what kind of engine does the gtst r33 have

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  what kind of engine does the gtst r33 have

hey what kind of engine does the gtst r33 have is it 6cylinde ror what? also what is the maximum hp that a gtst r33 could put out? thanks

posted by  azn2nv

i'm not 100% sure but i think its a 2.5 ltr 6 cyl Turbo. at least i'm pretty sure thats a '96 anyways...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

RB25DET
RB = inline design
25 = 2.5ltr
D = double over head cam
E = Electronic fuel injection
T = Turbo

As for maximum HP a rb25det. That all depends on how much money you have. With standard turbo, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket intercooler, more boost & tune. Around 260hp @ wheels

Around 450-500hp @ fly the standard motor isn't going to be reliable. Other words, its gonna shit itself.

But if your rich and can afford a full rebuild. 3ltr block, complete bottom end rebuild etc etc etc. 1000hp + ? But thats not a rb25det anymore :)

Anyway, most people ditch the Rb25det for the Rb26dett. Rb26 is a far better motor

posted by  57ock

thanx for defining that a bit more for me 57ock. i didn't have any idea that RB25DET meant somthing lol. i thought it was just kind-of a name to make it sound more hi-tech. :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

No problem mate.

The rb series needs to sound high tech. It was designed back in the late 60's :D

posted by  57ock

:D lol

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

OOohhh so thats what the two first letters mean and the E, i knew the other things, So what ?does the SR in sr20de/t mean i had always figured the first two letters where the engine family. like the knew Q something in the neew sentra, the nap Z engine and the CA18e,ca18et, ca18de, ca18DET.ka24e and ka24de

posted by  Arthur

Yes it does belong to the engine family / design

all sr motors are inline 4 cylinder.
where as the VG motors are v shaped motors.

posted by  57ock

oh i know that but you said RB stands for inline and i assumed since SR and VG CA, KA are all engine familys so would RB.

posted by  Arthur

All rb motors are inline 6

posted by  57ock

Your Message