Let's talk about rims. Toyota Corolla 91'

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Let's talk about rims. Toyota Corolla 91'

So, my cousin is sellin me a Toyota Corolla 91' from a shop he works at for about $2,750 yeah pretty old car, but, they've taken good care of it, got new paint on it this yr, lowered n installed, nice interior, fixed the engine so it runs like it's brand new.

Right now, it has 13" rims on it i think. I wanna put either 15"-17" inch rims on it. Since it's lowered..he was saying that if i put a 15"-17" inch rim on it, the ride won't be as smooth cuz the tire might hit the fender on bumps. Is there a way to solve that? do i have to raise it back up again? or would it be ok to put the 15"-17" inch rims on it? I wanna go 17" though, but, if I'm short on money, or if the car won't allow it, i'll put 15" or 16".

Also, how are the rides on the 17" rims? Is it not adviseable to lower and put large rims on a car? I'll probably be usin' the car to drive back n forth to college, about a 45min ride everyday each way. I wanna look "flashy" but also want a smooth ride. So, what do i do with the rims? I don't wanna keep the 13" on that Toyota, looks like it could go bigger.

posted by  Armil

So you want to put 15' to 17" "rims" on it, do ya? What about the rest of the wheel? If you only have the "rim", how are you going to attach it to the car? Wouldn't you feel stupid because you only bought "rims" instead of the entire wheel for your car?

More importantly, don't you feel stupid by coming on to a forum and using the wrong word seven freaking times in the same post? If you're old enough for college you should be old enough to make proper use of the English language. Try it sometime.

posted by  vwhobo

vwhobo, your being pretty mean to a first timer. Well, i would advise against the 17inchers, one they are not flashy but tacky (for your wheel size), two; they put more weight and strain onto your engine. And overall, if you have the money to buy 17inchers why not spend it on something more useful like engine modifications that not only increase horsepower but fuel efficency. And its college, save up your money for future purposes, life is full of surprises and money does not grow on trees, you want to be prepared for those surprises.

posted by  aerith

wvhobo thats the way to say it. I love reading your posts man im a BIG fan of you. I must have read all your posts from day one. Your info is so accurate and your so smart. wvhobo is not only super intelligent but funny when it comes to flaming.

posted by  CarEXPERT

okay...

posted by  Zalight

Ohhh im sorry. I mean, the RIMS and the TIRES, I wasnt sure if your Conestoga wagon from da deep Cajun country had those. And i'm in awe that your intellect can count to the number 7..the 7 times i used the "wrong word"..i wasn't sure if it could be produced by someone who's parents are his own brother and mother.

Now do you feel stupid for messin with a college boy? haha.. :fu: I may the the new kid around the block, but you'll always be the shit on my shoes...yah i wear shoes unlike your redneck ass. 2 can play at this game.

oh..n thanx for the tips from the other ppl. Maybe i should get 60" "rims" so i can run over this guys farm.

posted by  Armil

The more you type the more stupidity you display. Do I feel stupid for messing with a college boy? No, I feel I've wasted my time because you are a typical, self centered, egotistical, arrogant and let's not forget STUPID little wannabe. You, and people like you, are the problem with society today. The only thing you've gotten right so far is calling yourself a boy.

You continue to use the word "rim" even after you've been corrected and given the chance to use the proper word. You have shown yourself to be a worthless and insignificant individual who will no doubt wash out during your first semester and even the lowest level of post secondary education.

By the way Twinkie, how does it feel to mess with a man that has two degrees. Go crawl back under your rock.

posted by  vwhobo

The more that YOU write..the more it shows how low of a life you live. you've posted over 3thousand times on these forums. I bet you live half of you life at work on the computer, then the other half of your life on the computer AT home. doing what? probably hitting the refresh button hoping someone replies to your statements..and finding posts to reply to with off topic remarks.

Nope, not a first yr. first sem. "college boy" here... 3rd yr actually. And who gives a crap about your 2 degrees anyways? should we all take a step back so that you could think up some more worthless replies? I can see your subtle ways of tryin' to actually "be someone" on these forums..when in fact, you're probably the guy at work that ppl hate to hear speak, because of the worthlessness that comes out of your mouth.

N i'll tell tell you what the problem in society is..it's the stuck up ppl like you, and those that feel they need to control other ppls decisions. I'll tell you what, look at the ppl around you, nobody wants to be anywhere near you n nobody wants you in their lives. So go on and keep searchin for more posts to reply to, n keep searchin for replies to you. Do what you do, hopefully you can make 5000posts by the end of the year! :clap:

posted by  Armil

Unfortunately you're missing the point... Or more correctly you're attempting to divert peoples attention from the real issue here. You are unable or unwilling to simply recognise the fact that you are using the word "rim" when you mean to say wheel, which is the correct name. Either way you are displaying your stupidity by not doing so AND you're not even man enough to admit it and then change your ways. You, little man, will someday wake up and realize that words mean things... Or you'll remain an unemployed college boy. At this point I vote for B.

posted by  vwhobo

dumbass idiot :screwy: . Why do you insult vwhobo, he is 100000 times more intelligent than you. Get on the good side of him cause he can really help you with anything.

posted by  CarEXPERT

he's not going to take your advice, he's just going to have to figure that out for himself. besides, quit kissing ass, carexpert, this post wasn't, but the pervious one of yours was.

posted by  Godlaus

americans use the word headers instead of exhaust mainfold but i don't bitch about it. also you use the term ricer instead of asian cars but i don't bitch about that either. rims,chromes, who cares? :screwy:

let the flame wars begin!! :orglaugh: :guns:

posted by  fudge

Well let's see, could it be that while a header is in fact an exhaust manifold, an exhaust manifold is not necessarily a header? Two things that perform the same basic function but are completely different animals. And where exactly did you get the information that "americans use the word headers instead of exhaust mainfold"?

If you had a clue what a ricer is, you wouldn't have even made the second statement. Besides anyone with a clue, which of course leaves you out, knows that a ricer doesn't even have to be an Asian car. There are plenty of riced European and American cars.

Finally, if you don't care about misuse of the English language, that is your prerogative. However I won't sanction it. Go merrily on your way through life calling wheels "rims", displaying your stupidity on the way. Have a great life.

posted by  vwhobo

How can a header be an exhaust manifold but an exhaust manifold isnt a header. I thought the correct term was exhaust manifold but people just call them header for short of exhaust header.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Exhaust manifold;
http://www.stevensparts.com/images/EXHAUST_MANIFOLDS/GENERAL_MOTORS/1862L.J PGhttp://www.stevensparts.com/images/EXHAUST_MANIFOLDS/GENERAL_MOTORS/1404R .JPGhttp://www.stevensparts.com/images/EXHAUST_MANIFOLDS/FOREIGN/58373.JPG< br />

Header;
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/bbk-40050_w.jpghttp ://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/bbk-1532_w.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

Now im really confused. The exhaust manifold picture, what the hell is that man, how many cylinders does that exhaust manifold go to. there is only 3 pipe into 1. The picture that says header on it is an exhaust manifold and also a header.

posted by  CarEXPERT

errr okay. :sleep:

posted by  fudge

I asked you a specific question, how about a specific answer. Or are you just another candy ass who can't deal with facts? Yeah, that's it.

posted by  vwhobo

vwhobo how do you say they are diffrent but function the same. You said they are diffrent animals, how are they diffrent?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Did you look at the pictures and notice any differences in constuction or materials? And I never said they funtion the same. What I said was "Two things that perform the same basic function but are completely different animals." Read all the words, everytime.

posted by  vwhobo

well for a candy ass remark to your last post, headers and exhaust manifolds aren't living organisms so calling them animals makes you 10 times more stupid according to your narrow minded approach to life?

posted by  fudge

The exhaust manifold is more darker in construction to withstand the hot gasses right? The headers are like a lighter color and smooth. I'm not sure if im right but the function of an exhaust manifold is to take the exhaust gasses from the cylinders and connect all the pipes from each cylinder to one and the one pipe goes down the uppipe. So what is the function of the header than. What is the diffrence in terms of function then vwhobo?

posted by  CarEXPERT

lol i had enough of petty facts for 1 day, as for the corolla 15 inches looks fine. anything over 15" would look a bit odd.

posted by  fudge

It's a common figure of speech which you are no doubt too stupid to understand, but back to the point. Answer this very specific question, it is your third chance. And where exactly did you get the information that "americans use the word headers instead of exhaust mainfold"?

posted by  vwhobo

Can anyone answer my question? Whats the diffrence between the exhaust manifold and header :cussing:

posted by  CarEXPERT

You're way too impatient and ask far too many questions that you could find the answer to with a little effort on your part. If you really want to learn, do the work it takes to research this information. If you only want to be spoon fed I certainly don't have time for it... And I'll bet nobody else does either.

posted by  vwhobo

:cussing: I know what an exhaust manifold is but you said that the header and exhaust manifold basiclly have the same function but diffrent animals or something like that. Care to prove me wrong that an exhaust manifold is a header?

posted by  CarEXPERT

An exhuast Manifold routes the exhaust gasses of a vehicle into a single pipe.

A header uses equal length tubes from each individual cylinder and combines the tubes into one to enhance exhaust efficiancy.

posted by  Zalight

So a exhaust manifold doesnt have equal length pipe when it goes for example 4 pipes into 1, and a header has equal length 4 to 1 right? :read:

posted by  CarEXPERT

That is somewhat correct, but is not accurate in all cases for either headers or manifolds. The primary benefit of headers over manifolds is contained in the last three words of your post (misspelling excepted).

Wow. You must be highly practiced at the art of reverse phsycology. I almost spilled the beans and answered your question. :roll:

posted by  vwhobo

:cussing: WHAT??? YOU DONT MAKE ANY SENSE MAN. BLAB BLOOP BLAB... SHUT DA HELL UP FOR .2 SECONDS. :cussing:

:asshake: :joking:

posted by  CarEXPERT

from a car mag in england but seeing obviously you're not from england, they are considered the same things. and after zalights description of a header, they are both exhaust manifolds round here. but i'm not gonna go out of my way to convince you that this is true, you can go to england yourself to find out. call me stupid, taunt all you want-i don't care, i had enough of arguing with you. all you have been doing to this thread is boasting about your knowledge of cars, if you don't have any positive suggestions for Armil's corolla then do us all a favour and STFU.

BTT good places to buy parts for corollas is www.club4ag.com. members there have wheels to sell but i'm not sure what style you want(old skool?).

posted by  fudge

I'm sorry, I only lived in England for four years. However when I lived there the people I dealt with were more than competent at distinguishing an exhaust manifold from a header. However, once again you've dodged the question.

You made the statement "americans use the word headers instead of exhaust mainfold". Not Brits, not Martians, not idiots named fudge, you specifically said "Americans". Now back the statement up. This is your last chance to gain any credibility on this forum. BTW, lose the unsolicited advertising in your post, or can't you read the rules either?

posted by  vwhobo

HAhahahah... fudge. Thanks vwhobo!! :thumbs:

posted by  CarEXPERT

do i have to back up my statements to make you happy? i guess 4 years in england not enough for you so i'd suggest you go back here and look instead of interrogating me. you talk like an a$$hole and you get the same treatment back. i guess it's called karma...

as for solicited advertising i'm just suggesting where to look for rims fo corollas unlike you trying to act the hard man and make everyone look small.

posted by  fudge

Why do you like talking about assholes so much? Are you one of those British rump rangers? Anyway, you still haven't answered the question. You are the one who made a statement but instead of answering the call, you keep yapping in circles like a worthless little dog.

If you can't give me a straight answer like a man, how about you quit wasting band width and just go away.

posted by  vwhobo

look who's talking mr hot shot? :orglaugh:

i could give you straight answers but this isn't your thread(although you kinda highjacked it) so you're not my priority. also just because you have over 3000posts to your name doesn't mean everyone respects you and follow your orders like a gimp.

lol i guess you could call me a rump ranger or a worthless little dog but petty insults do very little in a forum to deter ppl or to make yourself look superior. :sleep:

posted by  fudge

Your Message