or a 300zx but ive read reviews brought magazines and look at performances articles relating to both cars! thats no rubbish either! its all fact! FACT your a dick!

I said aimed dick head! i never said it will but there u go again opening ya mouth full of crap before you think! well done retard you gained an extra 12 moron points!

! yet again proof you really dont think! your so up yaself for someone who talks n scrobbles so much crap! hell i bet you didnt know this or didnt know that i dont care asshole really i dont!if i want your advice ill ask for it!

ohh yea this last bit

300ZX
300 bhp @ 6400 rpm
283 ft lbs @ 3600 rpm
0-60 6.0 s
no top speed hey?? 155mph or didnt you know that dick?
3474.5 lbs
1/4 14.1 and you know this because? i dont give a shit about 1/4 mile times thats depends on the driver you retard!

Supra
324 bhp @ctually
325.28 ft lbs @ 4800
0-60 4.9
tops of 155mph as well
3620 lbs
Sorry to sock it to you ass hole but the supra has 324BHP

Not nice being an asshole is it? but someones gotta do it DSMER! :thumbs:

posted by  Lukaz

Im gonna look like an idiot but I dont care.

When you say 300bhp, what is B. i know what hp is but is B breaking horsepower? I dont really know why they somethimes use this but can anyone explain why they use bhp?? :confused: :confused:

By the way, what is the engine code for that civic type R? K20a? Thanks in advance

posted by  CarEXPERT

The new civic type R use the K20a engine
the JDM / graymarket civic type R use the B16 engine

brake horsepower(BHP): This is the usable power which is measured at the crank shaft rather than the wheels or the drive shaft. the 'b' clarifies that it was measured with a brake dynamometer.

To be honest! the diffrence between BHP and HP is well nearly utterly pointlessly significant!

the states of each would come to look like example (DIN) 605 hp (SAE) 612 bhp
or a rough ratio of DIN/SAE = 1.01157 (me being stupid there :screwy: ) so 1.012 is the diffrence between!

One SAE/British Horsepower is 746 watts/0.746 kilowatts.
One DIN/JIS HP/PS is 735.5 watts.
SAE = Society of Automotive Engineers.
DIN = International Standards Organisation.
PS = Abbreviation for German term for horsepower.
JIS = Japanese Standards Institute.
1 DIN/JIS hp = 0.986 SAE/British hp

a lot of times companys give false results and have been known to fudge there own horsepower ratings about! which gets them into big trouble! it got the ford which there mustang cobra which gave a lesser rated result than the manufacturers said. Ford ended up doing considerable warranty work to bring the numbers up where they belonged! to give false infomation on the horsepower of a car to a customer is a fraud and as such. But in most cases no one seems to care!

posted by  Lukaz

That engine picture right there that says i-vtec and is red and white, is that the K20a or K20a3 because i seen the K20a3 in an RSX type S. Do you know what the diffrence between a type R and a regular one? What does R in type R mean. And what does S in type S mean. What other types are there? Thanks in advance.

posted by  CarEXPERT

the picture in my sig is the i-vtec which is the K20a . the K20A is found in both the DC5 Integra Type-R and the CL7 Accord Euro-R which produces over 200HP at the wheels. The K20A3 is used in the honda civic Si which produces about 160HP.
The K20A2 is used in the RSX type S

Type R stands for RACING!
Type S stands for Sport!

posted by  Lukaz

Thanks a lot man. Since you know alot about honda and acuras, can you tell me why some hondas are SI and some SiR?Whats the diffrence between them? Are there SiRs in the US?

posted by  CarEXPERT

OK! honda SI and SIR have a few diffrences

When you look at the two its a case of hmm i dont see anything really diffrent apart from the badges!

Its the mechanics which changed things. The SIR has dual overhead cams DOHC instead of a single overhead camshaft, it has a higher compression ratio(10.2:1) and the cylinders have a shorter stroke and a wider bore.

So after all that ^

Civic SIR - puts out 160BHP @ 7600 RPM. from a 1.6 you do the math!
thats 100 BHP per litre! and an 111lb ft of torque @ 7300 RPM

Civic SI - 127BHP @ 6600 RPM. And 107 lb ft of torque @ 5500 RPM (the new K20A3 does 160BHP now!)

My mate at uni has a anniversary edition of the SIR ! :smoke: HOT!! :thumbs:

anyway this is kinda unrelated to the topic at hand so no futher questions :thumbs:

posted by  Lukaz

I will answer the second question. Yes, there are SiR's in the US. If you don't believe me, check the internet.

posted by  Coffin Type R

Just to correct you, the Si is DOHC. I think theyre the same car but in Europe they say SiR. In austrailia they call it vti.

posted by  CarEXPERT

The civic SI 2000 has 160hp and is DOHC vtec so i dont know which SI your talking about

posted by  CarEXPERT

NO the SI is SOHC to correct you! :orglaugh:

The 1993 SI uses a D16 engine SOHC VTEC!

we have the VTI in UK. and its not the SI

the VTI uses a B16A2 engine! that produces 160BHP !

posted by  Lukaz

HOLD UP! so you live in UK. I live in US. I think its diffrent here and there. I think the vti means SI in US becasue the 99-00' civic SI uses the b16a2. and is 160 and its vtec and DOHC. HEy what do you guys call the 2002+ civics thats a hatchback and has the K20a3 with i-vtec.

posted by  CarEXPERT

the newer civic.

posted by  fudge

what name!? in US we call it SI. un UK what? :doh:

posted by  CarEXPERT

most call it a civic, some call it a type r. i call it a civic. afterall it is badged as a civic.

posted by  fudge

We have:-

1.3 IMA SE
1.4i
1.6 VTEC SE
1.7 CTDi
1.6 VTEC Sport
2.0 Type-S
2.0 Type-R

That enough info?? :sleep:

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

Your still a lill asshole anit you! well i didnt expect a change from a punk like you!
You still can't speak proper english and you live in the UK, but you don't hear me pissing down your chimeny.

BMW are certainly not a celebrity car for starters X wrong! :fu:
Is that so? Then why does every other celebrity drive one? I guess its not a celebrity car I mean only thousands of world-known people drive them. But hey who gives a shit about pro-athletes, musicians, and actors they are'nt famous.

that because idiots like well what? .. what? what do idiots like? who said it was a case about what people do and dont know about cars no one did so up yours again ! im saying the general public from what ive seen favour the supra over the 300ZX!
Yeah, n I'm hoping to god that "general public" is alot smarter than you are.

No ive never worked on a supra or a 300zx but ive read reviews brought magazines and look at performances articles relating to both cars! thats no rubbish either! its all fact! FACT your a dick!
So I suppose using your thinking, I can read about WWII and say I was there. I mean I've seen pictures, know the facts and dates. So I guess I know more about it than people who were actually in it...

I said aimed dick head! i never said it will but there u go again opening ya mouth full of crap before you think! well done retard you gained an extra 12 moron points!
Oh no you have them. Becuase everyone is keeping track of the "moron point system"

! yet again proof you really dont think! your so up yaself for someone who talks n scrobbles so much crap! hell i bet you didnt know this or didnt know that i dont care asshole really i dont!if i want your advice ill ask for it!
This is a forum. I don't know about you wierd ass English people but in America we have a thing called freedom of speech. You don't have to ask for my opinion in order to recieve it, but I guess in UK or whever the hell you live you go arround everyday and ask people can you say hello to them before you actually do but oh no wait, if you ask them without them asking you is'nt that violating YOUR rules of don't give me any info unless I ask? So how in the hell do you plan on communicating with any intelligible lifeforms? I suppose primative beating your chest shall suffice ey monkey boy?
ohh yea this last bit

300ZX
300 bhp @ 6400 rpm
283 ft lbs @ 3600 rpm
0-60 6.0 s
no top speed hey?? 155mph or didnt you know that dick?
3474.5 lbs
1/4 14.1 and you know this because? i dont give a shit about 1/4 mile times thats depends on the driver you retard!

Supra
324 bhp @ctually
325.28 ft lbs @ 4800
0-60 4.9
tops of 155mph as well
3620 lbs
Sorry to sock it to you ass hole but the supra has 324BHP

Right... but I guess Toyota just rated it at 320 because they felt like it. Yeah that works out right. Why even list the top speed on a speed limited car? Wow thats really important. My car can get to 155 before the limiter kicks in, WOW so can mine!. My god your about as dumb as they can possible get.

posted by  DSMer

why r you putting this down, and where are you from first of all. There's a type S civic????

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well, you can see what I chose.

Why?

Mostly Price, a 300zxtt of the same year is half the cost of a used supra TT of the same year, so why bother with the Supra TT if they have in basic the same performance but you can get the 300ZXTT for half as much?

posted by  thunderbird1100

i have to go with him, i'd go with the 300ZX TT, with the money you get with a supra you could buy a 300ZX and a few parts to easily out perform a supra, and when people see the supra, they say "whoa look a fast car" but when people see a 300ZX they don't think anything about it, which will be a shocker to them when you blow off their supra's doors

posted by  240SXSR20DET

im a supra lover and im thinking about buying one in year
i think when u look at the stok HP u should also look at the capacity of it tooo i think supra has more capacity then 300z's.... and i gota say supra looks way better then TTZ...

posted by  toyota supra

umm...the 300zx TT is slow ass balls....if your talking MkIV supras, then there is no reason to not go with a supra for this debate. Old school, umm....well....almost gonna say the same mostly because the old 300's were FUGLY. The reason being is that the 300zx uses two rather small turbos, which give good low speed power but the the turbos reach there peak WAY to early, then make loads of heat and no power. Thats the factory trim, but in comparison to the Supra, the Supra has the uperhand off the bat.

posted by  Low Impedance

http://www.apexlogik.net/z/Zdrift.WMV

posted by  nim1985

ok..... :screwy:

posted by  GreekWarrior

all cars can drift not just japanese make and models im tired of people thinking only those cars can drift.

Considering the new Gto has won a drifting competition.

Ok anyways.

Id go with the supra its just cooler (imo)

posted by  Aondor

I say bah to V8's drifting.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message