If you have a ricer...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  If you have a ricer...

\\

I agree with Bavarian 100%. :thumbs:

posted by  vwmaniac

Post here and tell me why you like ur car.

I get so many ecuses from kids where i live. I think they're all complete idiots. I think that its completely stupid to make a civic look pimp especially when it can't do 0-60 in under 15 seconds...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Actually some are pretty quick, however they require an investment close to their actual value to make them competitive to any 'ole stock BMW...even 15yr old Bimmers and older...

posted by  BavarianWheels

i kinda thought this war ended a few years ago

posted by  mazda6man

I know. but i was bored so i wanted to start it back up just to see what people can say to defend their civics. lol

and bavarian wheels your right there. a stock bmw will be faster than almost any civic I've ever seen :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

does this look ricy?

posted by  (o) (o)

I'll take the rice power of a nissan skyline any day. :)

posted by  muddy4x4man

what the hell, here's another.

posted by  (o) (o)

What i mean when i say ricer is when these stupid kids put huge spoilers and shit like that on a honda civic (or something similar) that can't go any faster than 90 mph. I love the skyline. i do not think a skyline can even be considered a ricer. its too fast.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

lol :) thats a waste of money right there...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

:?: the rx7 was a waste of money?

posted by  (o) (o)

ChevySuxD0ng, which Civics have 0-60 times of over 15 seconds and top speeds of under 90mph?

posted by  snoopewite

No mazda makes okay cars (except for the miata, it's a girly car) the rx7 and rx8 are especially nice. i think those are two awsome cars.

And that hyundai accent is a huge ricer car. i can't stand cars like that. i don't care if it is somewhat fast or not. it looks totally gay.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

but i do like the hyundai girl... too bad hyundai is on her boobs.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

MOST skylines aren't very quick. Not so long ago I saw a stock Civic Type R beat a Skyline R33 GTSt. A GTSt could easily beat a 316i

posted by  57ock

The rx7 belongs to one of my friends. we pulled the engine, then sent it to rx7.com for them to build it. i think he went with the race port :mrgreen: .
singel turbo, apexi ecm, and alot more. the car dynod at 400 rwhp @ 13 lbs boost. the car is capable of running 18lbs easy. the car pulls hard, i belive it would kill all the lotus we have here. :D

posted by  (o) (o)

ChevySuxD0ng wrote -
"And that hyundai accent is a huge ricer car. i can't stand cars like that. i don't care if it is somewhat fast or not. it looks totally gay. but i do like the hyundai girl... too bad hyundai is on her boobs."

I don’t think that four-door Hyundai looks bad but it’s definitely a waste of money in my opinion. I thought you might appreciate this girl a bit more.

posted by  snoopewite

i dont think ive ever seen a riced out accent, haha, i have seen a riced out ecko... not exactly my favorite car in the whole world

posted by  mazda6man

miata's arn't girly cars. my father has one, not exactly rice, but he has the front air dam, the rear wing, and style bar to it. he has upgraded te suspension, i think by putting more bars under it. my dad has raced a cougar v6 to 80 and kept up with him.

still, hows it girly? its got more power stock than a ricer. any ricer.

EDIT: any modern ricer (ie civic, integra, etc)

posted by  stueck420

Everyone who isn't a girl here in idaho that has a miata is considered GAY by everyone else. especially the riced ones.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

not always... my friends dad had the miata M edition... pretty damn fast...ive been in it while goin 135mph, and my friend while driving it has pulled 145 in it (i think its kinda fast) and by all meens, hes not gay

posted by  mazda6man

hey hey hey stop with the homophobia goin around here! i don't appreciate this.

posted by  SuperJew

are you sayin ur gay?

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Maybe his forum name is pronounced, "ThooperJew"... :D ;)

LMAO :D Thats GREAT!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

specially considering that im not gay. my uncle is. and its just really stupid to misuse the term "gay" just use like stupid or terrible or monstrously bad.

posted by  SuperJew

I have a cousin that is stupid...so don't misuse stupid either... ;)

hahahaha

posted by  SuperJew

:D

Good come-back. thooper jew can't say anythin to that... :D :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Correction: "ThooperJew can't thay anything to that..."

correction: u have no life. why pick on someone who u don't know? for all u know i could be a 250 pound black man whos ready to kick your ass. or i could be your neighbor....yall really need a life.

posted by  SuperJew

Being that you've used the word, y'all...I'm quite confident you are nowhere near the Los Angeles area.

And who's picking on you? You are taking this razzing all too seriously. If you are not gay (slang meaning) then don't worry about it. If someone on this forum happens to think something is "gay", then rest assured they are not talking ill of your uncle.

And even if you are a huge 250 lb black dude...I wouldn't care much. It wouldn't be the first time I get my @$$ kicked and who knows...I might get a lucky shot in and drop you like a 250 lb bag of cement.

Lastly, for one that is so offended by the use of the word "gay", I find it more disturbing that you are stereotyping black men.

All in all...don't take this stuff to seriously...everyone is so "tough" over the net. I'd probably run from you anyway.

In the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Anyway, my cars are faster than yours. (as that is what this forum is all about.)

Have a great weekend!

haha...and youre right- i do live nowhere near california. im in NY.

posted by  SuperJew

:D

again. thooperjew had nothing to thay to that. :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Well first I must say, you talk alot of shit when you don't understand the full complexities of designing the perfect import. Yea, a Chevy 454 V8 has alot more torque, HP, the engine is bigger. Yea wow you guys compensate real well for the smaller things in your lives. But to be able to design a engine thats only 1.4, 1.6 hell maybe even up to 2.2 liters and have an engine that small running upwards of 180-240 mph and run 9 or less secs in the 1/4 then you have room to talk.

So now we have established the fact that they can run just as fast and just as good, what else is there.... oh yea, they also are real smooth sleak lookin cars with a nice body form, wheel base size and have a nice low weight distribution. So I guess ricers like their cars like their women, small, smooth, nice curves, bright glows and lights, and always fun to ride. Un like you true men who if you like your women like your cars, they're big, heavy, bulky ladies with crapy curves and a ruff less enjoyable ride.

So if you would just be so kind as to respect others opinions then maybe I won't have to tell your dumb ass off again.

posted by  bleachdskitle

Don't make me start pulling pics from Nat'l Geographic to show you your "rice women." :D

have you ever heard of a srt-4? they a small, 4 banger, economic, cool lookin (sorta), and one thing they have that ricers don't have is speed. they come with over 200 HP and they do 0-60 in under 6 secs. STOCK. they may have a FEW quality issues, but that's only bcuz this is the first year of production and there's ALLWAYS kinks with the first year of production. So don't go tell me that ricers are fast. they're only fast if you put at least 5 grand into 'em. and even then they are hardly fast. who cares if your car looks cool on the drag strip. all that matters is speed. so shut ur Japanese lovin mouth. (sorry if i offend any1, i'm not really racist)

PS: just a lil fact i'd throw in, the srt-4 is THE fastest car under $20,000.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Plz explain to me which US cars that normal people drag are big, heavy, bulky, crappy curves, and have a ruff unenjoyable ride? and if you say any cars that are more than like 8 or 9 years old i'm gonna wish i could slap you bcuz ricers older than that are also ugly as hell with bad curves.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Chevy actually has a point here- to properly "rice" up a car, one must:
a) make sure the car is japanese (Neons need not apply)
b) put stickers on that can add ONLY 50-200 hp. not 201. not 49.
c) Spend pooploads of money on their improvements to the engine that make it only comparible to the other cars out there.
d) gotta have the NOS. tho IMO NOS is a big waste of $$. it only helps you in short bursts, not over a long run like a blower/turbo.

IMO ricers are a waste of money. im a huge fan of sleeper cars. if u don't know what a sleeper is, its a car that looks quite slow but blows the doors off other souped up cars. i.e. those Chevy Ex-cop cars with the LT1 motors. those shits r quite intimidating.

posted by  SuperJew

Rice-ing up a car means taking a car designed for economy and making it do things it was not designed to.

Now take a car like a BMW fresh off the dealer lot...now that's a car designed for high speeds and quick stops...The Ultimate Driving Machine. Not many mods, if any, needed to cook some rice.

hehe i just love some cooked white rice.....with a little bit of soy sauce... :D

posted by  SuperJew

i saw the funniest thing today. there was this kid at my school with a yellow honda civic, (it was the four door sedan) and it had the fast and the furious type decal stuff on it. then i saw him race a ford mustang (i think the mustang was like a '95 and his civic looked like a '98 ) and he got his ass WASTED!!!! it was funnier than hell bcuz he had the custom hood to make it look like an intercooler but my friend said that he knew the kid and all his upgrades on the car were cosmetic. there were no performance parts added AT ALL!!! i laughed my ass off for like 5 minutes straight. i couldn't stop laughin at the f*ckin fagg.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

I don't like small tits :D

posted by  57ock

I have one word for that comment. "dickhead"

As for ricers with stickers all over their cars. There dickheads too

posted by  57ock

And those damn tail fins that are of absolutely no use! Do they think they are on a speed track? The best they can do is race from one red light to the next...and the fastest they can get up to is MAYBE 60mph?...All those useless ground effects...and those damn tin can exhaust systems. How annoying is that?!?

its quite annoying Bavarian.....and lets jsut put it at ricers are for fags.

posted by  SuperJew

don't hate ya'll...all cars are good in their own way. civic are not meant to be fast, but they will out last any average domestic car. my dad had a pontiac, it was powerful but nothing but pile of junk after ten years. that shit keeps breaking down.

posted by  ULnv4ever

They like their cars to look like that. Who do you think you are to critisize them for their opinon on what looks good? That's like saying you think it's completely stupid for people to wear sweaters. They don't even affect you, why do you even CARE what they do to their cars?

You're kidding, right? Most BMW's are DOG slow.

Then you need to grow up. It's not your car, why do you even CARE about it?

Miats are slow dude. Cool, but slow.

I believe any logical person would group the SRT4 in with the very same imports you're trying to bash. It's FWD, 4 cylinder, turbo. If you're saying it's better simply because of the country it was made in, then you truly are ignorant.

I'm glad you watch BMW commercials and can quote their ad campaigns, but 95% of BMW's are still uber-slow.

You know what makes a real dickhead? Calling someone a dickhead because of their opinion that stickers look good. THAT'S a dickhead.

They absolutely do have a use. They look good. Well they think they look good, I don't think they look good. But I'm not gonna make fun of them because they think something looks good that I don't. I'm not an elitist a-hole like that.

And you guys making fun of all their cars, lets see YOUR cars... By the way some of you are speaking, I bet half of you can't even drive yet.

posted by  jasona

wow...ure really coming out spewing for a newb.

WRONG most BMWs are actually quite fast. just look at the magazines. oh wait, you can't understand logical sentences. never mind.

here we have a case of hypocrisy. hes busting on people for criticising what people think. oh yeah, its called freedom of speech.

well actually youre wrong. you see the Neon is an American car. last time i knew thats not imported. the definition of a Ricer is that it's imported. the neon clearly does not fit in, because, as previously stated, it is not imported.

as to youre whole post, you actually do seem like an asshole. oh yeah, youre also dead wrong about some stuff. and just to add insult to injury heres my ride.

posted by  SuperJew

BZZT, wrong! Show me one BMW that can break 13's, and I'll show you 20 that can't get into the 14's. Hell, the 328i is a mid-high 15 second car. Slow! That's the 328 too, imagine the 325, 318, 525, etc...

Where? I just said he shouldn't bash people for their opinions.

No kidding? Wow, you're a quick one :rolleyes:

BZZT, wrong again! A car that has been "riced" is one that is "all show no go". A Camaro, a Silverado, ANYTHING can be rice. Honestly, your little Neon with the stripes is kinda ricey.

Rice, in the context you guys are using it, does mean an import. Even though that's a WRONG definition, I'll continue to tell why why you're still wrong even if it was right. Standard import race car = FWD, 4 cylinder, economy car, sometimes turbo. Right? Well guess what the SRT4 is... FWD, 4 cylinder, economy car, turbo. The ONLY difference is it's an American company. And as I already stated, if you're saying it's better just because it's american, you are truly ignorant.

And you have no idea what you're talking about! I'd rather be an asshole than spewing info out of my butt!

Insult? Where? Am I supposed to be impressed by some riced out Neon?

posted by  jasona

I guess this really says it all about you, doesn't it?

http://www.arimport.com/pics/magracer.GIF

posted by  jasona

no youre not. youre supposed to get your head out of your ass and realize how stupid you are. you and youre stupid-ass bzzts. this is no game show.

and i guess that magazine picture is just too stupid for me i dont get it at all.

posted by  SuperJew

I just proved you wrong like how many times now?

Are you just gonna call me names, or can you back yourself up?

Oh but it is. And you just lost.

:D :D :D

I don't think it's the pic that's too stupid for you. Maybe the other way around...

Magazine racer = someone who's knowledge is all what they read or see on TV. No real experience.

posted by  jasona

Here you go, slick.

http://www.riceboypage.com/what_is_riceboy/

"Rice-Boys do not exclusively drive Japanese cars. There are quite a few fake Mustang '5.0's and Camaro Z28's out there, as well as quite a few strange looking Neons. "

The strange looking Neon part ring a bell? :D

P.S. own3d

posted by  jasona

Are u saying that there are no BMW's that can pass the 13's limit?????If you are,then I agree with Superjew that u have no idea and should atleast try reading a magazine!!!!!
A new 7 series has 7.7's!!!!!!
A BMW M3 has 5.8seconds,and believe me I've driven one on a track and tested the accelaration!!!!!

posted by  vwmaniac

Het, this IS fun! :thumbs: :popcorn: :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

oh jasona where have you had this "experience" you are so keen on? last time i knew they didn't allow 8-year-olds drive wherever the hell you live.

oh and about strange looking cars- you haven't seen strange till uve seen this:

posted by  SuperJew

Uhh... Noooooo :rolleyes:

I said for every one that can, there are a grap more that can't. Is it that hard to understand?

Gosh, this forum is just full of mag racers! :D

They also run high 14's.

Your point? I never said there were no fast BMW's. I did say the vast majority are slow.

posted by  jasona

Uhh... the track? :rolleyes:

Good one :rolleyes:

I like the fact that you don't try to counter any of my points, just call me names like some high school kid. Obviously you have nothing to back yourself up with.

posted by  jasona

hey buddy- i got news for ya. i am in high school. so the whole "calling names like a high school kid" actually makes sense and is not insulting. then again, nothig you have said is insulting. so why do i care about you?

posted by  SuperJew

It seems we have a crusader among us. Thank the Lord for you as I thought my night was monotonous.

posted by  57ock

So riceboypage.com is a leading authority on this subject? They preside over the meanings in the English language and its jargon?

I come to believe that RICEBOY is a matter of opinion. In addition, if there was a dictionary definition, I don't believe it would come from a individual who publishs a personal webpage.

posted by  57ock

Just for your information, I own a Honda Civic that will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, and will do (on longest final-drive) 148 Mph, I also used it to win the British Touring car championship Production class, With 9 poles out of 10, and 8 outright wins, and 18 class podiums out of 20.

Stop slaging off Honda's unless you can prove you can be faster....

posted by  Tobsc

First off congratulations on your championship year. On to the subject at hand.

I think if you take a critical look at this thread you'll only find one idiot who is actually putting down Civics. The other comments concerning them are not directed at the car but the person who owns the car. You see here in the states alot of cars, possibly a majority of them Civics, are "riced out". They're covered with stickers, have fart cannons installed, neon lights and a load of other crap on them that do nothing to improve performance. Then because the owner saw a magazine with a Civic that hauls ass they think that they have all the needed ingredients to do the same thing. But all they're doing is blowing smoke up peoples asses, posing as race car drivers and making themselves look stupid. And of course the cars they drive by association.

posted by  vwhobo

I must say old chap, Jolly good show Mister Vwhobo. ;)

posted by  57ock

Not true but lets Drop this ok? EVERMAN TO HIS OWN GODDAMN IT. So one guy wants Looks, the other wants speed, the other wants his car to fucking fly him to timbuckto and back and then drive him to 7-11. Ok? quit giving people shit for what they do? its not your fucking car, its not your fucking money its not any of your fucking business. most cars can be made quick to fast within a good budget if you know what your doing and dont pay others too do it for you.

posted by  Arthur

Think what you may...15yr old technology still keeps up with all those rice mobiles quite fine. Spend away...

Well i never said Older cars arent good iits just you said that to make imports fast they require alot of money which isnt true. you can take a talon/eclipse earlier year and make high 12 second car with like 2 grand.

posted by  Arthur

can you explain how to do this? as in what one needs to buy to do so, keeping in mind your budget of $2000.

posted by  SuperJew

o yeah.. azns and ricers, i wonder how its related!

those damn econoboxs out there, yeah, thats all aznish. americans could care less for the gas but seriously, the econoboxs are meant to save gas dammit.. its not meant to be sum fast sh-t.
yeah sure ill drive a civic.
sure, ill but a spoiler [not big], body kit, neon lights, [hell no to the racing stickers, they're plain ol ugly] and change the interior and crap. sure, ill get 8 secs 0-60 if i got the money. but it hell ain't meant to race.. its an DAMN ECONOCAR. ill be chugging away with like 25 mpg and how much do those damn mustangs chug away STOCK? like a small 20. thats why ricers are usually asian and why asians even bother to be what you call ricers.

posted by  xale

:clap: :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

:screwy: another resurection

posted by  Voda48

Sometimes they come back... :screwy: :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

Well i must start by saying that i dont have no damn lil honda/acura/hyundai. Hate those damn played out ass cars. I have a first generation eclipse. I also hate the 92 and up eclipses just for note. Especially the 99-up ones. And people dont have to spend 15,000 just to get the cars fast. my friend put 6,000 in his car with looks included and runs 12s. Thats a pretty nice investment. Im planning on 15k and my car will be finished looks and performance mods. The engine is 3,500 but is capable of 1000whp daily driving and the turbo'll be another 3,000-4,000 but after that ill only have the cheap crap. Ignition fuel and intake/exhaust. and they do it for looks (the spoiler) and i must say its an embarrassment to import enthusiasts like me to see these giant wings (with no reason by the way...at least mine is adjustable (and i will adjust it) ) and these shitty paint jobs. But oh well what can i say. There are some serious car modders. Just look on the cover of import magazines everywhere. Those people dont play. And they are really fast as shit -some of em.

posted by  VMJYogi

yes since the engine comes bulletproof i could put the turbo on right away as long as i keep the psi low. So then id get the other crap and with a top investment of 8,000 id have a sub 10 sec car daily driver.

posted by  VMJYogi

talk about resurrection :laughing:

posted by  Inygknok

An eclipse is not reliable. Acura is well made, Quality craftsman ship. Extremely reliable. As far as played out..... I agree. :2cents:

posted by  jzxTT

That is true. I must tip my hat to whoever makes them cars cause they are reliable. Well i dont know how reliable the engine is but the car is good to me. Im getting a 4g63. And my hostility towards honda/acuras is simply jealousy. You people can rebuild a car out of aftermarket parts but i cant seem to find crap @ least not anything nice

posted by  VMJYogi

yogi, tell me more on how ur gonna get a 1000hp engine AND make it a daily driver?

posted by  Unlicensed

Alright, idiot. For one thing, MSRP on the SRT-4 is $20,995. A Neon (which, in case you were too stupid to notice, the SRT-4 is based on) has an MSRP of $14,035. If you were to subtract them, that comes out to $6960. Just because people are paying $5000 aftermarket for their "ricers", you seem to think that you are saving some sort of great amount of money. No. It's as broad as it is long- upwards of $7000 aftermarket, or $7000 on list price of the car. For some reason, I don't think that crossed your mind.... Hmmm. :guns:

posted by  Patrick

You're an idiot, I mean really. "your a noob if you read magzines". I've tuned a 600rwhp 300zx and I read magazines. Im a noob too, right. :ticking:.
:ticking: []D [] []\/[] []D slaP thiS fOOL SJ :laughing: . :mrgreen: BTW i ran 10 second quarter miles in my "ricer". But im jusT a noob. lmAo
btw(2) If you incist on using those words you say "rice rocket", a car is not a ricer.

posted by  jzxTT

hehe, y did u create this sterotype? i mean, i have an 88 accord A20A that'll run 6.0 sec in the 1/4 mile w/o sprayin my nitrous. i know it's slow by skyline standards, but i aint no pussy and i dont try to make my "ricer" look "pimp." cuz all i like is brutal acceleration/handling, and when u live in a hood like mine it's good to stay under the radar :laughing: :hi:

posted by  allroundcarguy2

i kept reading that particular highlighted section over and over again...... 6.0sec in the 1/4 without nitrous being slow by skyline standards......wtf have u been smoking?

posted by  Inygknok

I am willing to bet he is one of those kids here that doesnt even drive a car yet..... lol 6 secs geez..... :banghead:

posted by  Voda48

Oh im sorry, i mean 6 sec 0-60 mph! :doh: :doh: :doh:

well i didnt say my car would be 1000 hp. i said im expecting about 640whp. hopefully ill get more though in the future and all u need to make the car a daily driver is to change the cams to street abilities and if u have a EMS like the one AEM makes than you can store different settings for ur fuel pressure, timing and such. one for daily driving and one for street use. LIke a nice cars sport on/off button. BUT i did say the engine that they sell comes in 3 stages. one minimum stage one 2nd srage up to 6whp and the max which supports up to 1300whp run after run.

posted by  VMJYogi

HAHAHAHAH bullshit. also the bullshit about needing atleast 5 grand to make them fast? what are you craZY!??!?! Buy a second gen mr2, drop in maybe a grand and its going to hit low 13's high 12s, Buy a laser/eclipse drop in 2 grand at the most and your in 12's.

posted by  Arthur

Sounds like a good formula. Im gonna start lookin at Eclipse GST/GSXs right now :hi:

civic sure goes under 15 from 0-60

my friend's civic ex 1.6 liter goes somthing like 11 seconds from 0-60

im with my 98 1.6 automatic corolla goes somthing like 11 too from 0-60

i think the japanese give the amricans the leftovers :mrgreen:

the civic is a real quicky car like most of the new compact japanese :thumbs:

posted by  ILdriver

It's a damn good justification :clap: cuz how come we get a crap Si, europe despite have $5/gallon gas, gets a Type R?

well ive been reading all u guys bullshit and heres the lowdown. Ur ricey shitboxes are exactly that..shit boxes. Take them in their stock condition. They are fu*ked. No torque..nothing. AHhh, take a beautiful..classic, a Shelby Cobra, or a Mustang...torque by the bucketloads..STOCK. None of this carolla, fukin civic bullshit. U people are tryin to turn grandmother learner cars into sports cars. Its like pushin shit uphill. Ohhh my theres a skyline that has 1234 rwhp blah blah ohhh yeh meanwhile its got thirty fukin turbos and a team of crappy engineers. What ever happened to cubic inches people. WHERE DID IT GO..HUH. Ohhh my exhaust is 3" wide..urs is only 2"...meanwhile the car has shit all to it anyway. Fuk man....grow some balls. :fu:

posted by  bigv8

You sad sad person.

posted by  fudge

You need to grow a few brain cells. You type like you're 12.

I realize you like drag racing. That's not all there is to cars. I've HAD big block V8 musclecars. And iv'e had small engine sports cars. It's all good.

You don't need a bunch of torque in a light, agile car. It's FUN to have the torque, but it's not necessary. It's also fun to have a high winding small engine that you have to shift to keep it in it's powerband, like road racers have done for decades in formula cars, sport sedans, and traditional sports cars.

posted by  ChrisV

Civics are a waste of time to bother with. Yeah they might go fast (eventualy) but their looks aint so great. See you need a better car Like a prelude. Thats the way to do it, fast, respectable and a genuinly nice car. :thumbs:

posted by  JDMprelude92

**** that man. You can push any engine up to 1200 bhp. Theres nothing special about that. And a lot of people cant aford a classic cobra or a mustang. That shits expensive. With a tuner its a cheap car and its fairly easy to put stuff into with the exception of the ECU and wiring. "Shit boxes" also weigh about half the weight of any old school car. MWaning we can get off the line way quicker with less torque an hp. Do some research dick head

posted by  JDMprelude92

I had the basic Entry level honda civic DX 1.3 carb 16v (europe version) thats the slowest civic you can get still did 60 in about 11 seconds and topped 108mph ok so they anit fast but they anit that slow either. why is speed also relevant to looking pimp!??? u wanna cruise slowly past them not blast em at 180mph! :ohcrap:

posted by  Lukaz

I love the Rx-7's and I adore the Rx-8's. Even though i firmly stay with the 7's the 8's do have their qualities. so...if favor of the Rx's...id have to say the 7's are my favorite.

posted by  FD cr@zl

Well this theads going somewhere, maybe because it started out about "ricers". Can anyone see a connection?

posted by  GreekWarrior

oh christ come down here and take your v8 in the taupo race track, itll probably crash and burn cause it cant turn (im not meaning all v8s, some are reall good) just chill out ok jeez, my boss has mustang (reall rare where we are) and i really like it stop sayin "your car is plain shit, mine is better!!!" the world doesnt revolve around you!!!

posted by  ahoo

ur rediculious joe dirt(bigv8). It's 2005 and there is replacment for displacment its called technology. Im sure most of your friends in ur trailor park drive around muscle cars but you have to look around and realize that those yestertech machines don't rule the road anymore. Take a ride in an evo, m3, wrx or even a turbo hatch and im sure your opinion will change. :screwy:

posted by  04subwrx

Let's not fight ignorant statements with more ignorant statements.

Technology is most evident in engine management systems, not in engine size or valve layout. Or even in turbos, though production car turbos didn't start until '62 with the all aluminum air cooled Corvair and the all aluminum 3.5 liter V8 Olds Jetfire...

Displacement still makes better power than any other method, which is why Honda, the kings of small engines, upped the displacement on the newer S2000s without increasing horsepower. It gave the same power, but more torque, over a wider band. It's why Porsche doesn't still use 2 liter 6 cyl engines in the 911 series, even though we know that 300-400 hp can be had from an engine of that displacement. It's why Ferrari isn't still using a 3 liter V8 in it's cars, either. It's why the top Mercedes model isn'ta 300SL, with a 3 liter 6 cyl...

Displacement, not to put too fine a point on it, rules. ANYthing that can be done to a smaller engine to make as much power as a larger one, can also be done to the larger one and make even more power. And a larger engine doesn't have to be tuned as radically to get high power, and will usually deliver better overall driveability and versatility at the same power levels.

Not saying a small engine is bad, as I love a lot of good small engine cars for racing use, or in light sports cars (like the one in my sig).

posted by  ChrisV

Personally, I like the looks of Civic Coupe and the CRX better than any Prelude. And since the Civic is smaller and lighter, it would make a better platform for building a performance car from.

posted by  ChrisV

are the coup civics the same weight as the preludes?

posted by  ahoo

What is performance when your car handles like a turd.

posted by  99integra

No, they are lighter. An example:

1993 Civic EX Coupe weighed 2231 lbs.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2049/act/ usedcarreviewspecs/

1993 Prelude weighed 2809 lbs.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2176/act/ usedcarreviewspecs/

Almost a 600 lb difference!

From the same site: the '99-2000 Civic Si weighed 2262 lbs, while the same year Prelude SH weighed 2954 lbs! That's a whopping 700lbs difference!

The Civic hatchback weighs a hundred lbs less than the Civic Coupe, which is why a 200 lb Civic DX hatchback is teh prime choice to build a performance car from. You only need half as much hp to make the car quick. And it also takes less suspension work to make a car that light handle good, too. Both reasons make it much better than the Prelude as a platform to build from (and also help explain why the Civic is one of the more popular platforms to build from in total for tuners and real racers, which is also why Ricers use them).

posted by  ChrisV

You don't know that the large engine cars handle like turds, as there are a LOT of successful road race and slalom race versions that wil hand you your ass in teh twisties as well as in a straight line.

You guys are being extreme on both sides of the issue, which makes both sides wrong.

posted by  ChrisV

I was talking about the muscle cars just to clarify. When I think of v8's I think of mucle cars.

posted by  99integra

Then you need to think about more than just stock '60s musclecars, as a lot of V8 domestics can handle (including those '60s musclecars with aftermarket shocks, swaybars, and modern tires. You know, the kinds of things people do to modern sports compacts too...).

posted by  ChrisV

True that

posted by  99integra

are u insane have u ever heard of an STi or an EVO those cars make the dodge designers cry at nite. and i dont kno y u guys keep saying ricers. Ricers are people, imports are the cars thanx for gettin that straight, and just because us tuners like a challenge rather than throwing in a v8 and spending the rest of our money on gas wed rather work hard and have something to prove for iti think a 1.6L civic with over 250 hp is alot more impressive than throwing in a 350 crate engine and boasting about all ur hp

posted by  CivicSi

civicpride!!

posted by  CarEXPERT

okay i need to reply to this thread.

one miata is a sweetass car. on any road course those things can dominate. ive been in a homebrew turbo miata and damn. all i had to say was damn. i would drive one any day of the week and you know what? i dont know what kind of potato loving crap they have going on in idaho or wherever you said your from, but i get laid plenty by young, attractive women. Mostly thanks to college... :thumbs: but that is not the point.

also, i think you have a misconcieved notion of what "rice" really is. the SRt-4 can EASILY fall under rice. why? because rice is a attitude more than anything else. and SRT drivers have plenty of that "my car is hot shit" attitude. well for a car that need to produce 15 lbs of boostfrom the factory to just hit 250 hp. thats mighty said. i would be scared to drive my cars at 15 lbs because that would actaully produce power.

i like my old school cars and would love to have a el camino sitting in my garage, but i think you underestimate what our jap / euro / mexican? cars can do.

posted by  Low Impedance

Defend my ricer eh? I'd be more than happy to line my GSR up against any stang or camaro out there. I'll agree with you all, big spoilers don't make the car. It's what's under the hood that counts.. and since I run around a 14.3 on the 1/4... I'd say that's bragging rights...

Then again my old 240SX was pretty quick. Unfortunately I was never able to take it to the track..

posted by  Metzger

I seriously hope that's sarcasm. 14.3? A stock mustang cobra runs low 13s, and a mustang GT runs low 14s, high 13s. A stock camaro SS runs low 13s, a stock camaro z28 runs middle 13s.

It's pretty hard to get a 1.8 liter inline 4 to move as quickly with the same parts as a 5.7 liter V8. GSR's aren't meant for the straight, they're meant for the track, that's where your bragging rights come into play, not on the drag.

posted by  Godlaus

hmmmm.... just built my "ricer mkiv supra".........be carefull on what you say on forums.......some people work with what they have......

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Haven't any of you people heard of power to weight ratio? You know how hard it is to get a 1st or 2nd ged camaro weigh even close to 3000 pounds and with a big block none the less? You would have to strip the crap out of it and use alot fiber glass panels to get it close to 3000 pounds. The WRX STI puts out 300 hp and weighs under 3000 pounds fully loaded. They say losing 6 pounds is like gaining 1 hp ,so really if you were racing a 3800 pound camaro the STI would have 440 hp right? In 1983 Renault(its french if you didn't know) made a 800 hp 1500cc(90 cubic inches)motor! Just think if someone put one of these in a yugo or something. Are there any American car companys that have even come close to that? I have 2 Camaros so don't get me wrong but the jap cars are getting faster than the the old muscle cars these days and in 10 years it'll just be worst, so get used to it, the sooner you get over yourself the better cause it'll only get worst from here.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Yeah, Pugeot made an 800 hp F1 engine that cost a bazillion dollars. There's more than power to weight, there's power per dollar. And if you managed to get a Camaro to weigh 3800 lbs, I'd say you need to get 4 or 5 people out of the car before you weigh it again. (or did you read the GVW on the door?)

posted by  ChrisV

Well the I was guessing about 3800 with a big block.

posted by  x1/9-rally

I don't know what you guys are talkin about with "ricer" cars, there are no cars that are specified as a ricer, any car can be a ricer, it just depends what you do to it. Take for instance red neon lights, bright and super chrome "rims", euros, inside panels same color as exterior, super ellaborate super ugly body kit, and a spoiler (which won't even help until a good bit over 100 mph). Now any of this can be stuck on a civic or a mustang, along with a GTR emblem. All of those things or more on any car makes that person and car a ricer.

posted by  240SXSR20DET

oooohhhh...are you in for a world of hurt.

Rice is an attitude, not a car. And generally, it's on the sending side, not the recieving side where rice is wrongfully determined.

posted by  Godlaus

Okay, time to throw my opinion in this giant thread that is a flame war...

I'm stuck somewhat squarely in the middle of this argument...I don't like rice rockets, and I don't like bodykits or especially coffee can exhausts. I don't dislike the people who do have them though, that's their love and let them have fun with it.

What I do like is a fast, enjoyable car. My car's (1994 Honda Accord EX) appearance is stock, and I put a supercharger on it just to make the car more of a thrill to drive, not because I intend to win a race against anyone, cause I don't.

I'm not going to claim that my car can beat a Camaro or a Mustang or especially a Corvette, because it can't. What it can do is make me happy to drive it and generally produce a thrilling experience for me.

So that's my opinion.

posted by  hondaman

There's no point making those sort of rational, sensible statements here. If you read the rest of the thread you'll notice that there's no room here for coherent thought. You have to hate Japanese sports cars and think "theres no replacement for displacement" ... or you think that american car lovers are idiots because the only way they can apparently make their cars fast is by putting in bigger engines, showing no engineering prowess whatsoever.

On a serious note, you are right of course. Both arguments are BS!!! American and other muscle-type cars are fast, and have some good engineering too. Japanese cars achieve the same goals through very different methods, but both ways work. You can have a preference, but anyone naive enough to think that their opinion is right and everyone else's is wrong needs to remove their head from their own rectum. :2cents:

posted by  windsonian

comon guys i had a ricer, pretty neat too

posted by  Racer14

...but was it actually fast? (seriously)

the only problem i have w/ ricers are 1) my love for sleepers; and 2) the fact that in my locale, about 99% of "rice rockets" are just stickermobiles w/ erector set wings and fart cans, and maybe a k&n filter. nothing done to the drivetrain--and they think they are really fast! a couple of months ago, i blew the doors off a focus zx3 w/ every dumb looking (in my opinion) visual add-on there is..........with my wife's stock '93 escort!! that little econobox doesn't even have 14" wheels (13" steelies), for crying out loud! that's my problem w/ some ricers...

at one point, i had an 81 accord that i was considering creating a sleeper from w/ all honda parts, so i'm not really prejudiced against imports...

posted by  dodger65

HELL YEAH ITS FAST
the fastest it went was 193 mph on a 1/4 mile drag strip

posted by  Racer14

did you tie it to a rocket?...

but really, did you have any engine or drivetrain mods?

posted by  dodger65

Yep
it was ALL pretty Expensive!

posted by  Racer14

You hit 193 mph in a street-legal civic in the quarter. Meaning, when you passed the finish line, a quarter mile from where you started at zero mph, you were doing 193........

What was your E.T again?

Stephen Phadakis' civic can only run a 6.55 @ 211.89. To run a X.XX @ 193, you're hitting 7s, which is pretty much unheard of from a street-legal FWD car. Especially the B16 motor. Hell, Phadakis' civic is a RWD platform and running a NSX motor. Sorry, I'll believe you if you have proof, but otherwise, the BS flag is waving.
--------------
Car looks great, but I can't say the same for the rims.

posted by  Godlaus

Actually, its a 94-95 Accord LX, not sure if that makes a difference though

posted by  hondaman

haha.. that part was sarcasm.. the GSR just got a nice T3 Turbo.. alc. injection... Bring it on muscle cars.. lookin' on purchasin' a nice Z28 tho, not a muscle car hater... I just don't quite appreciate some **** w/ an ego trip tryin' to get his jolly's off by knockin' on a subject he obviously has no clue on what he's talking about...

posted by  Metzger

Nope no difference. It's still BS that you went over 100 mph in that Accord in a 1/4 mile drag.

posted by  ChrisV

he didnt! I DID! get your facts straight man

posted by  Racer14

The fact that you're BS-ing?

posted by  Godlaus

Wow that is very impressive. Tell us more.

posted by  Wally

Is the world record for a FWD street-legal car above 190 mph?

posted by  Godlaus

No its 213MPH Haha almost got close, but i cheated, i put in NOS so it would go fast

posted by  Racer14

Yea well its just plain stupid when people start talking about ricers and imidiatley mention civics, yea civics are awfull, all of them. If I see a civic on the highway I drop er down and fly by it becuase I hate them but Japan has produced some of the most stunning sports cars ever. I drive a 93' 240SX and I love it. Atleast when you buy rice it last longer then a year without a major mechanical problem ;P

posted by  Predator64dd

yep, that's pretty much the attitude that makes this a pointless argument.

posted by  windsonian

LOL....ummm yeah.....R33 gtst is pretty slow....GTR....not so slow...

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Your Message