honda prelude 01 upgrades questions

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  honda prelude 01 upgrades questions

hello all,

i have already mod my headers and intake system, my next project is getting my greddy evo full exhaust installed and i ran into a problem.
My friend is telling me that this exhaust that i have is going to require that i uninstall my cat-back and im being told by others on a site that i do not have to take it off. Before we disassemble the pipes i would like to know if any of you can set this straight...do i need to take out the cat-back or not? Here is a link to the site where i bought the exhaust from:

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=TP-10156620& variation=&aitem=9&mitem=17&back=yes&dept=207

david

posted by  deft0nez

it looks like a cat back setup. pretty basic.

posted by  (o) (o)

Umm, yup- as above. This system replaces your entire exhaust system from the catalytic converter back- hence "cat-back". You remove your stock setup, and replace it with this one. However, I will add that your friend doesn't know his shit, and I wouldn't recommend ever listening to him again on any matters concerning cars. Ever.

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

Perhaps reading (or maybe thinking) lessons would be in order for you. If you read the post he stated "My friend is telling me that this exhaust that i have is going to require that i uninstall my cat-back". Then you go on to tell him EXACTLY the same thing. Does that mean you also don't know shit and should never be listened to again? Probably. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Once again, time to butt heads with the hobo... He asked if he was going to have to uninstall his cat-back to put on this one. That sounds like to me that he doesn't understand the meaning of cat-back. Either way, I told him that to put on the Greddy item, he would first have to remove his stock cat-back setup. Hence, his friend was wrong. What more do you want???

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

I want you to read this thread enough times that you finally see where you told him the same thing his "stupid" friend did. If you're saying the same thing, how is his friend wrong but you are right?

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message