97 Accord 4cyl engine cover?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  97 Accord 4cyl engine cover?

Hello all,

Well, the 97 Accord was serviced at the same place it is always serviced, so I didn't expect any problems.

When I got it back and opened it up to top-off the windshield wiper fluid, I noticed the engine was shiny, clean silver.

This struck me immediately because I am used to a black plastic cover.

The dealership thinks I am crazy.

I don't know what this cover is called. I've searched for it everywhere; can't even find pictures.

Please, if anybody knows what I am talking about, let me know what this is called, and, if at all possible, let me know how/where I can get a picture.

Thank you much for your time, they won't even talk to me without me knowing exactly what I am talking about or some sort of reference to the part (e.g. picture)

Thank you,
twotowers

posted by  twotowers

im sorry, but i dont believe that 97 accords had engine covers to begin with, i know what youre talking about too... but not to mention, i dont think honda makes engine covers for 4 cylinders either... maybe your valve cover was just really really dirty?

posted by  mazda6man

There is no way it was dirty.

It's a 1997 Accord with only 52K on it.

Everything has a thin layer of the usual road/engine dirt on it - except for this shiny, silver valve cover(?) that shocked me as soon as I opened the hood.

Also there is this mounting bracket that goes to nothing now.

I will post a link to pictures as soon as I take them in the daylight tomorrow.

Thanks.

posted by  twotowers

:O
I'm pretty sure that car has the f22 or f23 I6
=/

posted by  b_DuB13

Someone put some pics up for me.

These are the acutal pics of my car.

I swear there was a plastic cover there, hiding that silver valve cover, which I have never seen before (I was taken aback when I first saw it because it is a big difference from black.

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~deborde2/pics.htm

thanks for your input

posted by  twotowers

Input. It's time to put away the hallucinogenic drugs for a while. That engine did not come from the factory with any type of cover installed. Maybe the black thing you saw on top of the engine was the old Grateful Dead album you couldn't find.

Nice shiny valve cover. Maybe they spilled oil on it and wiped it off.
http://webpages.marshall.edu/%7Edeborde2/ENGINE.JPG

Engine lift tab. Oddly enough used for removal or installation of the engine. Installed at factory, been there since day one, nothing attaches to it.
http://webpages.marshall.edu/%7Edeborde2/BRACKET.JPG

Threaded hole makes valve cover usable in different models of car. Never had a black plastic cover bolted to it.
http://webpages.marshall.edu/%7Edeborde2/HOLE.JPG

Geez! If you have any extra mushrooms you want to get rid of send me a PM, I'll be happy to take them off your hands.

posted by  vwhobo

f22 is I4...

posted by  mazda6man

To vwhobo: hey you think u smart. why dont you shut the hell up for 2 seconds. that engine is clearly a mustang engine you dumbass. I work for the mustang place so i know my shit.

posted by  CarEXPERT

what was the point of that post? ...honestly, who does that?

posted by  mazda6man

the point is that hobo is a dumbass. he doesnt know his shit because thats a mustang engine and he is only spaming bullshit.

posted by  CarEXPERT

thats just why theres a honda logo on the valve cover...

posted by  mazda6man

Okay, Douche Bag, I'll play your silly game. Tell us all what year Mustang came with a transverse four cylinder engine. Yeah, that's what I thought.

BTW, for anyone who is interested, Testacle Expert sent me this PM;

Is it okay to call him a dumb f*ck now or do I have to wait?

posted by  vwhobo

no there isnt you stupid ass. damn you dont know shit about cars do you. thats a mustang gt V6 engine. Damn ppl are getting stupier everyday. dont argue me Mr. Mazda-On-Crack.

posted by  CarEXPERT

look at the black arrow... looks like an "H"

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/561000-561999/561688_62.j pg

looks like we have another "what" on our hands

posted by  mazda6man

probably cant tell on that pic, but look in the same area on the other pictures...

looks like an "H" to me, anyone else think so?

and like hobo said... havent seen tomany mustangs with engines placed that way, last i thought stangs are FR

posted by  mazda6man

Hey Testicle Expert, have you figured out what year Mustang came with a transverse four? We're waiting.

posted by  vwhobo

hey hobo, you see the H on the cover too?

posted by  mazda6man

Hey dumbass! shut the F*** up! the mustang gt V6 engine you dumbass. Can you read? I didnt think so you stupid little kid. damn little kids these days thinking their so cool. :fu: Like i said its a MUSTANG GT V6. jus incase you didnt catch that.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Why are you even letting this idiot make you second guess yourself. You could put a big ass Ford sticker on the valve cover and it would still obviously be a Honda engine.

My guess is that this is just one more person who came on this forum sounding stupid and I called him on it. Now he's back with a different name giving me grief. I'd give odds that if the mods checked his IP it would be the same as the person who started this thread. Any takers?

posted by  vwhobo

ok still, even if in some wacky wild way its a V6 (which due to the fact i see 4 spark plugs, i know hondas incredibly well and i know its not), wouldnt a mustang V6 be placed the other way so that its RWD?

posted by  mazda6man

Still waiting for that answer ass boy.

posted by  vwhobo

you got a response hobo? I didnt think so cause im right. Ill forgive you man yur just a little kid trying to learn.

HEY HOBO DICKHEAD. ITS A ****ING MUSTANG GT V6. its not that hard to read if you go to schoo.

posted by  CarEXPERT

im not second guessing, im just trying to get some backup so that he looks like a bigger dummy...

and youre probably right, its probably that same kid or something...

posted by  mazda6man

Tick, tock. Time is running out sh*t bag.

posted by  vwhobo

i find this thread rather amusing now... its kind of funny... people are funny

posted by  mazda6man

ITS A ****ING MUSTANG GT V6 DUMBASS KID. **** kids are annoying these days.
you guys should seriously do some research because you guys dont have a clue what yur talking about

posted by  CarEXPERT

Yes you are. Does your mommy know you're up late using her computer? Time for nighty night Twinkie.

posted by  vwhobo

haha, even funnier now...

posted by  mazda6man

hey why do u guys think im somebody that was here? this is my first time here. i just joined today. Seriously you can ask anyone. Sorry about the mustang i was wrong. I shouldnt have ate thoes shrooms! thats a B- series engine.
what is the exact engine code for that?

that has to be a b16 engine. anyone think diffrently?

posted by  CarEXPERT

My, my. Look at the PM I just recieved;

Now he want's an answer... and didn't even start off with an apology. My response consists of two words. F*ck off. :fu:

posted by  vwhobo

its still funy cuz its not b series... thats just my honda geek side laughing... dont mind me...

posted by  mazda6man

is it D- series. if your so smart tell me.

posted by  CarEXPERT

f series

posted by  mazda6man

Im positive the f series is S2000. i think its zc or d series.

posted by  CarEXPERT

heres a link...
fseries used to be accord motors, but they change... and get upgraded...

accord f22
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://evteam.gambitdesign.com/album s/album08/S3500001.thumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://evteam.gambitdesign.com/galle ry/album01%3Fpage%3D3&h=113&w=150&sz=13&tbnid=n2DuPy0G25gJ:&tbnh=67&tbnw=88 &start=9&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daccord%2Bf22%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

posted by  mazda6man

thanks for the dumb link. it didnt showed anything? hey where are the engine codes on the engine.

posted by  CarEXPERT

on the exhaust side next to the tranny

posted by  mazda6man

I dont know if anyone else saw this post in another thread but look how old our freind Carexpert is, this is what he wrote: :laughing:
I want to learn more about it. Im only 14 years old now and want to know more about engine swaps so if you have any good links with good info can you please help me out. :laughing: grow up kid!

posted by  kwachipowracing

:fu: fuk you kid

posted by  CarEXPERT

nah its not a B16...

posted by  yuvi

no shit dumbass

posted by  CarEXPERT

Your Message