Anyone know Simple Honda Civic Upgrades?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Anyone know Simple Honda Civic Upgrades?

I have a 94 Honda Civic HB and I already have an import muffler and a ram air intake. I need more power so I wanted to know if anyone knew any CHEAP and EASY upgrades or DIY things. I thought about Headers, but they are expensive and really expensive for someone to put one. Any ideas?

posted by  Nickboxer7

engine swap.
k-series

posted by  CarEXPERT

That's very funny. Too bad that is neither cheap nor easy. I don't just have an engine laying around. Do you have any more ideas?

posted by  Nickboxer7

Save up for a B18b, $800 complete. Don't waste time on a D series motor.

posted by  thunderbird1100

b18c1
GSR
Yes that would be good

posted by  CarEXPERT

To be honest, you should save up for an engine swap and turbo. B18 will probably be the most bang for the buck unless you find a good deal on another engine. Just curious, what is this import muffler you speak of? You didn't put a fart can on an economy car did you?

posted by  Ground Rat

Agreed...get the GSR engine and turbo it...it's really the most simple way to make the Honda Civic go fast...then you can work on getting traction, shaving some pounds (not that Civic's are fat...but it's cheap speed), etc...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Stickers and lots of them, NOS, Type R etc. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yes I did put on an import sounding muffler. It is a Nakayama Racing Sport exhaust. It sounds deeper than almost any other import muffler around my town, except if you get into the really high RPM's. Is there something wrong with that?

posted by  Nickboxer7

You say it is like $800 complete. What is it for someone to put it in though? Like, $1000. I personally don't know anything about switching a motor, and don't have the time b/c that is the car I drive everyday. Do you have anymore advice for me?

posted by  Nickboxer7

Nah those things drop right in...so just get a shop that's done a ton of them...and ask how much it is...check in your area who does it and who does it cheaper...it's not a hard thing to do

posted by  NISSANSPDR

lolz yea 10,000 dollars later........

posted by  99hatch

I have to back this up.......

posted by  99hatch

what is the stock hp on b18c1?

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Read this page and learn :read:

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/engine.html

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Well im usre you could probably get about 3 or 4 grand out of the car. Heres my tip to you, sell it and get a RWD or AWD car and put money into it. just personal disgust for honda but RWD seems better for handling power. more options

posted by  High Impedance

Your Message