Greddy evo

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Greddy evo

my friend owns 96 honda accord 4dr, he has greddy evo catbak exhaust
compare to other exhaust i think personally greddy evo is better lookin
n better noise, so i went i got the same exhaust for my RSX the only diff
he has the ceramic n i have the stainless steel n its not loud as his
does anyone else noticed it or someone knows y?

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Exhausts dont sound the same on different engines. His tone will be deeper becayse he has more displacement. It shouldn't be louder, all Greddy cat-backs are limited to 95dB's.

posted by  thunderbird1100

it could be that his exhaust is at 95dB and yours is slightly or alot less which would explain the nosie difference also it could be that your car doesn't produce as much exhaust fumes.

posted by  D4NDO

greddy evo is to loud for me...

posted by  mazda6man

is there anyway to make it loud?¿

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Take off your cat and replace it with an off-road straight pipe.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Having a louder exhaust usually doesn't add more power. Unless you're switching to bigger pipe on a turbo engine or something like that.

posted by  RusMan

what makes the sound of the exhaust? in stock hondas it doesnt make sound but ricers put on like big ass mufflers and they are hella loud and deep. Do they just swap muffler or the whole thing, headers and stuff. What really makes that sound?
Thanks

posted by  CarEXPERT

muffler

posted by  carlos

but a bigger muffler doesnt add any horsepower or torque, why do rice boys do it? or is bigger better?

posted by  CarEXPERT

they try to compensate for other things if you know what i mean.........
horsepower

posted by  carlos

Carlos, will a bigger muffler give you more horsepower? rice boys tell me they do.

posted by  CarEXPERT

nope a cold air intake will give you about 5hp you think a muffler will, no way no how.a full exhaust sysytem will help you though

posted by  carlos

So all it does is make the exhaust tone louder. Carlos, excuse my ignorance but where does the uppipe go? and what is it function.

posted by  CarEXPERT

uppipe what does that mean?who told you about such a thing i've never heard of it?

posted by  carlos

it is suppost to be from the exhaust manifold to the turbo. You heard of down pipe right? that is the pipe that goes from the turbo to the exhaust system.

posted by  CarEXPERT

theres a downpipe that goes to the turbo on most engines... whereas on flat 4s like the impreza, it has an upipe to the turbo... upipe and downpipe are about the same, just a little different... (application wise)

posted by  mazda6man

Huh.. are you sure. The downpipe is the pipe that is at the back of the turbo and it goes down to the exhuast system. How can a downpipe go from the manifold to the turbo?

posted by  CarEXPERT

my bad, it goes down to the exhaust... brain fart

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message