Should I get this 1997 Nissan 200sx SE?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Should I get this 1997 Nissan 200sx SE?

Hey you guys and gurls. (NOt sure if this is the right place to post.) Im looking to buy my first car (Have no money... well only 4000. I am very limited on choices.) Well i found this 1997 Nissan 200sx SE. I got a Carfax report on it. The car seems to be in good condition. But here are the specs:

Year/Make/Model: 1997 NISSAN 200SX/SE

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 1.6L L4 16V SEQ MFI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: ABS Optional, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows Optional, Power Steering, Air Conditioning Optional, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

No severe damage! (yey)
No major odometer problems! (yey)
No manufacturer buyback was ever reported (yey)

Failed Emissions Inspection (boo)

03/12/2004 99,454 California Inspection Station
Failed emissions inspection

03/12/2004 99,462 California Inspection Station
Failed emissions inspection

03/12/2004 99,468 California Inspection Station
Passed emissions inspection

It failed twice in a row... but how can the car fail twice and then pass all in one day? Im sorry I dont know much about cars, so I really need your opinions on 'if i should buy the car or not'. If you want to take a look at the full report. Email me at Racergyrl39@hotmail.com

posted by  Falsefaith

Wow, alot of failed inspections, kind of dangerous there, the problem could be expensive to fix. It's a decent car i guess, its good for getting you around. You should check specifically why it failed the previous emissions tests, muffler problem, catalytic converter, or worst case scenario something wrong with the engine.

posted by  aerith

I've heard that they're pretty good cars and I personally think they are kind of cool looking. The good thing for me is that I don't have to put my car through an emissions inspection. I live in MO. If we did have to though, I know just about every car in my city would fail because no one puts a new muffler or catalytic converter on until something stops working. You should see why it failed the tests though like the guy said before me.

posted by  Nickboxer7

Your Message